Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump In Neck/throat

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
About a 2 months ago I was in the gym doing overhead weight exercises and I pulled my neck. The next day I noticed a lump just to one side of my throat about the size of an adams apple. Its hard and not painful. Someone at work said it could be swollen lymph?

Today I just incurred a sore throat and bad chest and cough. The lump doesnt seem to have gone down at all since I got it.

Any clues as am quite worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2005
Have now had blood test and awaiting results. The antibiotics havent made it go down and I still have abit of a flemmy throat and cough, if that is anything to do with it.

Has anyone got any suggestions what it could be, it hasnt seemed to got any bigger or smaller since I first got it.
|

replied April 21st, 2005
This May Help
Hi,

my father had a lump on his throat/neck and the doctors said it was a sist. I dont know if this is what you have or not because it did come up after lifting weights. But I know with my dad when he was younger he said he may have noticed a small lump but it would go away and whenever it came back it would be a little bigger. Maybe you have never noticed it and it just so happened to come up after you lifted weights. But anyways this may not be what you have but I hope it helps. Good luck.
|

replied June 26th, 2010
did you find what it was because i have the same!!??
|