Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Scared (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm so scared and upset right now. I just needed somewhere I can talk without bothering my friends or anything. Well I might be pregnant, i'm not sure, i'm waiting a bit to take a test. Also my boyfriend of a year and a half told me last night that he just wanted to be friends. How can you be friends with someone you love so much. I miss him so bad, and i'm scared of whats going to happen if i'm pregnant.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Just breath and take each day as it comes. I'm sure that you'll have family and friends. Sometimes when in a relationship so young you can't have that relationship forever. You grow apart, and change. I've known my husband since I was 15....We were friends and didn't start a relationship till I was 17....We dated...It's been a long hard road for us and honestly if we wouldn't have gotten married almost 2 years ago...We probably wouldn't be together today. So much ahs cahnged between us it's just really had, but we work through it. Sometimes ppl do fall out of love and it's rather to happen now than when you're married and have a family and have to drag more than just you and your at the time hubby through it. I'm sure things will work out. You have friends nad us for your support system. :)
|

Experienced User
I know exactly what you are going through. My ex did the same thing to me. I unfortunately turned out to pregnant but I will love my baby more than anything. Guys are jerks. I am sorry this happened to you. Give him some space though because you should get some closure before you become friends. If you ever need to talk im me or pm me. Im: sftbllchika2006 for yahoo or hch hottie06 for aim.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I say dont worry about him. Easier said then done, huh? You might have a broken heart now, but youll get over it. Time will heal a broken heart. Theres always someone better out there, even if you dont want to believe it. If you do find out your pregnant, tell him, maybe it will change things. And if hes not man enough to deal with his responsibilities, why would you want him anyways? You can always get child support if he bails on you. Are you sure hes really really done with you? Or does he just need a break? If he doesnt have any reasoning, im sure youll get back together when he realizes what hes lost.
|

Experienced User
First of all. I am going to tell you like my mom told me along time ago. There is plenty of fish in the sea. That means that you will find another guy. It may not be soon but you will. I did and now I am so happy.

Second. If you are pregnant.You need to take a test or go to your doc. Also you need to tell your parents. And tell your ex-boyfriend. And then you can go from there. Then again you might not be pregnant.
|

Thanks so much guys. It's just really hard. We've been through so much, and he used to help me with really difficult problems I was going through. He hasn't said that he doesn't love me anymore or anything like that, he's pretty much said that he needs his space, and we should try just being friends, but I think that he's just saying that because he feels bad. Like we don't talk or anything, and I don't think we'd see each other much, which to me doesn't sound like being friends. It's just so hard, and everyone is like you'll move on and find someone new, but I don't want anyone but him right now. Does anyone have any advice on how to get over him quicker? Or is it pretty much time that will do that? Because i've been crying so hard for the past 2 days, and I don't want to get myself in a depression I can't get out of this time. Thanks so much for the help ladies. *hugz*
|

replied February 3rd, 2005
I dont know if it will work, but keep yourself busy as much as you can. If you just sit around and think about it, well its gunna hurt you. So focus your mind on something else. Go out with your friends as much as you can, and check out every hot guy you see, then youll be like hmm this isnt so bad, cause if one of them talks to you, you wont have anything to feel guilty about cause your a free girl. Them things always helped me when I was going through hard times with my boyfriend...

But these ones helped me the most out of ...Anything!!!!

Listen to avril!! Go buy or download "let go" and "under my skin" those are the 2 most incredible cd's I have ever heard!! And im sure you can relate to the things she sings about!! If you dont have money or a cd burner, I will burn them for you and send them to you!! Thats how much faith I have.

And write. Get a book and write down all your feelings, and everything you have and think inside your head. Sit all alone in a quite place, and just write your heart out. And then a month later when you go and read it, youll say "omg, I was so stupid" (thats what I always did) and next time you go through a break up, youll remember how you felt, and you can deal with it better.
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Thanks you guys. Pinkbaby, that all sounds like a really good idea, and I love most of avril's songs, I used to have her cd but someone stole it from me, and I can't afford to get any right now. I got a question (yes another one lol) do u get really hungrey if your pregnant?
|

Experienced User
Lol I gained 60lbs does that answer your question?
|

Yeah that sounds like a good answer lol. I was asking because i'm really hungry lately. I went from eating once maybe twice a day, and now I eat like four times lol.
|

Experienced User
When are you going to take a test and find out? When you do tell us please.
|

replied February 5th, 2005
I think im gunna take a test tomorrow. If I can get some time away from my dad and my friends. Does it matter if you buy an expenxive test, or one of the cheaper ones? Because I didn't get paid a lot today, and I don't want to spend most of it on a pregnancy test. I was also thinking of going to get a blood test, but i'll wait for that if i'm not sure about the hpt.
|

replied February 5th, 2005
I dont think it matters, luis had bought me a $22 dollar test with only 1 inside, and I had bought a $7 test with 2 inside, and they both did the same thing.

I didnt get hungry, actually, I didnt want to eat at all. Food made me in a bad mood, I never got sick, but when I would look at it or smell it, it would make me want to get sick, especially meat. I had to force myself to eat... Anything, accept rice and mashed potatoes, thats all I remember wanting.
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Does he know your having a pregnancy scare?
|

replied February 8th, 2005
He didn't know before but now he's kinda figured it out.
|

Well.... I took a pregnancy test today. It came out positive. What are the chances of getting a false positive? I'm scared. I don't know what to do, but i'm telling my ex now if he talks to me.
|

Experienced User
I don't think I have heard of somebody getting a false positive but I have heard of getting a false negative. Sents you got a positive you need to go to the doctor. And if you ex doesn't talk to you. Just telling him anyways. He can listen. If that doesn't work tell his parents because they need to know to.
|

Experienced User
Hey hun! It's rare getting false positive but if you want, you should try another test :) good luck with everything.. If you need to talk you can pm. By the way, I live in calgary too!
|

replied February 9th, 2005
Thanks you guys, i've also heard false positives are rare. I just told my ex now, I don't know how he's reacting. He said he's not going to tell me to keep it or not. I'm gunna take another test soon. Where abouts in calgary do you live girlstar? If you don't mind me asking lol.
|

replied February 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I live in the ne. I'm glad you told your ex. He'll come around soon enough. Where abouts do you live in calgary? :) are you happy about the pregnancy?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply