Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Headache Due to Head Injury..wont Go Away!

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
:cry: on christmas eve, coming out of best buy last day of shopping we had ice everywhere on streets and parking lots..Coming out I slipped and hit my head very hard..I landed on my back & but but my head hit first.. I laid there holding my head and the only people helping me was my kids..
Went to emergency room had cat scan and x rays..Everything normal..Nothing wrong..But
every day since then the top of my head hurts and aches all day.. Lots of times I dont notice it as much cause I stay busy but late in the day I feel it the worst.Expecially at night while trying to sleep...Headache pills sometimes help but not always..I take prescription meds for headaches as well..With no releif in site..
I dont know what to do!! It hurts on the top of my head.. Not sure if its pressure or what.. Also where I hit the back of my head it is still sore to the touch..
Any advice is great...Thanks blue~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2008
Supporter
See a neurologist?
I do hope you have figured out what is going on with your headaches. I also would have helped you had I been in that parking lot when you fell. I am so sorry no one responded or at least came otwelcome you to eHealth............so I am now! I'd suggest seeing a neurologist. Please come back and update us on your condition!
|

replied May 14th, 2009
Headaches
I would definitely recommend seeing a chiropractor too! I had something similar happen to me and to top it all off I have started training for a new sport, which has begun to wreak havoc on my body. I'm a mess, but I was much worse a while ago. I am now going through chiropractic treatments - they're a huge help!
|

replied August 17th, 2009
Maybe look into trying cranial sacral therapy for your headaches.
Mike q
|