Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

*what Days Can I Have Sex, On Tri-cyclen Pills?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hello,

im on tri-cyclen pills, and there are 4 weeks of pills. The first week is the lightest dose, the second week is the medium dose, the third week is the heaviest dose, and the last week is sugar pills. I honestly don't know what days I can have sex on. Like, are you supposed to only have sex on the first week? The middle week? Your period (eww) lol. Like, I don't know waht days are safe to have sex on, where I won't get pregnant. Does the heaviest dose of birth control stuff, mean ur the safest on that week? Does birth control stop u ovulating completely, so its safe to have sex on any day? I know I might sound totally stupid, but im just really uneducated lol. Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeezzz help!

Thanx so much,
betty boop
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2003
Have as much sex as you want, any day, every day, every hour, the pill will protect you! Have fun!!!!
|

Are You 100% Sure?
Thanx for a reply! I know I might sound totally dumb in asking u this, but are you 100% sure that you can have sex any time on the pill? Like there's no week (ie closer to ur period), that will raise effectiveness? Is the point of the pill that you never ever ovulate? Lol I don't know the most basic of answers, im just on the pill so I don't get pregnant. Thanx for helping me out!

-betty boop Embarassed
|

Experienced User
As long as you are consistent with taking your pills every day at the same time, you are fine to have sex whenever you want on the pill.

It is recommended that when you first start them, you use another form of birth control for backup to make sure the pills are in your system.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been on the pill for over a year, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet:)
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski