Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

trouble with ex-boyfriend

My ex and I split up in august. Oddly enough he got me pregnant in october. I never told him and don't plan to. I want him out of my life. He keeps calling and everytime he does; he says the most hurtful things until I start crying and then he is always like I gotta go bye. I am sick of it. I feel nothing for him. I just want it to be over with. He also seems to always be where I am before I get there too. He has a girlfriend also I can't believe it doesn't bother her. His friends call me too just to say ignorant stuff to me. I also found a really nice guy who cared about me and the baby. My ex and his friend managed to break us up within a week of him finding out. I am over him but am now wondering if he is over me? How can I get rid of him?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2005
I understand how you feel. I dated a guy for awhile and ended up pregnant. I broke up with him and he couldn't seem to get the hint that I didn't want him around. He would call non-stop. He would threaten to kill himself...Threatened to kill me once too...While I was pregnant...So not only was he threatening me but our unborn child. He also tried to break into my house a couple days after he threatened me. Before all this threatening and him trying to break in...I tried talking to him and getting him to stay away, but it didn't work. Finally after he tried to break in...I had enough of it and I had to go to the cops. I told my ex I went to the cops and if he came to my house again he would be arrested on criminal trespassing. Finally he got the hint!!! He ended up moving up to wy so I haven't heard from him or seen him in about a year and a half. Now everything is great. My daughter is now 8 months old. I'm dating a new guy...And we are engaged. He loves me and my daughter. He treats my daughter as his own. I'm not sure exactly what your situation is...Or if he was as bad to you as my ex was to me. If he was as bad to you as mine was to me...Then I completely support your decision in not wanting to tell him that you are pregnant. However, if it was just minor problems yall had, he should know that you are pregnant. You just need to think of what is best for you and your unborn child. And just remember that one day you will have to explain to your child why daddy is not around. It might come back to bite you in the ass if you have to tell your child that daddy isn't around because mommy didn't tell him she was pregnant! I'm still having hard time thinking of what I will have to tell my daughter one day. I mean...I know in my heart I did the right think, and that my daughter and I are better off without my ex. But it'll still be hard to tell my daughter why things didn't work out. Best of luck to you. And sorry this is a late reply to your post!
|

replied February 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks for your advice. Congrats on the enagagement. The reason I haven't told my ex I am pregnant is b/c both he and his best friend told me if I ever got pregnant that I would either get an abortion or they would hit me in the stomach hard enough to make me miscarry the baby. Now I just stya away from him and if I do see him I try to hide my belly. Everything has been going good though I think he got the picture.
|

replied March 9th, 2005
Sorry
Sorry it's been awhile since I replied to your last post. Well if you ex is that big of a creep then I understand why you wouldn't want to tell him. You and your baby will be much better off with out him, just like my daughter and I are better off with out her dad! Being single and pregnant can be very hard and emotional. There were times I would tell my best friend that no guy would want me now. For a long time I thought I wouldn't find anyone because of my situation. I'm just thankful I found the love of my life so quickly after having my daughter. So she will be able to grow up with a daddy. Plus it's got to be hard for the kid when they are older and mommy is dating guys. The kid will get attached easily to the guy you are dating. I will be praying for you and your little one. I hope you are as lucky as I am and find someone as soon as I did! Good luck with all and god bless!
|