Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Honest Opinions (no Calling Names) (Page 1)

What would you want a 24 year old crackhead, who just got pregnant, and doesn't want to give the baby up for adoption, and doesn't want to keep the child because she can't quit smoking crack, and her other 5 kids are in foster care because of her drug addiction, and shes smoking crack while shes pregnant? I want honest answers.. I want to see pro-lifers and pro-choicers tell me what they think, without being mean to each other.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 28th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Doesn't matter what she wants to do because the state can step in and take the child away from her and sever her parental rights...So if she wants to keep it or not after it's born, if she's doing drugs it's really not much her choice.

I don't think the baby should have to die because of her actions. Not all "crack babies" are born with severe impairments...And even if the child will be born with problems it doesn't deserve to die. Should she abort? Nope....Why should the baby die because of her mistakes? And if the baby should die from drug related problems after birth...She should be prosecuted for the death of that child.
|

The baby should be taken from her at birth.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Why would she neither want to give it up for adoption, and not want to keep it....???
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh geez, sounds like my girl rachel, and yes, her kids were taken away, staying with her mother or the child's father. She is pregnant agian and forced to enter rehab, now please tell me, is it such a bad thing having to go to rehab ? :roll:
|

Extremely eHealthy
She could have an abortion if she so choses. It is not anybody else's business what she does with the embryo or fetus.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
steen wrote:
she could have an abortion if she so choses. It is not anybody else's business what she does with the embryo or fetus.

::sigh:: yes, we all know she could have an abortion if she wants to......Her choice, not my buisiness...Yada yada yada.....Does it still make it right?? ::sigh::
|

Extremely eHealthy
Brian, I thought the idea of this tread was to state opinions without the fights?
|

<<<doesn't matter what she wants to do because the state can step in and take the child away from her and sever her parental rights...So if she wants to keep it or not after it's born, if she's doing drugs it's really not much her choice. >>>>

yeah, thats if they find out shes a crackhead. Remember that crackheads don't go to their doctors appointments.

I was asking because my bestfriends, sisters, bestfriend (did you get that?) has 4 kids, and 2 of them have already been raped and molested at 8 because her moms a crack addict.

So you guys are saying even if the woman is a crackhead, doesn't care about this pregnancy but is still going to go through with it, while on crack, while her other kids are being raped and molested. You'd want her to go through it anyways because it would be better for the "baby?"

obviously the state hasn't taken her kids..So don't use "she should get her kids taken away."
|

<<<she should not get an abortion and I believe this because of exactly what mom2trevor stated. The baby should not be punished because of the crackhead mother>>>

well, don't you think her other kids, and the unborn fetus are being punished anyways?

If fetuses actually knew what was going on, and I was a fetus in a crackheads stomach, i'd abort myself.

<<<does it still make it right?? ::sigh::>>>

you're right, its not right....For you. But for someone else it may be right.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
kourtney08 wrote:
<<<doesn't matter what she wants to do because the state can step in and take the child away from her and sever her parental rights...So if she wants to keep it or not after it's born, if she's doing drugs it's really not much her choice. >>>>

yeah, thats if they find out shes a crackhead. Remember that crackheads don't go to their doctors appointments.

I was asking because my bestfriends, sisters, bestfriend (did you get that?) has 4 kids, and 2 of them have already been raped and molested at 8 because her moms a crack addict.

So you guys are saying even if the woman is a crackhead, doesn't care about this pregnancy but is still going to go through with it, while on crack, while her other kids are being raped and molested. You'd want her to go through it anyways because it would be better for the "baby?"

obviously the state hasn't taken her kids..So don't use "she should get her kids taken away."

i don't want to be rude or anything but why don't you call the state on her???
|

People have... A lot
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
And they haven't done anything???? When it comes to things like this I think court ordered sterilization should come into play. As for abortinmg the child she's carrying, who's to say she would even go to the appointment...
|

A crackhead would go to an appointment like that. Come on, she'll get some pills, and she wont have to a carry a child that'll probably come out with fas and addicted to crack.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Heres what I did, called cps! Those kids need help, im not trying to be a !**@!, but why are you so concerned about the fetus when the children are being raped, molested and probably beaten?
|

Extremely eHealthy
kourtney08 wrote:
a crackhead would go to an appointment like that. Come on, she'll get some pills, and she wont have to a carry a child that'll probably come out with fas and addicted to crack.

yep.. My mom aborted... The baby would have had fas and be a crackbaby also.. She almost aborted again after her second upp since me but was too far along.
|

<<<those kids need help, im not trying to be a health question, but why are you so concerned about the fetus when the children are being raped, molested and probably beaten? >>>

im already worried about the other children, and have been. The cops, and social services have been called on her. I don't know why she still has her kids. Im not the cops.

Thats not what we're talking about though. I asked a question..What would you want someone in that situation do?

Not that this makes it any better since shes a crackhead, but she doesn't beat her chilren. The kids were molested by the dads friends, and im sure they've been neglected a lot. I wish someone would take them..But they haven't. Im not going to sit at my house all day dwelling on it though, while I have a daughter to take care of. Atleast im doing a good job.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I called cps and within 72 hrs all 4 children were removed... They found crack in the house and now she's in rehab. Her child she's pregnant with will be given to her mother or the child's father (my future bil) will get custody
|

I live in a very small town in alaska. Things like that take forever here. This town is !**@!.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
With this so-called privacy act and he said, she said their are times that their isn't much where the state can always do something about this and there are times where people on crack can seem pretty normal. A large % of crack babies(post birth) never make it to be children, they live in a vegetative state. The state has there hands tied a lot of the times. First of all, the system needs to be changed, we cannot lock up all the druggies, molesters, abusers, neglectors, frauds, thiefs, etc.. In one town I lived in, we did not have police officers after 7:pm. With all of the cutbacks and all, it is heck. I work alot of extra time where I do not get paid, just to wrap up a case, or @ the hospital if we are busy and short handed. We need to keep an open-mind about abortion.
Sincerely,
sandy
|