Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Heartbeat In Left Ear--please Read (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hello, my name is ronni.

I have a condition known as pulsatile tinnitus. Any number of things can cause it, and it is not common. (as I have found that no cases are reported even in this forum!) it is my hope that someone will come looking , and may be able to give advice---i have yet to find out what causes my pt, but I have lived with it for a year now. I invite anyone interested to respond to this message, and I will give details of my experience.

To describe: pulsatile tinnitus is a sensation/audible pulse heard in one or both ears; sound of heart-beat in ear, especially at night or when under stress or exertion; causes are numerous, but most commonly seem to be related to sinus/middle ear problems (pressure in my case);also with high blood pressure, a "narrowing" of the carotid artery, or vein running too close to ear-drum. Less common, but still worrisome is a "glomous" or benign tumor growing on the auditory nerve.

In my case, I saw an ent many months ago, with very little information about pt. I am uninsured, and as he said, without an mri, none of the above causes can be ruled out. So he gave me a steroid shot and flonase and pronounced me cured. Guess what? It's back, and worse than ever!

If anyone is experiencing similar symptoms, or has any suggestions about alternative methods of treating this confounding condition (such as acupuncture and/or herbal treatments) I would be most appreciative. Just to commisserate with someone or "brainstorm" about possible causes would do me fine. Thanks for listening. (i'm glad I still can!)

peace, out- ronni
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Goldjud
|
Users who thank georgetheronni for this post: SKINDOGGS  lorenzomom 

replied February 9th, 2005
My Son Has Same Problem
Hi ronni, my 12 year old son, has the same thing you have. His is in left ear. Has had it since june 04. Went to ent, and after mri, sonagram, ear tests, cat scan. They say all tests are normal. And offered no explaination or suggestions. We are very disappointed. I was wondering, if you push on your neck, like taking pulse rate.. Does the noise stop? My sons does? He was very sick 9 months before he got this. Vomiting almost daily. And 2 years ago, got hit by a golf club at a putt putt, by another child. My wife says it didnt leave a bruise??

Have you had any trauma you can think of to that side of the neck that you are hearing the noises? I going to try another ent for children? Hope they have some answers.. Did see on the net. That 2 people wrote about having surgery, blocking off the jugular vein. Thus stopping the noise. But causes headaches for a week. And numbness in the jaw on the side that was blocked for 3 to 4 months. Sounds dangerous to me?

Good luck. Hope we can both fiqure how to fix this annoying problem. Jim.
|
Users who thank whaledriver for this post: SKINDOGGS 

replied November 1st, 2011
Dentist!!
I had the same thing. Hearing the heart beat in the ear, I was going nuts ! Well no one could give me an answer. Well one day I went to get my wisdom teeth checked so I can get
Them pulled. Well the dentist told me there is an infection from my wisdom teeth. And it was right on a nerve that goes to my ear or something. So I asked
If that's why I had been hearing this heart beat? And yup, I guess 90% of ear problems are to do with your teeth . So ask your dentist about your ears lol. Cause my
Problem is gone . Hope this helps
|

replied December 18th, 2011
Mine was muscular
I've had similar ear problems in both ears on and off for the past few years. Sometimes i can hear my heartbeat and sometimes i hear myself talking out of that ear (if that makes sense). I also have sinus problems and neck problems, and headaches related to both.
I have found that the underlying reason behind almost all of these problems, other than sinuses, is muscular. The muscles and tendons in my neck get very tight when i am stressed, as does my jaw. Sometimes the problems happen afetr i've been working out, if i'm not keeping my posture correct or am clenching my jaw. It also happens if i chew gum for an extended preiod. I went to physical therapy on a recommendation from my orthopedist and have been able to rid myself of almost all my symptoms.
Good luck! And remember to sit up straight and relax!!
|

replied January 18th, 2012
Heart beat sound in ear
I'm having the heartbeat sound in my right ear and I've been extra stressed plus I need a massage. I usually get therapeutic massages every month but haven't had one in 4 mos. I had the jaw clicking thing but that went away and the heartbeat sound in my rt ear comes and goes. So I'm pretty sure massage will help loosen the neck muscles to relieve the problem.
|

replied February 5th, 2012
This can be cured by unstrangulating the blood flow to your brain by simply shifting the muscles in your head, side head and four head up. You have been strangulating the veins that pump blood into your head caused by gravity. You must work against gravity on this one and shift muscles up and smile while letting it go.
|

replied February 25th, 2012
hi ive got a heartbeat in my left ear been there about 4 days went to A.E my BP was quite high and my heart seemed to be missing a beat but when was on ECG they said it was ok im on lisinaprol already been to my doctors he gave me propranolo 40mg 3 times aday , ive had a trapped nerve in my neck left side for 12 months orso and it affects all my face and brow and sometimes gives me a headache and i feel sickly ive had a MRI scan 6 months ago and a angiegram but came back clear and to make matters worse ive got spontilousis feels like someone standing on my shoulders all the time i can cope with everything else its the heartbeat in my ears i dont like
|

This can be cured by unstrangulating the blood flow to your brain by simply shifting the muscles in your head, side head and four head up. You have been strangulating the veins that pump blood into your head caused by gravity. You must work against gravity on this one and shift muscles up and smile while letting it go.
|

replied July 5th, 2012
Help!
Hey anthony...did u mean that one should do the yoga and invert oneself upright down so that the flow increases to the head..?
|

replied January 3rd, 2012
Hello whaledriver,
I have the the same exact problem. It stops when I push on my neck. Did you ever receive any solutions or tips you van give me? The doctor was not really helpful and I just want to noise to go away.
Thanks for your post!
|

replied July 25th, 2012
Your son was vomiting profusely? Maybe he screwed up a vein like this guy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte nt/article/2009/07/06/AR2009070602919.html

It's about a lawyer that had a wooshing sound that was driving him crazy and none of the ENT's helped. Come to find out he damaged a vein when vomiting!
|

replied August 9th, 2012
Heart beat in right ear
I have the same problem with the heart beat in right ear and it is very difficult to sleep. I thought I may have something seriously wrong after looking at a number of blogs on this. I went to see my doctor today and she noticed tiny bubbles on my ear drum and an opaque kind of cover over the drum. It is fluid on the ear and there isn't a lot can be done. Sometimes an ENT will make a tiny hole in the ear drum and drain the fluid. She has prescribed an antibiotic nose spray that may help to open the ear canal.
|

replied August 13th, 2012
Hey jim same problem with me,I can hear my heart beats in my right ear(blood rushing noise )specially just before bed time , d u gt any solution???
Plz.reply
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2013
wally's ear oil heals my sons ear when he gets loud heartbeat pulsating noise in his one ear....it is natural herbal oil fr ear infection or inflammation ....google it and try it couple weeks....
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2013
wally's ear oil heals my sons ear when he gets loud heartbeat pulsating noise in his one ear....it is natural herbal oil fr ear infection or inflammation ....google it and try it couple weeks....
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Pulsatile Tinnitus-heartbeat In Ear
Hi, whaledriver--

thanks for responding to my post. I was beginning to think I was the only one in here who's ever had this problem! Yes, I saw postings in webmd about it, in fact that is where I learned about most of the possible causes. The ent I saw was pretty moot on the subject, but that's the service one can expect when one is uninsured and going through a "free clinic" referral!

Unfortunately, I have learned nothing more of my condition, other than it seems to be getting worse, particularly now, as this is the same time of year in which I "contracted" this condition. It seems to be connected to my on-going sinus trouble, as it seems to increase in volume and occurence when my head is particularly stuffed up or "pressure" has built up inside.

However, none of this is conclusive, and I suppose some sort of "trauma" to the left side of the neck could have caused it, although I cannot recall a specific instance. A "misplaced" or narrowed vein seems to be another likely scenario, perhaps in your son's case, especially if he had violent bouts of vomiting, he could have "torn" something in that part of his neck, just enough to allow him to hear the sound of his heart. Did they scan below his head? When I depress the juglar or carotid artery on that side, it does not seem to make a big difference to increase or decrease the sound. When I yawn, or have stress, bend down, etc. Etc., is the most times I "hear" it. :|

i wish you luck in solving this mystery. Your son is the youngest i've heard of having it, so hopefully youth, and time, will remain on his side!

Let me know if you hear anything more on your end about this, and I will return the favor.

