Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Green Tongue (Page 1)

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I've been told by the doctor that I have a viral infection. Since getting this (2 days ago) I have a symptom that i've never had before. My tongue has turned a pale green. No matter how much I brush it stays green. It feels like I have small bumps on it also.

Any idea what is causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gjwhf2012
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Green Tounge
For the past few months my tongue will randomly turn green and stay that way for a few days before going away...then it will appear again after a week or so. The only thing I can find out about it is that it could be an indication of a serious infection or cancer. This is worrying me...does anyone have anymore information about green tongue?
|

replied November 29th, 2007
Green Tounge Syndrome
The only time I have seen reference to this term was in the lest 4 days while we were going over medical conditions as they pertain toxicity and or alcholism. However I can not seem to find any substantial information on this subject. I'm going to keep researching this subject and hope to find out where this term originated and exactly what it pertains to and its causes. You may want to look at your daily activities or perhaps your regular intake of certain substances that might lead to an abundance of any substances that may lead to a build up toxins in your body. Good luck!!!
|

replied December 21st, 2008
Green Tongue
My mom says that my green tongue is thrash or a yeast infection. But mine goes away when I brush it, but not when I use listerine. I also have a throat ache and headache, and I am tired.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
green tongue, tired, and dizzy
could you please tell me what causes to have a green tongue.
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2008
Supporter
derbygal, your green tongue may be due to a candida infection caused by your antibiotic. It can also be caused by drinking anything high in bismuth (such as Pepto Bismol.) A white/green tongue can be a sign of dehydration. There is also something called a chloroplasmic reaction that some people experience after surgery.
I hope this information is helpful.
|

replied February 17th, 2009
green tongue
I been noticeing in the mornings that my tongue is green. What is this in mouth.Also i had a bitter taste in mouth when i drink a beer never had this before.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
alcohol
i get a green tongue after drinking lots of alcohol on a weekend
it doesnt brush off
and it tastes funny
it stays for a day or two
i also dont drink much water

so i think it is a dehydration thing
as alcohol dehydrates you

[=
|

replied April 24th, 2009
The back half of my tongue right now is green, and i asked the doctor about it because i have strep throat. And it seems that bacteria and viruses near the throat can cause the tongue to change to this color. So to the guy who thinks he has cancer from green tongue don't be so worried.
|

replied August 18th, 2011
hello
then what doc suggested you to do..inorder to get rid from that green tongue..
|

replied November 27th, 2011
Were your taste buds affected? I can't taste anything and have the green tongue. Just wondering what it is.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
k im also wondering about this as i have it often. i do drink a fair amount of alcohol daily so it could be that but ive never herd of that before, and neither have friends that drink the same amount. so is it also an indicator of anything severe? and im not sick so its not that.
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
lol everyone is overcomplicating it. green on your tounge is dried saliva and/or mucus. you probably have sinus problems and/or sleep with your mouth open. do you have allergies?
|

replied May 4th, 2010
Green Tongue
I have it, and I'm trying to look for some kind of solution as how to get rid of it. I drink enough per day (so I hope) and eat a generally balanced and healthy diet. I have had it for probably a couple of years now - I can neither scrape nor brush it away with my toothbrush, and I must admit to being worried when it was mentioned that I could have cancer. I am a boy in my early teens and I think I'm starting the change now but any sort of solution would be greatly appreciated as I don't know which answer I should go for on this thread.
Thanks. Razz
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
i have a sort of thick pale green mucus on mine i also have disinies (sorry didnt know how to spell it), a sore throat, a blocked nose and a really bad headache i cant brush it off how do i get rid off it
|

replied June 7th, 2010
it sounds like hayfever get it checked my husband and I have the same thing and we have had hayfever for the last few weeks and his tongue is green.
|

replied July 30th, 2010
Green Tongue
I have had this condition for 6 months now - Way back in Januray I had gastritis - this was confirmed after an endoscope - As the months went on the tongue was still green - back and forth to doctors - got many fungal medications - did not work - I had another endoscope in June - stomach clear of gastritis - The tounge is still green - some days less - NO CANCER in stomach as had 2 endoscopies - Everyone who has seen me isn't concerned about it - the only one who is is me! It truly is driving me crazy - no rhyme or reason - Non smoker - do not drink - eat well - MYSTERY - Anyone who gets a result re green tongue let us all know! Karen
|

replied August 20th, 2010
Green Tongue
My husband bought Dr. Katz Perio Therapy Oral Rinse and he used it last night and I used it this morning. Both of us only once. We both have a bitterness taste, taste of everything we eat or drink is different and bitter, and we finally looked at our mouth because of this and both are tongues were greenish brown. We both have brushed and scraped our tongue and a lot has come off, but not all. I am hoping it will just fade away. Just wanted to share this just in case others might be using a mouth rinse.
|

replied November 7th, 2011
green tongue
I have a green tongue..it wont come of..i dont have cold..its my first day of it..im really embarrassed at school!Do I have cancer?
|

replied January 8th, 2012
Green tongue
I also have a green tongue and I feel well I eat well and don't drink x I have had it for 3 or so weeks and not sure what it is I also would like tO know if that's possable xx
|

replied April 5th, 2012
green tongue
It's crazy that so many people are having this problem and no one really seems to have an answer. I've had mine for about a week now. My tastebuds are off, but mostly when I'm not eating. My food tastes fine, but I get weird aftertastes when I'm done.

Scraping and brushing has helped, but not made it go away completely. What is with this weird green tongue?
|

replied April 8th, 2012
Just curious if anyone is a veterinarian?
|
12 >>