Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Not a Normal Period, Could I Be Pregnant?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I live with my boyfriend, I just moved here, and its a big city, so I cant really just go get a pg test to see if I am or not,

but im 4 days late with my period, and yesterday and today I had cramps (which is unusual) usually I have cramps about my second day into my period, ive never had them before the period. And this morning, I had a spot of blood in my panties (ive never spotted before) and so I put a pad on, incase it was my period, and when I woke up from sleeping, I had a little more blood on the pad.

This is not unusual. I have extremely heavy periods, this is the lightest ive ever bled in the 13 years ive beenhaving periods.

I also have been feeling sick to my stomach for the past week or so, my breasts are extremely tender, which ive never experienced either.

Its so weird, does it sound like it? Cause like I said, ive never had spotting before, breast tenderness or sickness around a period, or cramps before a period.

Ive never been around anyone pregnant before either, so I really dont know what the symptoms are, or what it could be like.

I did a calculator on a website, and it said if I am pregnant, id be 4 weeks and 4 days, or something like that.

Just curious. Sorry for typing so much. Im just so nervous about knowing.

- oh so confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ohsoconfused
|

replied January 31st, 2005
All of the symptoms your experiencing could be signs of pregnancy, implantation spotting etc but they could have other explanations as well I guess. I had always been fairly regular and quite heavy as well and then all of sudden some strange things started to happen like just spotting light pink or brown when I was supposed to have my period. I thought/hoped I was pregnant but it turned out I have cysts on my ovaries. So if things are going on that are not normal and you find out that your not pregnant make sure you go and have a check up to find out why it's happening.

Hope everything works out the way you want it to :)
|

cian77 wrote:
all of the symptoms your experiencing could be signs of pregnancy, implantation spotting etc but they could have other explanations as well I guess. I had always been fairly regular and quite heavy as well and then all of sudden some strange things started to happen like just spotting light pink or brown when I was supposed to have my period. I thought/hoped I was pregnant but it turned out I have cysts on my ovaries. So if things are going on that are not normal and you find out that your not pregnant make sure you go and have a check up to find out why it's happening.

Hope everything works out the way you want it to :)

well, ive had cysts before.. So I know what thats like, and its not that way.
Like, its weird.
I feel pregnant, but what happened after the spotting was, my period got real heavy for half a day, then the other half it was very light, then it got heavey again, then light. Then my period was over.. Yet this morning I woke up and went to the bathroom, and when I wiped there was a lot of blood clots (not to sound gross) but since then I havent had any bleeding at all.
Its so weird.. And my body just doesnt feel right. But I know its not a cyst..

And I guess you cant have a regular period and be pregnant, right?

- confused
|

Experienced User
Yes you can still have periods while you are pregnant. At least some women do. I know that one of my aunts had a period for a few monthes when she was pregnant with my cousin. But you still need to take a test or go to a doctor to make sure.

I would like to know something. Did you never have like a sharp pain or something like needles sticking your side when you had cyst. I was just wondering. Because a cousin of my was asking me and I didn't know what to tell her.
|

replied February 1st, 2005
I agree. It's not very commmon but it does happen. My grandmother had her "periods" for 4 mths when she was pregnant with my uncle and my cousin had hers for 6 when she was pregnant with her first daughter. She was 16 and in denial that she was pregnant for a long time because of that.
Not trying to get your hopes up too high but it does happen.
|