Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

I think the enamel has came off my teeth!

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I used to have a beautiful smile. Really white teeth, and perfectly straight. I am only 21, and I think the enamel has came off my teeth (or it's in the process of coming off). I'm not sure, but this could have been caused by brushing too hard. I never knew this could happen, until it was too late. It all happened pretty fast. I have started brushing really lightly, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I am so upset about this, it has made me half sick. I have noticed that my teeth aren't as thick as they used to be. They are also discolored (more yellow on the center of most of my teeth), some moreso than others. Also, on my two front teeth there are really white "scrape" marks in some spots. My teeth are starting to stick to my mouth as well. Is there something that can be done, to make the appearance of my teeth look like they used to? I have a regular cleaning appointment at the dentist office in about a week, and I am going to ask about all of this. But, I'm not sure I want my teeth cleaned, if it is going to damage my teeth even more! Because if I took my finger nail and touched my tooth with it, I could take a chunk out of about 4 of my teeth. Please share any information you can. I am becoming very self-concious because of this! I don't want to smile anymore!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2003
That is awful, you definitely need to inform your dentist about this problem. There are certain things that can ruin your enamel...Baking soda is not good for your teeth even though it whitens, throwing up is very bad because the acid can eat away at the enamel and under the enamel is a layer called dentin and when it is exposed your teeth may appear yellow. I dont know if any of that will help you but good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply