Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pain In Left Side (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have this pain in my left side, sorta of on my back. When I breath heavy or when I yawn it hurts extremely bad. It hurts when its cold outside. Should I be worried about this? Could this be my appendix? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Roniskittles7
|

replied February 3rd, 2005
Your appendix is on your lower right side. If the pain keeps up, would be a good idea to see your general doctor.
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Pain On Left Side And Lower Ab
I have bad pain on my left side more like a piercing pain at times and at other times it's like a cramp. I also have it at the lower ab. Sometimes I can put pressure to it, than I have gas, it's like I keep gas with it but it's all time a constant pain.
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Pain On Left Side And Lower Ab
I have bad pain on my left side more like a piercing pain at times and at other times it's like a cramp. I also have it at the lower ab. Sometimes I can put pressure to it, than I have gas, it's like I keep gas with it but it's all time a constant pain.
|

replied April 12th, 2005
Anonymous
Re: Pain In Left Side
roniskittles7 wrote:
i have this pain in my left side, sorta of on my back. When I breath heavy or when I yawn it hurts extremely bad. It hurts when its cold outside. Should I be worried about this? Could this be my appendix? Thank you!

i have the same pain have you figured out what it is?
|

replied April 13th, 2005
Re: Pain On Left Side And Lower Ab
anonymous wrote:
i have bad pain on my left side more like a piercing pain at times and at other times it's like a cramp. I also have it at the lower ab. Sometimes I can put pressure to it, than I have gas, it's like I keep gas with it but it's all time a constant pain.
|

replied May 12th, 2005
Anonymous
Left Side Pain
I too have been experiencing this pain for about a wk. Now. It is very painful & disrupting my life. Pain in is lower left side(at the bottom of my stomach)-feels like you need to pass gas, but doing that doesn't relieve the pain. I have had this in the past off & on (did endoscopy-no ulcer). Dr. Said maybe it was a virus? Anyway it seems to hurt more when I have a few alcoholic drinks. I am scheduling a colonoscopy, as colon cancer runs in the family. Maybe you should consider getting one as well? Good luck to the both of us!
|

replied May 17th, 2005
Go to the hospital afetr your done playin poker, yoooo righ toff the rof !
|

replied May 19th, 2005
Re: Pain In Left Side
roniskittles7 wrote:
i have this pain in my left side, sorta of on my back. When I breath heavy or when I yawn it hurts extremely bad. It hurts when its cold outside. Should I be worried about this? Could this be my appendix? Thank you!

yes actually it could be your appendix. I was just recently diagnosed with crohn's disease and I have pain on both sides. My right side pain is caused by my gall bladder and my left side pain is caused by my appendix because my appendix and my bowels are on the wrong side of my body.
|

replied January 14th, 2006
anonymous wrote:
i have bad pain on my left side more like a piercing pain at times and at other times it's like a cramp. I also have it at the lower ab. Sometimes I can put pressure to it, than I have gas, it's like I keep gas with it but it's all time a constant pain.
|

replied January 15th, 2006
My friend had the same exact thing. It was an air pocket traped. Basicly there was a small rupture in his lungs.

I saw above a person said it felt like gas traped.

My friend went to the hospitol and had a doctor release the air via needle.

If you guys have this pain please go to the doc, and please post back!
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
anonymous wrote:
|

replied March 8th, 2006
That sounds exactly like the symptoms that I have been experiancing the past 2 days. I an 15 years old female and I am really worried. I don't know if I should go to the doctor yet or if I should just wait and see if it gets better.
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I've had pain under my left rib cage for a long time....I've had 2 endoscopies, a colonoscopy, an abdominal ultrasound, and an abdominal cat scan. All normal, except they discovered that I have a little acid reflux, which could be causing the sharp pain just under the left rib cage. He said it could also be a spasming of my colon and prescribed hyoscyamine.
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Anonymous
Pain In Leftside.
Hiya! I'm a 24 year old female. For the last 2 or three years i've been getting a really irritating pain in myleft side. Kind of just under the rib cage, and alittle in the back. It comes and goes but I can't seem to find anything that makes it worse or better. I get it a lot if i'm sitting in lectures or am a little stressed or irritated. I also have diabetes so am really worried it could be a complication of that. My doctor just sais it is probably constipation or a posture thing but I know it isn't. I'm really pleased that other people experience the same symptoms and are able to give me advise. Please, what should I do? It feels like maybe there is something trapped there that shouldn't be. It's definately gotten worse over the years and I don't think its right for us to have to put up with it. The only problem is, I have to see the doctor about so much other stuff, he seems unconcerned about this and I don't want to seem ike a hypocondriach since it is seen as not being as serious as my diabetic controll etc. Sorry to blab on for ages! X :(
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Hi there guest.... Tell your doctor that you feel that the pain is worsening, and see if he can order you an abdominal ultrasound to rule out mass. I still have the pain every now and then. But, I have not been taking my anti-acids. I'm going to start that soon, I am in the process of making a schedule for my medications and I will post if I am feeling relief with the prilosec. Have a good day =)
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Anonymous
Re
Heya. Thanks for the reply. I've been surfing all over and it seems there are so many people with these kind of symptoms. The doctor put me on lisinopril a few weeks ago as he said it will help with my retinopathy and that I could possibly be leaking protein through my kidneys. They are meant also to lower blood pressure so I really hate them as my blood pressure is low enough already and I keep feeling dizzy when I get up and stuff. Got an appointment on tuesday and will definately tell him all about this. I think it has done me good to actually accept that it is another go dam problem and that it probably can be sorted. I just don't want to go an any more medication if I can help it. What with my insulin injections, lisinopril and more recently, citalopram for depression. I'm only young, its so depressing to think that i'd just die without them. Better go, i'm getting all serious again now. Good luck
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hello! Excuse yourself, go to the bathroom or outside and let it out, don't hold it in, do you have regular bowel movents, you might be contipated, check with the dr because I am not one myself, you might have a pulled muscle, it could be a lot of things but your 1st step is going to the dr if you cannot figure out or treat your own situations.
Good luck!
Keep us posted on what you find out!
|

replied March 14th, 2006
anonymous wrote:
|

replied March 14th, 2006
I get this sarpe pain on my leftside just under my ribcage it comes and goes . I don't know what I should do
|