Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pain Started Under Right Rib- Now Also In Left...

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Have been through a # of tests... Hida scan was normal... No stones with ultrasound only a small polyp. Just had a cat-scan & have not gotten results yet. Have a endoscopy & colonscopy next monday. What is strange, the pain started under my right rib...With what the doc's think was a galldbladder attack, but now underneath my left rib is aching & sometimes in between both ribs. Underneath the right rib still hurts the most & pains goes into my back, but now the left? Anyone else had this happen?
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Absolutely my friend I am experiencing the same thing right now the only difference is that I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago, like your self I too have been through numerous test. Every test comes back negative. My self I am trying a new doctor next week.

4 years ago when I had my gallbladder remove my symptoms were just about the same. Every test came back normal finally when I had to goto the hospital the decision was made to remove my gallbladder and low and behold test run on my gallbladder after surgery showed that it was indeed bad.

Hang in there and keep me updated and if you are not happy with your current doctor do not be afraid to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Endsweep
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 5th, 2005
Thanks for the reply endsweep. Most everything i've read online says right sided pain. No one ever mentions the pain can radiate to the left side as well...

Thanks again
|

replied March 5th, 2005
Almost forgot to mention. I have heard of sphincter odi (sp?) dysfunction. I've heard that can cause similar pain as the gallbladder pain. The surgeon i've talked to will check that when he removes the gallbladder, to make sure he does not have to go back in later to fix it...Or something to that effect...
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Anonymous
Pain Under Right Rib
Consider liver cyst. While they usually do not cause any symptoms women over 50 can experience some pain. Start with ultra sound.
|

replied November 11th, 2005
Anonymous
Re: Pain Started Under Right Rib- Now Also In Left...
I have been having the same thing.....Have you learned anything new since this posting? I tried doing a gallbladder cleanse (drinking olive oil and lemon juice) to treat the pain under my right rib, and unfortunately threw a lot of it up. Now I have pain under both ribs (and some back pain)! I'd love to hear if you know what it is yet.

anonymous wrote:
have been through a # of tests... Hida scan was normal... No stones with ultrasound only a small polyp. Just had a cat-scan & have not gotten results yet. Have a endoscopy & colonscopy next monday. What is strange, the pain started under my right rib...With what the doc's think was a galldbladder attack, but now underneath my left rib is aching & sometimes in between both ribs. Underneath the right rib still hurts the most & pains goes into my back, but now the left? Anyone else had this happen?
|

replied November 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi i'm the original poster of this message. I had gallbladder surgery back on april 6th. It was diseased. Had inflammation & adhesion's all over it & cholesterol polyps on the inside of it.

Hope you figure things out soon.

Blue
|
Did you find this post helpful?