Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Anything I Can Take to Help Me Grow?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Alright, so I go to my doctor today, and I had a bone age done, and I asked him how tall I would grow. I am 16 years old, goign to be seventeen in about 5 months. He said my groth plates or something to that matter have completely fused. I am about 5'7" right now, and he said I would probably hit 5'8". I really want to be alot taller, just because I figured I would be and I havnt reached it yet, it will make my job easier and so on.

So I was jsut wondering if there is anything I can do to help me grow. I heard peopel talk of doctors prescribing growth hormones, so that you can grow, although there are really bad side affects. Also if I were to take these, would the work if my plates have fused already? Its jsut bothering me so I want to see if there is something I can do, or someone could prescribe me (doctor wise). Thanks alot.

Aaron
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Sounds like you have short genetics along with didn't sleep much in your younger years (13-22) and didn't get in a lot of calcium, magnesium and protein. At 16 it's likely what your growth plates have nearly sealed meaning, not only will you not get any taller---but you're on your way to getting shorter as your discs and spine compress over time.

Igf-1 would've been beneficial for you a few years back. According to research, it doubles your yearly height growth. I'm unsure how much extra boost it'll give you at this point though. Maybe 1-2".

If your growth plates have not sealed yet then your best bet (though somewhat expensive at around $1500 a kit) would be hgh. (human growth hormones). Awesome drug with countless benefits and much cleaner results than any steroid can provide. Here's a quick list of benefits for ya:

increase energy / vitality
reduce fat / cellulite
build muscle
rejuvenate skin, hair and nails
improve memory
elevate mood
enhance sexual desire
regulate sleep
rejuvenate the immune system
improve brain function
protect cells

hgh can also strengthen bones, thicken hair, re-color the gray, improve vision, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, improve digestion, increase oxygen uptake, reverse shrinking of major organs, quicken healing of wounds and even more.

Now.. After all this is a growth hormone. It naturally occurs and decreases production as you come out of puberty. If you increase your hgh levels and your growth plates have not sealed... Then look forward to another few inches in your height.

However, if you do want to go the route of growth hormones you will require your doctor's consent and prescription... And he'll only give it if you have a really good reason for doing it.
|

I see, thanks for info, are you dead serious ill shrink, because I have never heard of that. I live in canada, so maybe ohip would cover it. I beleive he said something had completely fused. I getr about 8 - 9 hours of sleep a night around, sometimes less, sometimes more. I was thinking of getting hgh, because I would liek to get taller. Just wondering where I can also get igf-1. What also can I eaty now to help with it? Like milk and so on? Could you list some things? Thanks. Also my mom is about 5'4" and my dad is 6'2". So I figured I would reach over six feet, I guess not :(
|

Experienced User
aaron_man wrote:
i see, thanks for info, are you dead serious ill shrink, because I have never heard of that. I live in canada, so maybe ohip would cover it. I beleive he said something had completely fused. I getr about 8 - 9 hours of sleep a night around, sometimes less, sometimes more. I was thinking of getting hgh, because I would liek to get taller. Just wondering where I can also get igf-1. What also can I eaty now to help with it? Like milk and so on? Could you list some things? Thanks. Also my mom is about 5'4" and my dad is 6'2". So I figured I would reach over six feet, I guess not :(

yes you will shrink.. Everyone begins shrinking after puberty. Not a noticable amount mind you... You'll be a father, then grandfather before you really notice. :) i'm also in canada... Ohip will cover it only if the doctor believes you are not developing properly.

Hgh would be beneficial, but you have to understand how to use it properly, and real hgh must be injected and stored in the fridge where your parents will find it. So, that isn't going to hapen. You can get igf-1 (insulin like growth factor) from any local blackmarket steroid providor. However, again.. At your age I would highly advise against it. It's not difficult to kill yourself on igf-1 injections. If your blood sugar goes to low.. You faint, and well.. Die. I know some people on igf-1, they carry around a 2l bottle of coca cola with them, and add extra sugar. Whenever they feel weak, they chug some down. Awesome muscle growth, height, and fat loss. But again, very risky if you don't know what you're doing.

Milk isn't going to help much at this point, your doctor said your plates are sealed. (although he really doesn't have anyway of actually knowing this without an ultrasound/xray.) get lots of sleep and don't put much stress on your bones/ligaments. (i.E. No weight lifting!).

Also, parents height doesn't always play a factor. My mom is 5'0", my dad is 5'10". I blew up to 6'2".
|

Good to hear, I think ill pass in the igl-1, because it is dangerous, I would rather take a safe way. Do you still think there is a chance then. We did a bone skan, but the doctor said that they arent always right on. Just wondering when you had noticable growth spurts. I will consider hgh maybe. Im just wanting to hit 6'0"" I was going to start weight lifting in upper body, I will stopp right now I think.

Aaron
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Try to accept yourself as you are, it is not your height that matters, it is what that is within that counts. I use hgh injectables because of medical situations it costs me $500.00 for about a 3 months supply, I do not see it doing that much good for me but I am sure that my situation is different, I order it from canada, it would cost me about $1200.00 in the states here, I was told the cheaper hgh is not as good, the product I am taking you can only get with a prescription.
The best to you,
sandy
|

replied February 1st, 2005
True, I still might ask my doctorabout hgh, hw much height has it given you?
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Hypnosis
Good gosh, I read from this website Hypnosis2height.Com that someone has grown 12 inches in one year from hypnosis, I mean it's not a few inches ..That's a whole freaking foot. Anyone has heard any similar stories about hypnosis and hi?
|
Quick Reply