Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Belly Button Pain, And Oozing (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
My husband has been having pain in his belly button. The pain has come with the smell of an open wound, and last night it burst, I guess, because he woke up with liquid in his belly button and a scab at the top of it.
First Helper lydlmt
|

replied March 29th, 2005
Re: Belly Button Pain, And Oozing
lgbaggett wrote:
my husband has been having pain in his belly button. The pain has come with the smell of an open wound, and last night it burst, I guess, because he woke up with liquid in his belly button and a scab at the top of it.
|

replied April 5th, 2005
Anonymous
Belly Button
Please update us on what that was...I have the same exact thing...I am only thirty, and have just begun having these syptoms...I thought I had a cyst or something...
|

replied September 11th, 2011
belly button pain
I have belly button pain.
Also in my right buttock that seems better.

I can't think of any reason why!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 28th, 2005
Anonymous
Belly Button Wound
I seem to have the same symptoms. Any info on this for anyone? I've had the oozing, wetness, pussing, etc. For almost 6 weeks. It even survived a full course of antibiotics (taken for an ear infection). Help!!! Thank you!
|

replied July 28th, 2005
I've had something similar happen. Turned out it was a mass of ingrown hairs, all about 1 & 1/2 inches long, tightly grouped. It seems the mass grew together as a big clump, almost looking like some sort of ropey/cable looking string of hair, very uniform, connected by a puss filled sac/bubble at one end.

One night I noticed I had blood dried around my belly button, and a very, very foul smell. Must've been infected quite badly, and I had never noticed. The infection mustve burst and drained while I slept, and I awoke to the dried blood around my belly button. The inner portion of my belly button had fluid in it.

The odor was very distinct, and quite pungent. Even now, the smells persists despite bathing regularly, cleaning the wound multiple times, trying rubbing alcohol/hydrogen peroxide. Tried a topical anti bacterial cream and a swab. Nothing seems to be able to kill off the odor for good, but it isn't quite as bad as it initially was. I'm not exactly sure what the problem might still be, if the infection is lingering or if perhaps it's a fungal/bacterial infection requiring some kind of anti fungal/antibiotic treatment.

Sorry if this grosses you out, but I like to be thorough, and figured as much info as possible might lead to others with similar experiences being able to help me.
|

replied October 18th, 2005
Anonymous
Belly Button Smell, Pain And Oozing
I acutally had the sme problem many of you have posted. I went to a doctor and it was a infected umbilicus. They did a one hour surgery and removed the sac inside ur belly button and they found a hair inside. After the surgery I had no problems.
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Anonymous
Question
I was searching online for things related to pain inside navel. This message board came up. My husband this evening told me he was having a pain inside his navel...When pressed or touched he felt a strange pressure in his rectum just from pressing his belly button!

It is making me nervous....I will call the doctor tomorrow. He is 30 years old and has no known health problems. Anyone have any similiar experience, as weird as it sounds?

Sabrina
|
Users who thank bri79 for this post: appeltaart 

replied November 25th, 2005
Anonymous
Belly Button Oozing
My fiance was complaining of a really bad tummy ache yesterday. I told him he probably just had gas. But today he woke up with his belly button oozing a brownish ooze and an awful smell. Im really not sure what it can be and cant take him to the hospital because he doesnt have insurance. But he said he feels better now that it oozed out. :?: any thoughts?
|

replied October 26th, 2012
Pain and puss coming from Navel area
My daughter's boyfriend is going through that.He has had pain and redness in his navel area. He was thinking it was a hernia until puss started coming out.I guess that relieve the pain. It does smell. He's been cleaning it with alcohol and peroxide.His doctor sent him to a surgeon next Friday. We'll see what he says. After he cleaned the navel out it looks like there was a little something breaking out of the side of the inside of his navel.Weirdest thing I ever saw.
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Anonymous
Ooozing Belly Button
I have cancer- carcinoid cancer tumours to be exact, the treatment I received for the ones in my liver caused an ulcer in my esophagus, I recently had pain my my belly button , and felt a slimy fluid, and it stunk badly, I also saw some blood. I havent seen the doc yet I am guessing its from the infected ulcer, when I see doc I hope to confirm that, I hope its not serious
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I used to have that happen all the time, I have learned to wash with soap inside belly button everyday. When it would get sick, stink to high heaven, hurt llike crazy, would ooze stuff, would hurt my insides if I would poke to hard with q-tip. Anyway when it was sick, I use hydrogen peroxide, and dont go too deep, for it will cause great pains. But if you do this for a few days, it will heal, then the pains when touching bottom will go away too. Then wash everyday with soap, using washcloth, finger or q-tip. I have not had a bout for like 15 or more years now.

Hope this helps you all
|

replied February 8th, 2006
My "innie" belly button is itchy, red, and if I squeeze together my tummy fat, then my belly button oozes a little bit of a thin yellow liquid...I am 23 and in good health and totally freaked out about this belly button thing. It has been itchy and red for 3 days and today is the first day that it has oozed anything. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
|

replied December 11th, 2011
omg!! I am currently having the same problems now. Could you please tell me what did you do to cure it? I just got antiseptic cream today to apply on it. Will it help?
|

replied February 16th, 2006
Anonymous
Belly Button
I am having the same problem, I am 25yrs old and my belly button often goes red and has an awful yellowish goo coming from it. It also smells very bad but I am too worried and embarrassed to go to the doctors about it. I am a little bi chubby round the middle but nothing too bad. Any ideas ??
|

replied February 27th, 2006
Anonymous
Oozing Belly Button
Hey, i've been having the same problem. I am 22 and totally freaked out because I was travelling in central asia this past summer when I got really ill and then noticed my belly button was oozing. The doctors have no clue what they are talking about and have put me on medication which worked for a while but now its back. It is tender to touch and occasionally it hurts and now it appears as it there is something coming out of my belly button. Right now I am trying to cut out sugar as some people think it is possibly related to the intestine or that it could be candida.
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Hey, im 18 years old and have also experienced symptoms very similar to those described here, I had a terrible pain in my abdomen and then later pus that smelled a bit like bad cheese, I went to the doctor and he gave me some penicillin and the problem went away, it was fine for about 2 months and then yesterday I noticed a small amount of pus again and then today in place on the pus I discovered blood, any advice would be appreciated.
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Anonymous
Re: Belly Button Pain, And Oozing
Like oh my gosh, so have i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am scratching it now! L.O.L. :d
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Anonymous
Umbilcial Hernea
Well see, I am 21 years of age and I have this horrible smellinside my belly button...
I just realized it when I was watching aurther (tv show) and started to pick it and itch it. Wa wa ... That hurt like... Navel picking...
P.S. I have an outtie... No I really do have an outtie, bigtime!
|

replied March 15th, 2006
Anonymous
Yiv Ip
Me too! Only I have crust and acne and smells and raw spots and more hair in my navel.... Ha ha ha
|

replied March 16th, 2006
Anonymous
Oozing Navel
My 4 year old child has yellowish oozing in her belly button. I'm trying to research to see what it could be. She was recently on antibiotics for ear infections so i'm thinking it may be yeast. I've found a few other site that support that, but i'm not sure. I'm a worried mother, any suggestions?
|

replied March 17th, 2006
So I have a feeling that quite a few of these replies in here are just bullshitting.
Anyways..
I was googling and it brot me here.

So like inside of my belly button, its really sore. Its been sore for a few days, but I didnt think anything of it, just thought that maybe it was bruised or something.
But tonite when I got out of the shower, it was hurting really bad. So I looked at it, I looked inside, and theres this like big bubble type thing inside it. And when I pressed down on it, it hurt really bad, and then this whitish brownish color stuff came out of it. And a tiny bit of blood has been coming out of it too.
Its really kinda scaring the hell outta me, and I dont know what to do about it. Its really really sore, it just hurts pretty bad. Im not one whos good with pain so yeah.. I just dont know what to do about it.
So yeah..
Any help!?
|

replied March 26th, 2006
Anonymous
Umbilical Infection My Doc Called It.
Hello, I was just to doctor yesterday and he said I had a umbilical infection, three days ago after a shower I felt pain around my belly button ( I have a inney) that was about it for that day day 2 the pain was pretty bad hurt when I stood up sat down bent over any movement but lying on back. By the evening hours of day 2 I saw blood and a brownish oozing coming from belly button (freaked me right out).I worried alnight so day 3 went to doctor's and it was oozing like crazy by now with a pungent smell (nasty) . I learned that it can come from (moisture) in the belly button that causes fungus growth. (yeast infections) can cause this lot's and lot's of thing's can cause the sac to become infected ! I was told you gotta take an bacteria infection antibiotic ! Not one for the common influenza or ear infection ect! Ect! :oops:
|