Thanks! Ronni
|

replied October 13th, 2011
I too have the pulse in my left ear. It happens to me mostly in the mornings, and is accompanied by a terrible headache. I have been getting this more a few years, and have self diagnosed myself the best I can, since I have no ins. Here are my thoughts about my condition. I have severe allergies and sinus issues. When I wake up with the headaches, they go away once I sit up. I can actually feel fluid draining in my sinuses. So I believe the headaches for me, as well as the throbbing my ear, are due to my sinuses. It is kinda strange though because my neck seems to somehow be part of the problem too. I have pondered the possibility of all of this being from a spinal block i had many yrs ago from a c section. I get frequent spasms in my spine as well. But Honestly I really think it is mainly sinuses because of how the headaches go away when I'm upright. Very dizzy too by the way. Especially when I first lay down, the room spins for a minute. I have learned to live with all of this, but the headaches are quite annoying.
|

replied December 30th, 2011
flutter ear
ive was dealing with the left ear pulsating also, its so annoying, and what it is,, is that you have fluid trapped in the inner tube , its all sinus issues,, try taking some over the counter allergy meds,, it dries everything up ! my dizzyiness went away , and my pulsating ear is starting to go away now to !!! thanyou claritin i was getting scared !
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Heart Beat in Left Ear-SCDS
I have also had a heart beat in my left ear that gets worse with exercise or bp. I also hear cracking in other noises that are in my heard. Also balance problems. Every Doctor that I went to could not find a reason. Finally I found an answer. It is called scds and is rare. I had this confirmed by a high resolution ct. I told my neurologist what settings were needed and what to look for and sure enough it was confirmed by the ct and radiologist. I will be getting surgery to repair my ear canal. Many Doctors have never heard of this and cannot diagnose it. Hope this helps someone. God bless!
|

replied August 29th, 2012
I had this same problem, and FOUND THE ANSWER! I tried everything, and an ENT doctor even told me I'd have to live with it the rest of my life, but it turns out, all I needed was a Chiropractic adjustment. I went to Dr. Toy in Lawton, OK, and he worked wonders. My hearing came back A LOT after the first adjustment, and the sound wasn't as loud, but after a couple more adjustments, the sound completely went away a few months later. I think an artery was out of line or twisted or something like that. Dr. Toy graduated from some school called Logan out of Missouri, so I'd try to find a Logan grad in your area. He was old school in that he popped my neck (didn't hurt) 2 different ways. Some chiropractors use little tools or whatever. Get an old school one who just pops you back in place. I'd try a Chiroprator before doctors start messing with your ear canal.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied June 17th, 2012
Lizzie

Hi ronni
I have lived with this for 13 years my Ent sent for various tests n took a seminar. She first said it was my vein being bigger n pumping blood faster in my right ear n then she said it was the fluid flow from my brain. I suffered from migraines all the time bc I hear my heart all day long. She also said it was bc I was obese but I have lost 180 pounds n still the beating is there. She asked me to wait 1 year before she gave me the magic pull that the other Doctors had mentioned in the seminar. She said its simply a water pill that's prescribed. I have yet to try it n am making an appt soon to request it. I will keep u posted n let u know how it works out. Oh n I have also list 49% of my hearing bc of the pounding in my ear. Take care of it soon!!
|

replied March 13th, 2005
Hear Heartbeat In Ear
Hi ronni,

i noticed the same thing for the first time only two nights ago. I'm having problems with constant sore throat/ear the past 14 months, so hopefully is from nothing too sinister. It was really distracting me, and I couldn't concentrate to read in bed, then couldn't sleep with the continual "whooshing" pulse sound in my ear !
I eventually fell asleep and haven't had it before that episode or since, thank god. I feel sorry for you, if you do find out what it is please let us know.
Kind regards, lyn in australia
|

replied March 14th, 2005
Experienced User
I've had this problem nearly my whole life. I've also battled middle ear infections in both ears my whole life. Now that I read this though, I realize that since my last operation I haven't had this problem. (last operation was around 6 months ago). I had some scar tissue removed from inside my ear canal from a previous surgery.

Not sure how to make it go away, but I remember those nights hearing the whoo whoomp sound in my ear of my heart beating.
|

replied March 14th, 2005
Heartbeat In Left Ear--please Read
Hey georgetheronni, how are you doing?

A number of techniques and treatments can help. The good news is that most people are able to learn to live with their tinnitus without any sort of treatment. Only a small proportion of people with tinnitus ever require a medical or surgical treatment.

Most cases of tinnitus should be evaluated by an ear, nose, and throat physician before home treatment begins to be sure that the tinnitus is not caused by another treatable problem.

Treatment for tinnitus depends on the underlying cause of the problem.
In the majority of cases, tinnitus is caused by damage to the hearing organ. In these cases, there is normally no need for treatment other than reassurance that the tinnitus is not being caused by another treatable illness.

In the very rare instance where the tinnitus is extremely bothersome, there are a number of treatment options.

Some of the most helpful include antianxiety or antidepressant medication, biofeedback and other relaxation techniques, and sometimes maskers—small devices like hearing aids that help to block out the sound of the tinnitus with "white noise."

for people who are bothered by tinnitus only when trying to sleep, the sound of a fan or a radio set to low volume is usually all that is required to relieve the problem.

Most people with tinnitus find that their symptoms are worse when under stress, so relaxation techniques can be helpful.

Caffeine may worsen symptoms.

Hearing loss worsens the effect of tinnitus, so hearing protection and avoiding loud noises is very important in preventing worsening of the symptoms.

For most people, though, simply ignoring the tinnitus will allow it to fade into the background, just as wearing a piece of jewelry or a watch becomes unnoticeable to us after a short time, unless we consciously think about wearing it.

In cases where the tinnitus is caused by one of the other rare problems (such as a tumor or aneurysm), treatment of the tinnitus involves fixing the main issue. Although this does not always resolve the tinnitus, some people note relief of their symptoms. Only a very few cases of tinnitus are caused by identifiable, repairable medical conditions.

For excellent patient education resources, visit emedicine's ear, nose, and throat center. Also, see emedicine's patient education article tinnitus.

Best wishes,
|

replied January 4th, 2012
Heart Beat in left ear
I am bothered with this at night and it is making getting to sleep difficult. I have had my ears, nose and throat doctor check it and he says there is nothing wrong in my ear. I put tissue in my ear to try to quiet the sound but this doesn't work. I am going to try to cut on a radio like you said above and see if this works. I usually don't like to go to sleep with noise but if that will help I am game. Thanks for the helpful advise. I may be under a little more stress than usual. I will work on this.
|

replied January 21st, 2012
I too am experiencing this. The hearbeat symptom is new, have had dentist problems, sinus and itchy ears for a long time. let me know what happens.
|

|

replied March 20th, 2005
Pulsatile Tinitus
Hey, i've also had the heartbeat in my ear - mainly at night time, I also questioned my fiancee .. She has also experienced it, and so have alot of people I know, so I don't think it is anything to worry about to be honest..... I know howit is caused but I never understood why it does it only at night, so I came up with the prediction of, being relaxed, as yyou are relaxed so are your muscles, etc therefore the viens in your ears moving slightly closer to the eardrum..... But it is only a prediction
|

replied May 10th, 2005
Hi,
i was actually looking for something different when I came across this post.
My mother suffers the same thing, she hears her heart beat in her ear permanantly, she has had mri and other tests done, and it did discover a kink in the artery in her neck, this may or may not require surgery.
She has now started update tests to see if there is any worsening to this problem as is now suffering dizziness and balance probs.
Oh, and she doesn't have high blood pressure, it is very low if anything, she has noticed when the pulsating is at its worse, her vein in one arm, the opposite arm.
|

replied August 9th, 2005
Re: My Son Has Same Problem
Hello whaledriver.
My daughter aged 23 has had ear problems / earache since she was a kid and took her to many ent's but found nothing wrong. She used to do a lot of swimming and possible waterlog in ear & middle ear infections. For the past 4 yrs she has had noises similar to those when holding a seashell to the ear but docters in the uk could not find any problems. Mri scan came up with nothing, hearing test as well as blockage test said to be fine. She has only recently discovered that when she puts pressure to her neck [below the truobled ear] that the noise disappears. She seems to have come to an end with what the docters can offer and was told to make another appt for 9 months if the problems persists, yet they did nothing to help or even discover what the cause of the noise is.
|

replied August 17th, 2005
Sound of Blood Rushing In Left Ear
Hello everybody,
i started hearing the sound of my blood rushing (to the beat of my heart) in my left ear five weeks ago and it hasn't gone away since. It seems to be worse in the morning and at night, when I jawn and when I stretch. I don't really notice it during the day but I think that's only because there is so much noise around me. When I stop to check I can still hear it, just not as loud.
My regular doctor said it could be an inflamation of the inner ear and gave me some antibiotics, which of course didn't help ... I have an appointment with an ent next wednesday and I will let you know what he says ...

