Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

New Finding Echogenic Bowel On U/s

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Okay well finally what I have been waiting for might be my worst nightmare.............. To make a long story short the doctors office just called with the results from the u/s on tues the 21st of jan. And she said they found something called echogenic bowel. Well to make a long story short. They said it is a possibility that the baby has type 4 downs. Or the baby just could have swallowed blood at the begining of my preg. Which this would be normal. The other stuff would be systic fibrosis (sp)? I wont know anything else about it until thur. When I go back to talk to the doc
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2005
Community Volunteer
Oh boy..... I don't know what to say.... All I can do is pray for you guys and hope for the best....

I found this online:
"what are the chances that my baby will be healthy?

There is a 53% to 85% chance that everything is fine."

go check this out.

Sending hugs your way!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey tanya. I'm so sorry about the news. Nothing is def yet so that's good. I will be praying for shyanne. Ttys. Take care.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
oh boy..... I don't know what to say.... All I can do is pray for you guys and hope for the best....

I found this online:
"what are the chances that my baby will be healthy?

There is a 53% to 85% chance that everything is fine."

Mommyguide.Com/modules.Php?Op=modload&name =news&file=article&sid=57

go check this out.

Sending hugs your way!!!!

the only thing that bugs me is im to far along to get the amnio thing done.. So I wont know what the next step is until I see the doc. Hopefully it is nothing and she just swallowed blood I hope and pray
|

Experienced User
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope everything will be fine.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Thank you everyone. I just hope everything will be okay and that she is fine........ I dnot know what I would do with out all of you to talk to. Im sitting here so stressed out right now. I could pull all my hair out
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm so sorry to hear about your news tazzy!! Just keep praying that it's not the worst....I couldn't imagine how stressed you feel right now....Good luck hun!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
brianbaby wrote:
i'm so sorry to hear about your news tazzy!! Just keep praying that it's not the worst....I couldn't imagine how stressed you feel right now....Good luck hun!

thank you but right about now the word stress is no longer in my vocab. Im beyond that
|

Experienced User
Tazzy.. Don't worry. Everything will be ok!!!

P.S. Don't pull out your hair...It's too beautiful :)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Tazzy, sami was supposed to be severely retarded.. Hah what a crock! Ill be praying that we can laugh together about how dumb docs can be!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey tanya for whatever reason I can't get that link to work. So, if you go to yahoo search it's the first one that pops up. It says untitled document. It's a website by kaiser. Very good info. I hope you can find it. Sign in!!!! I was trying to im you the info. Lol
|