Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Pain in right side around ribs and back

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
I have been having pain in my right side for about a month and a half. It seems to float around under my lowest rib and sometimes radiates around to the back. It is a diffuse, stubborn pain. I wonder if that is the location of my liver? Or what this pain could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Could be gall stones. Could be kidney stones. I had similar pain, and vomitting. I was diagnosed with a kidney stone and was told I would pass it. Which I never did. Go to the doc if it's getting worse or if you really want to know what it is. Gall stones I believe will get worse and have to be surgically removed. You should pass a kidney stone.
|

replied February 5th, 2006
Do kidney failure cause any pain on back.Pls answer me.Thank u!
|

replied February 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Kidney failure would cause a whole array of symptoms like decreased urination, abnormal urine values and beacuse the kidneys are vital in so many other oragans you would be having systematic symptoms including cardiovascular, integumentary, vascular the list goes on. The pain your talking about sounds like its refered pain. Are you having any other symtoms
|

replied February 11th, 2009
i have been suffering with abdominal bloating
my tummy by the end of the day is completely bloated that my waist disappears i also find it hard to bend at times i have this little ache around my bellybutton and also sometimes a nagging pain in my side i had the camera down my tummy last week and my tummy is normal any ideas?
|

replied May 28th, 2009
scared and confused
hi im only 18 and im having a terrible pain on my left side where my kidney is. i dont know what it is. im scared to go docs. da pain is very bad. comes and goes.pls help!
|

replied December 19th, 2010
Burning pain
I'm having a burning pain from my lower right rib down my upper right hip,and down my right leg,I have this burning every day what should I do.
|