Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Scared

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hey well I have been doing ok w/this but I started agin and when im doing it I always get wicked tired?? And I was wondering if that was normal?? And my heart beats soooooo fast..I have been getting pains under like my boob and I think that is like were ur rib cage ends so is that were ur heart is?? I dunno any more I have like soooo many probs...Well if any one has any suggestions will you please w/b???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2005
Of course you get tired while you're doing that. You're putting so much energy into it. It's very hard on your heart, and so it's natural that it feels like it's going to rip through your flesh and beat like crazy. Eating disorders - particularly bulimia puts you at risk for a heart attack.

Suggestion? The obvious...Try not to do that so much, or at all. I know that's stupid to say because it's quite hard to just 'stop.' i'm ana/bulimic...And can't stop as well. So...Looks like we just need time and medical help !

So... Try to stop on you own...Or seek help.

Good luck.

Take vitamins. Make sure to get lots of fluids. Purging dehydrates you...A lot.
|

replied February 6th, 2005
Hey
Hey ya I no I need to stop it just so0o0o00o hard:( I have tried likesoooo many times im trying again.....Ok sooo thats why I get sooo tired...It sooo weird i'll like yawn and feel like im ganna fall fast asleep..Also whjen I run I feel like im sooooo tired..And I like yawn to...I dunno lol ppl think it is just something u can do like that and its not ..........So how long have u been...Ana/bul??I have for 3yrs=[ and I rlly hate it soooo much...Ya I notice that my mouth gets wicked dry...After....And I dont take vitamens...Is that bad??? Ttysoon...
~kelsey~!
|

Drained
I find it hard to stop purging as well. What I did was - I started out purging about 4 or 5 times a day. After a few days i'd try to go down to 3 times, then 2, then eventually one. However, it wasn't really that beneficial - I just didn't eat any more than that many meals. It is good though, if you eat a lot of fruit throughout the day. It's very low in calories, and apples, for example take a while to eat if you chew them a lot. Apples are my savior. Blueberries are extremely low in calories and tasty. Eat those. You won't need to throw them up.

I've had an e.D. Since I was about 15 - so 4 years. I started out w/ a diet pill/exercise obsession - then anorexia, then a combination of ana/mia/diet pill and exercising. You're right, it is hell. Vitamins a must ? Yes...Make sure to take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement. We're both going to get osteoporosis if we don't. Try to get a little potassium as well - or your body will get even more f'd up and you'll be risking your life. That's where i"m at. They want to hospitalize me because i'm so f'd up. Take your pills!
|

Heyy
Hey well thats what im ganna try doing=] I rrl hope it works cause im kinda sick of doing it?? Well I will try to take pills...It is just ganna be hard to find any???? Ya I <3 fruit.....I used to get alot of cramps in my leg at night??That could be because I was low in potasium???Welll I hopw u dont have to be hospittalized??That would sux???Maby it could help u get better?? Good luck for now=]
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Re
Yeah you'll get tired. We all get tired.
|