Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Face Lift Recovery

I need to know if anyone here has/is experiencing the same results as me..I had a "mini" face lift" jowls, neck etc..Except for forehead..It has been 9 wks...Under my chin it is still very hard and the muscle is still swollen....Also when I open my mouth wide, my left side of the mouth tends to droop..Dr says all normal...Massage areas....It takes time..I just need some re-assurance that this is normal....Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2009
asymmetrical mouth after surgery
I am not quite two weeks out from a neck lift. I am happy so far with everything except my mouth. One side (the first, tighter side) of my mouth is tight, and my lower lip on that side makes my smile and laugh VERY asymmetrical. At the one-week check-up I was assured that it would "relax." I am doing hot and cold compresses and massage. I can see little results after 6 days of this treatment. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be massaging the lip area as well as the jawbone and cheek area? Any other suggestions? Will it go away? They say the surgery was not deep enough to have caused damage, and I have movement in the lip except I cannot "make" the lower lip go lower when I laugh. HELP!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal