Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Baby Worries

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Today I havent felt the baby move! Has anyone else has this? Usually the baby kicks and does summersaults when I lay down but there is nothing today. Should I call my doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Don't worrie some time your baby will do that. Think of it as he or she is resting for a bit. If you are still scarid you can call your docter .

From your friend babyblues
|

Experienced User
I heard that if the baby is facing in u wont feel it because he is kicking the oppisite side of ur stomach..Sorry I dont know if I worded that right...Or if its true but my baby did that to alot!!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Ditto what they said.

How far along are you though. Because the further you get that is when they start questions about movement. Like the 3d tri.
|

Experienced User
Im 33wks and I dont feel much movement. But they sent me in for an ultra sound, and they told me that my amniotic fluid is high for the amount of weeks I am, so it stops me being able too feel the movements so much. Also if babys head is down, then there is less movment, because the movments you feel are done with babys feet.

If you are in your third trimester, I would talk too your doctor, and see what s/he says.
|

Experienced User
Im only 17 weeks!
|

replied January 17th, 2005
Experienced User
babymama2005 wrote:
im only 17 weeks!

last week, at 23 weeks, I hadn't felt my baby move for 3 days..Which was unusual for him because he was always so active..So I called my doctor since I was freaking out, and she told me I could go to the er to check on everything if I was reallly worried..So I went and they hooked up the heart monitors and we heard the hb, very strong..I got an ultrasound and it showed him moving around in there, I just couldnt feel it..
The doctor there told me that before 28 weeks, you shouldn't worry too much if you don't really feel anything..But after that you should keep track of movements..
Well I hope that helps a little, take care!
|
Quick Reply