Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > First Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Why Take Utrogestan??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I've been using utrogestan because I had an in vitro in december and last monday and wednesday the bloodtests came back positive. Can utrogestan (progresterone treatment) cause a positive result and thus a false positive and i'm finishing my prescription on saturday...Could stopping the treatment cause a misscarriage???

Last edited by zelda2005 on January 27th, 2005 10:55 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mariam84
|

replied January 18th, 2005
Utrogestan cannot cause a false positive result.

I wouldn't stop taking it without asking a doctor. I am 5 weeks pregnant and was told to take it until week 12 ish.
|

replied January 22nd, 2005
I, too, was told to keep taking it til then end of my first trimester.
Don't stop it.
Progesterone is the hormone that the body makes to help support the placenta. By the end of the first trimester, the placenta is able to support itself.
|

replied January 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks shell and betty for your replies.

My prescription ended the 15 of january and on the 20th of january I had to go to the emergency room cause I strarted bleeding... So my doc put me back on utrogestan and 1 week later stopped it again...No prob....So far so good. He explained that it makes the "shrimp" sleep the whole time and that's not good either...Instead I sleep now the whole time...It's better like that!!
|

replied June 4th, 2005
zelda2005 wrote:
thanks shell and betty for your replies.

My prescription ended the 15 of january and on the 20th of january I had to go to the emergency room cause I strarted bleeding... So my doc put me back on utrogestan and 1 week later stopped it again...No prob....So far so good. He explained that it makes the "shrimp" sleep the whole time and that's not good either...Instead I sleep now the whole time...It's better like that!!

zelda 2005,
i am 8 weeks pregnant.It is abt 1 weeks since I stopped taking utrogestan, i'm bleeding (brown blood) bit by bit for two days now. Can see a gynae as they are off since yesterday.
I wonder if your bleeding is fresh blood or brown like mine?
How long after you took utrogestan it stopped bleeding?
Shall I take utrogestan till the end of 1st tri-mester even if am not bleeding?
Is it important to sleep early in pergnancy? I usually sleep past 1am. Does it has any effect on my baby?
|

replied February 27th, 2009
i am 25 years old female and i have vaginal bleeding
i am at the 7th week and i have a vaginal bleeding .. i began utrogestan treatment twice a day but my bleeding dont stop i want to know how much time i need to continue in the treatment till the bleeding stop.. i pass un abortion before three months and i dont want to pass this again
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2009
i am 25 years old , i used to be pregnant i kept taking utrogestan but the bleeding never stopped till i got aborted and that was because i never gave myself a chance to rest i kept adding to my daily chores and so i was aborted , for those who are facing brown discharge pls. go visit youre dodctor as soon as possible and try to rest at home , sleep very well, rest at youre back and try to keep your feet raised, i am now pregnant again on my 6 week trying to do these instructions and so far so good
|

replied January 1st, 2010
hi! haidy,

I am 37 yrs. old, and pregnant for 7 weeks and have vaginal bleeding fresh and brown blood, i visit my Dr. 3 days ago and the My Dr. told everything ok, so he prescribed me Utrogest, and i taking this orally (by mouth) not to my vagina because i was read to the leaflet, but i was confused because i read some articles here some are took by vagina, is this no problem if i take orally) im bit worried, i just had missed abortion last October, hope to hear from u soon, and hope also some members here give me some advise, thanks and God bless to everyone.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Utrogestan
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and I started yesterday by brown discharge and today I started fresh bleeding and I have pains as well, I went to my Gyne and he subscribed me to take Utrogestan. I tested positive twice already with a home pregnancy test and yet my gyne could not see anything the ultrasound and the last time I saw my period was in end December. He suggetsted I take blood pregnancay test, I am waiting for the results. Last year end November I had an actopic pregnancy. Can I still be pregnant or not. I am very worried and very stressed out. Please any advice.
|

replied February 5th, 2011
hello i have a daughter 4yrs,i could not get preg my doc give me utrogestant 200mg plz help me,did someone get preg with utrogestant
|

replied March 3rd, 2011
Bleeding in week 5 (red blood). All went well!
I had bleeding in week 5 (red blood, but the blood stain was only big like a dollar coin). The doctor aasked me to take an a coule of Utrogest pills extra that day. Was laying still in the TV-sofa for 3 days, not lifting a finger. The baby was born 8 months later, exactly on the expected date. During all the pregnancy I had to take EXTREME precautions, since I could feel so many signs that the problems came back (still I had 2 more "incidents" with horrible pain like "labour"). My husbund had to remind me to stay very calm every single minute (no social agenda, no walks, etc). But all went well! The baby was very big and strong. My pregnancy problems were later diagnosed like "very tens stomach", "extreme readyness to start labour" and "over sensitive uteros". Good to have a name on it (even if the diagnose came after the baby was born Smile). During my pain during pregnancy I made "meditation" and I was thinking about calm moments. I can recommend this (mental training).
|

replied September 8th, 2011
Utrogestan impact on baby?
Hey all, I'm 27 years old and 5 weeks pregnant. My doctor asked me to take utrogestan for a few days.
Can utrogestan cause any damage to the baby?
ps I am taking it orally.
|

replied January 6th, 2013
hi, i want to know about utrogestan is this safe in pregnancy and for baby?. i have two kids born in danmark but i was never prescribed to use utrogestan. My sister living in pakistan with her first pregnancy have been prescribed to take two tablets every day. i have read its not good for breast...Is it true? please any one explain.
my sister is taking utrogestan and myfol...
|