Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

My Period Is 4 Days Late!! Help!! (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi guys, I am new here. So bare with me.

First, I have 30-days cycle. And I was suppose due on jan.26, thus I am late 4 days. I took one test on jan 25 and one on jan 27, both negative.

However, I had all the symptoms like cramp, nausea, a little sickness, sore and swollen breasts started yesterday, and also constipation in which might cause my belly a little bigger than normal cuz I dont poo-poo regularly.
I had sex with my bf ( on jan 15 and 21, I ovulate on the 12) using the condoms at first, but then he didn't like it. So he took it off, and then he use the pull-out method. But we have been using the pull-out method for a year, he ejacutes about 3-4 secs after he pull out.
Oh yea I also have late-period history. On sept 2004, my period was late for a week because I just transfer to a 4-year college. And it was late for 3 days in nov 2004 because of final. Would it be a reason ??
So I am just wondering if I could be pregnant or not!! Help!!
I am going to take another test in the morning *fingers corss*
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hot27lover
|

replied January 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi, do you want to be pregnant?
Im just gonna answer as I read...

Four days late isnt really "late" id wait another couple of days.
Your symptons sound liek period symptons.. Though I havent had a period in 8 months.. Im not sure exactly what they are any more. (35 weeks preg)
how sure are you that you ovulate on the 12th? Because althoguh sperm can live for a few days, the egg dosent live that long.
The pull-out method, is not a method. There is sperm in pre-cum.
Your late period history, sounds liek it could have been stress under the circumstances.
Have you been stressed latley?
Also, thinking and worrying that your pregnant, can delay your period.

There is a possibility you could be pregnant.
Id wait another couple of days till you re-test though.

Hope that helps :)
|

replied May 19th, 2011
yes i am feaking out too i been with my boyfriend for 6years and we went to the drs and they told him he cant have kids so we dont wear condoms. a few times in the past i have been late on my period but now i am about 4 days late and only one of my boobs hurt but i always feel like throwing up yet i dont .. i took a test and it said i wasnt . i have been stressing about starting my period im gonna try to relax and hope i start any day now .. !
|

No, I am not trying to get pregreant. I am under a fair amount of stress, taking 5 classes and work... :shock: and I took another pg test, came out negative...So I mite just wait for a few days to see...Otherwise , I will go get an blood test done.

Thank you for your reply!
|

Oh yea , one more thing. I would experience swollen breasts and cramp and some nausea a couple days before my period is due everytime. So would those period symptom be similar to pregant symptom? Or they are similar in some way?? Or would stress cause those symptoms also?

Also.. This time, my breasts is very swollen...Is it something I should be worry about??
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
idk
well im under the same boat im a 28 day cycle and ijm four days late im 18 but idk what tot do all my test have came back negative what could it be?
|

replied January 26th, 2009
I'm 4 days late as well.
I had my last monthly 12/25/08 and I would have started again on 1/22/09. Here it is the 26th. My breasts are very tender and I do have some bloating. I did wake up last night and I had a burning sensation I guess in the throat almost like I had to be sick. (can't really describe it) I was not sick. I track my monthly and my cycle is 28 days. I have never taken birth control pills. My fiance and I do not use condoms because it's uncomfortable for me. I do not recall stressing over anything here lately.My period has never been this late. The latest was only 1 or 2 days.

Has anyone had this before? If so, what were the circumstances? Pregnancy? Late period?
|

replied February 12th, 2009
am i prego?
Muffles,
I am having the same exact symptoms as you, and I have been having the burning sensation in my throat, and I kinda feel like I have heartburn to. I have also been throwing up a little bit in my mouth... I havent had sex in about a month and 1/2, but I am 5 days late and having the same symptoms. Did you find out if you are pregnant? I am starting to feel like my stomach is getting bigger as well!
|

replied February 15th, 2009
Can I be pregnant?
I read that you have a very small chance of getting pregnant 1 to 4 days before your period. However, I was suppose to get my period on 02/12/09, me and my bf made love 02/09/09 - 02/11/09 and on the 12th I put on a tampon expecting my period instead all I got was a little red & a little brown on the tampon. The next day all I got was pinkish spots as I wiped that's all. Then the next day there was nothing at all. I always flow heavy the first 3 days of my period then it's lighter on the last two days. Can I be pregnant?
|

replied February 16th, 2009
can i be pregnant
can any one help! i am normally a 28 day cycle am meant to be due on the 18/2/08 but on the 13th i had pale pink discharge and it lasted for 2 days and now am getting brownish discharge only when i wipe could this be my period or could i be pregnant
|

replied April 16th, 2009
4 days late.
basically. me and my boyfriend have had sex 10 times this month. 5 in 1 day and then 4 another day and 1nce beofre any of these previous days. i have been overly tired, i have been thrwing up after foods i like and at randomest times, my boobs- i cant explain the pain, the nippples turend a funny dark green colour and they are immensly in pain and so are the area around my nipples, i have seemed to be having mood swings. worried because also been constipated and im getting weird feelings in my tummy and always bloated. could i be pregnant ? please someone say what u think this could be x
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2009
four days late n light bleeding for 3 days!!
Hello,
Ok well Im 17 so I dont know too much about this...my period was 4 days late but when I did start to bleed it was light and only lasted 3 days.My periods usually last 7-8 days and are never light.

