Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Yeast Inf & Abdominal Pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Has anyone ever been diagnosed with having a yeast infection. But, I also have some abdominal discomfort and gas. Has anyone else experienced this before???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2005
Maybe a Uti?
Texan,
last year I had my first uti, this could be your problem. I didn't have any itching/burning when I used the bathroom, but that is common. I constantly felt like I needed to pee, but when I tried, I couldn't or not much anyways. I had a bad cramping, almost felt like period cramps but to one side. I felt awful and finally went to the infirmary (i'm in college). It was a uti, so they gave me some medicine that clears it up in like a week. Also, drinking lots of cranberry juice will releave some of the pain (if it is a uti anyways). Hope this might help!

-ashley
|

replied February 10th, 2005
Yes, I have been there. Its what u eat thats making u develope this keep note on what u eat and drink. Whatever gives u this stay clear from.
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Uti/yeast Infection
I had a uti when I was 15 years old. It sucked, but the funny thing is I don't remember how I felt. Sunday night I had bad bad pains in my lower stomach and pelvic region....I couldnt suck in, sit down or bedn over. It hurt so bad. I also had the gas you mentioned. As of saturday morning, I had to pee all the time, and it kinda hurt sometimes. I felt like I had to pee and then I couldnt sometimes too. I've been tired and nauseous too. I had a really hard time sleeping. If it keeps up through thursday morning im going to go the docs office and get myself checked out.

Anyways---i read somewhere(dont remember where, might have been the docs office), but if you drink milk you are 6 times less likely to have a uti/yeast infection but----you are 6 times more like to have a uti/yeast infection if you get eaten out. Just some info---dont take it as truth, im not 100% sure on that, but yeah.

Anyways, yeah---drink tons of water and cranberry juice.
|

replied February 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Yeah, i've been oh so fortunate to have experienced both of these problems more than once! If you have a yeast infection you will be very itchy and have a thick-like white discharge. If you have a uti you will have urges to go to the bathroom, but probably just trickle a little - there is never as much in there as you think there is going to be. Whenever I have had a uti it burns pretty bad to pee as well. If it doesn't get treated it can move to your kidneys and cause a kidney infection which is painful. You would have bad low back pain. Best thing to do is go to the doctor. You'll pee in a cup and they'll know something in about a half hour or so. If you're thinking it's a yeast infection, they'd have to take a vaginal sample to test.

Good luck to you hun!!
|

replied February 22nd, 2005
Hey
i have yaest infections almost everytime I get off my period!! It comes and goes and the only thing to do about it is the oral medication (well that is the only thing that works for me) there is also this thing called bacterial infection!!! There really gross!!! You can check into that!!!
Angela
|