Hang in there!
Steph
|

replied October 13th, 2005
Heartbeat In Ear
Hello,

i have experienced this for a few years. It has gotten worse in the last few weeks. In addition to the usual heartbeat sound (in my right ear only) which comes and goes and usually lasts about 24 hours, I have recently started hearing a popping or tapping sound not related to my heart rhythm. I have been to my gp who has now referred me to an ent. From what I can tell from various websites (google pulsatile tinnitus and you will find lots of info) there are many physiological causes of this, and some sort of scan (mri or ct) should be used to rule out any vascular abnormalities or tumours. I am worried that they will find something but at least it will be an explanation for this troublesome condition. I am also worried that nothing will show up because on one of the websites it states:

"it is our sincere hope that everyone who experiences pulsating tinnitus will pursue a thorough medical evaluation to locate the cause, if possible. There is a lot of research and reports about methods for repairing the problems that create the disturbing symptoms of pulsitile tinnitus. At the same time, there are many cases of pulsitile tinnitus which are not pinpointed, and these tend to fall into the idiopathic category (meaning unknown causes). Individuals with pulsitile tinnitus who find that the initial imaging results do not reveal abnormalities should insist on further examination and investigation. It is apparently possible to misread or miss these pulsitile tinnitus trouble spots that may be tangled in other structures or hidden by bone or other tissue. Newer techniques regarding pulsitile tinnitus have been employed that help determine the site of lesion in the majority of pulsitile tinnitus cases. The cure rates for pulsitile tinnitus are quite high, once the problem area has been identified."

thanks
|

replied October 25th, 2005
Heart Beat In Left Ear
I also have a hear beat sound in my left ear that I can feel pulsating at times. It started as a whooshing sound & I went to my family Dr. That said it was a ear infection & gave me an antibiotic. It only got worse & turned into a heart beat sound that I can mostly hear at night. I went to an ent who sent me for an mri,mrv & mra. All came back negative. I went to a neurosurgeon who sent me for a cat scan & even a cerebrael angiogram which also came back negative. This sound drives me crazy & I have spent so much time trying to reslolve it with no help. Has anyone else had these tests? Has anyone found a cure, anything to stop the sound?
|

replied October 27th, 2005
Hello. I am a 23 yr old female. I have had ear problems ever since I was a baby. I have always has the "air" sounds in my ears they take turns on which one wants to be annoying. Over the last year this problem has gotten a lot worse. And I have had migrianes for the first time ever along with horrible neck pain. The sounds in my ears are all day every day and have been for almost a year now. For some reason or another over the past 2 weeks the sounds are getting even louder. I have had every test possible done. I have had 2 mri's and 3 cat scans I have also had an mra and a spinal tap to rule out pressure from my spine. Al, test came back fine. I do have "t" tubes in my ears and have had them for over 8 years. Yet when I first got them put in this helped with the sounds but now they are coming back. I just left the ent yesterday and she is saying that this could be nerve damage and I am going to have to "live with it" well if you know what I am talking about this is really hard to just "live with" ... Even though I have had this problem for a long time it has never been so consistent and I am to the point where I am about ready to go insane. When there is sound around I don't hear it as loud but it is always there and when I go to bed at night it gets even worse. I didn't realize this was such a common problem as I have been looking into this. If someone finds something that helps please let me know. It doesn't change anything when I press on my neck. I have not heard about that before reading on here.
|

replied October 28th, 2005
Pulsatile Tinnitus
Hi kory, sorry to hear that you have the same annoying problem as all of us. Have you seen a neurosurgeon yet? Mine seems to be helpful, but I still don't have any answers yet. He did send me for an angiogram, which is a major test to go through, but I had an excellent radiologist do it. I am 39 & I can't take having this for only 3 months so I don't know how you do it. I have a follow up appointment on tuesday so if I learn anything new I will let you know. My sound is only in my left ear & it is a heart beat sound all the time. It is so bad at night. Take care & let me know if you find out anything new.
|

replied November 19th, 2005
I too have been battling with this heart beat sound in my left ear. I have spoken to dr's about it and they say it is probably related to stress.. I have it mainly when laying on my left side, when standing I feel as though the ground under me is moving... When I blow my nose my ears pop... The only relief I seem to get is going to the chiropractor and getting my neck adjusted along with my ears adjusted. I notice when I get my ears done, I swallow much better as well. I have ringing and swooshing as well from time to time and have chalked it up to the medication I take for panic and anxiety. I notice when I am very relaxed the heart beat sound is still there but just slower, and not as many beats... It will go 1 2 3 4 then stop for a few seconds then back to it... When I am anxious it will beat like a drum. I have not been to a specialist, from what I have read it appears I should save my co pay... As long as I know its not my heart going crazy I am okay with it.... However the feeling of the ground moving or my body moving when I am still is quite annoying and scarey at the same time. For those that have the same thing try a chiropractor it might eleviate the symptoms. Good luck!
|

replied May 31st, 2011
If you are feeling dizzy (or ground feels like it moves) it sounds like the problem is with the inner ear as this is where our balance is controlled by the semicircular canals. This would suggest that the problem is with the ear and not the heart or blood pressure and I would advise you to seek professional medical attention. Have you told the doctors of the balance problem? I hope you get this sorted my friend.
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Heartbeat In Right Ear
I too have this problem. It started five months ago but was not a constant irritant until a month ago when I got sinusitus. I have been on antibiotics that have helped my sinus problem but now the heartbeat in my right ear is constant. When I spoke to my doctor he said it was linked with my sinus problem but it seems to be getting worse. It is definitely worse when I go to bed and am laying down. It tends to get worse when i'm feeling stressed too. I have been using decongestants to help clear my head and am hoping that this will help with my ear but so far i've had no luck. Has anyone found anything that helps? I will go back to the doctor after xmas if it still isn't improving but i'd rather try everything possible first. Any suggestions?
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Heartbeat In Left Ear
//hello ky1979, I am responding to you because our symptoms seem to be very similar. I have found that decongestants do help. I went for 45 days straight with the constant loud sound when it was at it's worst. That is when I had all of my tests for serious conditions & they all came back fine. Mine also got worse during stress & when laying down. I have not had the sound now for about 2 months. It went away as quickly as it came. I will hear it for a minute or two occassionally. I have also found that the new tablet that you can put in the shower for congestion really helps. You can find it in the cold medicine section at any store & it really helps. I'm sure you don't go spray tanning, but when I spray tan that is when it is at it's worst. I am from the midwest with cold, dry air & I moved to florida about 9 months ago & the humidity & heat seem to have started all of this. If you read my earlier posting you will see that I went through some extreme testing to hear that the Dr.S found nothing so doing what you are doing is the best. Just try to relax & hopefully it will stop on it's own. Take care
|

replied December 31st, 2005
Pounding In Right Ear
I too have pounding in my right ear from time to time.

Last night I was terribly ill with a headache that felt like my head would explode...Nearly unbearable. The pounding was very loud and suddenly, after such a long time thinking that there was fluttering in my ear, I realized it was my heart beat. Scarey!

I have been reading the posts and seeing that anti-biotics have only made things worse for everyone. I guess that I will see an ent and find out what the cause in my particular case is, ruling out tumors or tears etc. I also have intense itching in each ear and use peroxide with a cue tip in the mornings. Recently I started using a garlic drip into the ear. It smells, well, very heavily of garlic. Ugh.

I think now that I know that the sound in my ear is my heart beat, I will definitely have to get this attended to.

What my gut is telling me, other than if it is a tumor, is to approach this with eastern medicine and see if it will help..Perhaps acupuncture. Has anyone tried that?

Best,
shelley
|

replied December 31st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I have had this, especially in the left ear forever. I know when I have adrenaline rush or am stressed it is more noticeable. I do have high blood pressure, and have also had a heart attack so I dont know if it is related. But....
I thought it was normal. Seriously
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
So Glad I'm Not Alone!
Hi ronni!

I have been dealing with this problem in my left ear ever since may of 2002. I know that because I was pregnant with my son. I asked my obgyn he said that it was probably allergies sense we had just moved to a different state. But it defiantly stayed around. I hear it all the time even when I am watching tv with my family, driving my car, but the worst time to get it is while sleeping. I also notice that when ever I get mad or scared, it's like I can feel it racing.

Now, after having 3 kids and always putting myself and my personal needs aside to take care of my children (as all mothers do!) I have allowed this condition to take a new step. About 5 days ago, I developed a massive headache on my left side, this was so bad that even opening our refridgorator drove me crazy. The beating was really bad, it was almost swooshing in my ear. I was feeling really bad, so I just went to bed early. The next morning, I got up, I was extremely dizzy the entire room was spinning around. I went back to bed, about an hour later, I got up started to go down my stairs, and that is the last thing I remember until waking up in the er. I apparently passed out. I had a fever of over 104.8, my blood pressure was extremely high, and I had a massive case of vertigo. The doctor said I had a servere inner ear infection. So new years eve 2006, instead of hugging my loved ones at the stoke of midnight, I was hooked up to an iv bag in the hospital. I see my ent tomorrow for a follow up. And before reading your site ronni, I was really afraid of what I was going to find out, but now I know that I am not alone! You have no idea how good it feels to not be the only one going through this annoying problem!

Thanks alot!
Kisha
|