Me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex the estimated day of my conception and he ejaculated inside of me twice.What are the chances that I am pregnant?
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
im also 4 days late now.. the computer says 5.
well i counted that i was 4 days late. but the computer counted i was 5.. i had a one day period thing on the 29th of march. i was suppose to have my period on the 15th of march but i didnt i have been under some stress. my best friend/ brother died march 15th so i dont kno what to do i took 2 preg test one on april 7th and the other on the 23rd of april... and both negative so i waited until the 29th to see if id get a period and i did not... im worried i might be pregnant but dont kno. my stomach hurts its cramps a lot. my breast are swollen but dont hurt to bad i can handle pain well. i get nauseyated a lot but it comes and goes. i dont throw up thing. i dont like certain foods anymore. got to go to the restroom almost every hour. i have massive back and migraines a lot now. my ex and i have used unprotected sex more than once. i had sex about 15 times in one month. 3 times in one day and then the rest spread out. i feel very fat... some of my jeans i cant fit very well anymore im worried i could possibly be pregnant but i dont want my mom to know just yet. if u could give me some advice please... my name is amanda
|

replied March 21st, 2012
pregnancy
Hello Amanda. My period is 9 days late. I had sex 2 months ago. I don't think I'm pregnant. We always use condoms. Having sex without protection sounds as a bad idea + you shocked me when you said that you have sex like 15 times a month. That can be dangerous if you don't use any protection.
|

replied May 4th, 2009
I dont know wats up with me i am 3days late
hi i really need some help, i ssem to ba late with my period and i dont know wat rong, i took a preg test las nite which came out negative, i am very regular with my period. i got it on the 29/01/09, 01/03/09( this was for feb since itw as a short month), 01/04/09 and now on the 29/04/09 my bf fingered me and i bled a lil i tort it was my period but stoped bleeding, and again on the 02/05/09 he fingered me again and i bled but only for that nite. i didnt get ne pains or anything, no breast pains, or perios symtoms. on the 13/04/09 i had sex with him in the begining he didnt put o condom on. but did b4 he cud cum so he never came in me. and den again on the 26/04 we had sex but with a condom all the way. please help me understand wat could be rong. im so scared Sad
|

replied May 19th, 2009
Experienced User
loversnfriends
Firstly im so so sorry for your loss it may well be the stress of your grief,secondly you need to take another test now if you havent allready as tests can take a while for some people (That means me!) hehe.I was 4 weeks pregnant before i got a positive test even though i had done two earlier ones grrrr good luck with everything i hope your doing ok Smile
|

replied May 26th, 2009
4 days late and on the pill
I am 4 days late and on the pill and i was wondering if this is just normal. My boyfriend and i are always having unprotected sex. I was suppose to get my period after this birth control pack was finnished but its not here yet. ( been regular since i started on the pill )I am having cramping and my nipples hurt like a !**@! I was told i cannot have children so im thinking im not pregnant i just wanted someone eles'es opinon on it. Thanks a ton.
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Experienced User
Yes you maybe
i realise that being told you cant have children would make anyone think oh no im not pregnant BUT doctors are only human and they do get things wrong so there is every chance you are infact pregnant and no period is a big sign although it could be many other things causeing it too.Have you ever missed a pill??? if you have missed a pill then the chances of you being pregnant become alot more likely if you havent then it could be something else causing you to miss your period.I would now buy a test as soon as possible and visit your doctor too just to be safe and dont take any more pills until you know as taking the pill whilst pregnant isnt good for the baby good luck Smile
|

replied May 31st, 2009
am i pregnant
i am 4 days late coming on my period when i did come on 2day i had a mixture of red and brown blood. i had sex last night and was nearly sick while having sex we don't use a comdom as we r trying 4 a baby pregnancy test at doctors an the 26.5.09 was negative but i have been having stomach craps which i never have before or during a period can i be pregnant or not?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
am i prego?
iv been thinking that my boi and i cant have kids hes been nutting me for the past year and a half and nothing..... but for the first time im late but not feeling any diffrent than i have been feeling?? im thinking bout taking a test but i dont wanna be dissapointed... what should i do??
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
Re: am i prego?
crybaby4life wrote:
iv been thinking that my boi and i cant have kids hes been nutting me for the past year and a half and nothing..... but for the first time im late but not feeling any diffrent than i have been feeling?? im thinking bout taking a test but i dont wanna be dissapointed... what should i do??

I know the feeling I am 6 days late and I am afraid of getting a pregnancy test done and for it to be neg.. We have been trying to have a baby for a year without success. So know I wonder the same thing. Rolling Eyes But I think that you should have the test done. I will do it tomorrow morning and I will be crossing my fingers. Shocked
|

replied September 20th, 2011
want to get pregnant, but can't
Me and my husband had the same problem with our first child, I was told I could not have babies and I really wanted one we tried daily for a year and a half...without success. We finally decided to quit trying, as I was told the more you stress over getting pregnant the harder it is to actually get pregnant. So we stopped trying..3 weeks later I was pregnant with my beautiful baby girl...5 years old now..hope this helped..
|

replied June 17th, 2009
Late period
Hii guys

I need your helpp
Me and my bf had sex a couple of times this month but i know that he didnt cum in me cause he pulls out 10min or so before he ejaculates and i see his cum soo i guess im safe of not getting pregnant but still im worried. I am late by 1 day and i have irregular periods, but i have severe belly aches and my nipples hurt

Could it be im pregnant or just period symtoms?
|