Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Stomach Pains In the Morning (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Yes,hello i'm 18 and i'm still in school(senior).Each morning I have stomach pains and I be taking amodium ad for my stomach.But the pain still continues for a wile.I have gone to the Dr. But they did not find anything wrong with me.If anyone can plz help me out I would help me out allot.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper myhealth16
|

replied March 29th, 2005
Stomach Pains
It may be caused by gas. Because you are laying down all night , the gas builds up. Once you start moving around the gas expells, and the pain lets up. Watch what you eat before you go to bed. And slow down on gassy foods in the evening.
I hope this helps.

Ze paw
|

replied March 30th, 2005
If it's a sharp, tightening feeling, I have that as well and my doctor told me it was spastic colon. Hope that helps but I would see your doctor again if it continues. Good luck!
|

replied April 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Every morning I have pains in my stomach to and it rumbles and growls really loud too when I first wake up
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Well
Well my stomach still hurts when I dont even eat at night.What is wrong with mee.
|

replied May 9th, 2005
Well
Well my stomach still hurts when I dont even eat at night.What is wrong with mee.
|

replied October 3rd, 2005
Morning Stomach Pains
I have had the same problems for a while, I was a night bed smoker, I had to smoke atleast a cigarrete before sleeping, I realized it was the reason to my morning stomach pains because when I did not smoke for a week I was fine every morning I woke up. I have stopped smoking and I feel better now.
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Experienced User
I dont smoke before I go to sleep but when I wake up I get pains in my lower stomach and it makes rumbling and growling noises when I first wake up, sometimes it can be very loud and painfull
|

replied February 8th, 2006
Morning Stomach
Hi I have just stumbled across this forum and have been having similar problems with my stomach on a morning. Waking up with a kinda empty hollow feeling but like my stomach is full of wind, this happens quite high up sort of under breast bone where ribcage parts. When this happens I have to get up and sometimes eat something to get relief. It passes after 15 20 minutes of being up and mobile. I do feel like I get a lot of gas and my stomach always seems to be gurgling away. Went to drs a while back and was told it was ibs (although at the time I had other symptoms and hadn't mentioned this). I usually have to eat little and often to avoid empty feeling in stomach. :?:
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Re: Stomach Pains
ze paw wrote:
It may be caused by gas. Because you are laying down all night , the gas builds up. Once you start moving around the gas expells, and the pain lets up. Watch what you eat before you go to bed. And slow down on gassy foods in the evening.

I hope this helps.

Ze paw

i have been having the same problems but also at night.i dont know if im lactocintolerant or what my mom wont take me to a dr what should i do?
|

replied February 5th, 2008
To Sickguy
I'm a 33 year old male and have had hernia problems for about 7 years now. When I first pulled my hernia, there was no immediate bulge and it didn't show itself for well over a year. I immediately had increased gas and stomach pain (which was probably coming from my colon or intestine). An abdominal x-ray while you're in pain will show if you're developing gas and sometimes a CT scan or ultrasound of the abdomin can show a hernia. If you're having gas problems, try Charco-Caps homeopathic. They seem to work the best for me. Also too, my stomach was hurting so much at night that I couldn't sleep. I had no idea gas pain could hurt like that until I looked at my own x-rays.
|

replied August 5th, 2009
I feel your pain, I aswell have the same issues.. I find it hard to think that this could be gas, when I even find it hard to eat!? Then later it goes away? Sucks that I cant even function for an hour after I get up! Sad
|

replied August 7th, 2009
in the morning it feels like someone has been sitting on my stomach all night then when i stand up it usually goes away....any ideas
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Does swallowing air - like sleeping with your mouth open - cause gas? I don't think I snore, but I know that facing up while sleeping increases snoring. Anyway, I read that it's best to sleep on your back so as not to twist your spine (also good for preventing facial lines)...
|

replied October 27th, 2009
hi... I have similar problems with my stomach.. i feel pain in the morning and I feel that i have something in my stomach that is not MY... Sad ... i was 3 times on doctor and thay don't find anything... but after that i realize that i have NOSE secret who go down in my stomach while i am sleeping and that makes problem in the morning... now a week ago i start to do some nose-cleaning with salt water before i go to bad and i feel much better now... SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH if have any errors... I'am from Macedonia Smile HOPE I'LL FIND the PROBLEM =)
|

replied October 27th, 2009
Stomach problems
hi... I have similar problems with my stomach.. i feel pain in the morning and I feel that i have something in my stomach that is not MY... Sad ... i was 3 times on doctor and they don't find anything... but after that i realize that i have NOSE secret who go down in my stomach while i am sleeping and that makes problem in the morning... now a week ago i start to do some nose-cleaning with salt water before i go to bad and i feel much better now... SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH if have any errors... I'am from Macedonia =) HOPE I'LL FIND the PROBLEM =)
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2009
hey !
Well Hi my name is Tanisha and ive been suffering through stomach pain as well : )I drink this juice called aloe vera juice and it helped me so much ive been to doctors they didnt know anything about my pain where it was coming from. They said it was this an that .. But really its up to you all to wanna cure yourself trust me on this one ive been to the health store and found this juice i heard of it from and friend ive been in surgery i had my appendix tooken out in 2007 after that i have suffered through so much pain the bleeding started and severe stomach pains i didnt know what to do.. This Aloe Vera juice .... Write me if any questions or may be concerned . Thank you .. An ive been feeling better every since that juice : ) Praise God ! !
|

replied December 5th, 2011
My mom has been telling me to try that they sell it at Walmart but I have been hard headed and haven't tried it I too wake up in the morning with my stomache hurting and feeling awful I sometimes get the feeling that I am going to die very scary! I dnt know what to do I just want to wake up being normal again like before:(
|

replied December 31st, 2011
Pease reply asap, thank you
Did it hurt in your upper stomach? And did your stomach growl alot? What about less frequent bowl movements? I'm a 17 year old young man that had my appendix removed a few years back, for the last 5 months my stomach and I have suffered fro m those things. I'm really worried, I went to the hospital and they said they didn't know whats wrong. It has a cold feeling sometimes. Please reply asap, thank you so much
|

replied January 1st, 2012
Yes my upper and it's just a weired pain 3 month ago I got diagnosed with h pylori and was put on antibiotics it worked some what. I'm afraid and don't really know what else to do I'm only 24 to b this sick
|

replied June 30th, 2013
if you were diagnosed with h pylori then you likely have a stomach ulcer that hasn't completely healed yet. watch what you eat and do more research on ulcers. You may need to be on antibiotics longer than you were,as well as an acid reducer to help your ulcer heal faster.
|

replied January 6th, 2012
Hi Tanisha! Can you buy this Aloe Vera juice anywhere in any store? I think, I want to try it too. I've been feeling sore stomach not too long ago every time I wake up in the morning...usually around 7am. If I can find it...I will surely buy it. Do you drink one glass of Aloe Vera juice before going to bed?
|

replied January 30th, 2012
aloe juice
how much of the aloe juice do you drink and how often?
i want to try it.
|

replied November 21st, 2009
Every morning i have severe pain in my stomace, it feels like my stomace is bleeding, or something is eating away at my stomace, i have no clue to what it is, and it really sucks. it goes away about an hour or two after i wake up, but sometimes it lasts all day. please helpp.
|

replied April 14th, 2011
Morning Stomach Pain - Help!
Have you every figured this out? My daughter has the same thing and it is driving us crazy. bob.olson at charter.net
|

replied March 1st, 2013
hello.

Have you found solution to your pain?

I have the same problem time ago, i don't know what can i do.

Thanks
|

replied December 8th, 2009
Help, the pain is so intense in the mornings and then subsides.
I've been suffering from morning pain for over a year. I don't know what it could be and like many of you, my doctor doesn't either. I've been tested for gallstones and checked for a hernia. The pain is very intense, usually lots of gas. When I eat, I burp a lot, and I have to eat slowly or else I will throw up. After some hours, the pain is gone, but only to return the next morning. At times, I will pass gas at night and it's awful smelling. The thing that is so weird about it all is that it will last about a week or so and then it will disappear for a long period of time. I do find that it is near the time of my periods as well. Don't know what to do and I'm tired of paying a fortune in exams and no diagnosis. Does anyone have the same problem?
|

replied January 13th, 2010
bulged stomach pain
I am 45 years with bulged stomach pain in ribs. this things occur when my motion is not proper. sometimes when i take cremafin i find loose motion.what to do for proper function of bowels and normal motion to avoid stomach pain.
thanks
lakshman

|
12 >>