Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Need Advice Extremely Bad!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Help!! I am going completely nuts!! My mom was shoving abortion in my face for like 2-3 hours last night.. And last night I cried and cried b/c I dont want an abortion b/c I just cant imagine my little angel being sucked out of me.. When he/she wasnt even suppose to me here. She is prolly going to shove it in my face again tonight but I dont think I am going to listen!! If I get this abortion I couldnt go on literally.. I would go crawl in a dark hole for a very long time. If I dont get this abortion my mom will be heart broken for a very long time.. So either decision someone is going to end up hurt. My boyfriend and I can do this if she would just give us a chance!! But she keeps telling me that I am going to "ruin my life". I know exactly what I am doing. I know the facts believe me. I just dont know what to do really. I feel sorry for my mom b/c she keeps blaming this on her ..And I love my baby already.. This is hard.. I am desperately gonna get on my knees and beg that woman to let me keep this baby! What would yall do?? Need help!!! Anything will be nice!!

Xox jessica oxo
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Keep your chin up..If you want your baby..You have every right to keep it.

She may be your mom...But you are you baby's mom.

Do what you think is best for you and your baby

luv ya
|

Extremely eHealthy
Don't let her force anything on you.. It is not up to her.. You are the one who will live with the effects for the rest of your life.. Not her. If it were me.. I'd slap her silly. If I wouldn't slap her, then i'd call some hotline or something and run away. If she makes an appt for you, don't go. If you end up going.. Tell the people at the clinic that you don't want to do this.. They will probably not perform an abortion on you if it's not what you want.
|

Experienced User
I have no where to run is the problem :cry: I havent told my dad yet he would prolly throw a fit also. Force abortion on me.. I so wish my family was pro life. I cant go anywhere with peyton ...His dad is so strict!! And omg!!!! I just found a pen and a phonebook on my moms bed a sec. Ago. I think he really did call the clinic im so scared!!!

Xox jessica oxo
|

Experienced User
I wrote you this before but maybe you didn't notice my reply. Call your local pregnancy crisis center and see if they can set you up with a maternity home where you can live for a while and give your mom some time to cool off. If you let me know what city/state you live in, I can try and find one for you.
Stay strong sweetie... You'll never regret it if you do!
~laura
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wuv u jess

keep ur chin up...I'm always here if u need me
|

Extremely eHealthy
Here is the deal. If they end up sending you to a clinic, you will first meet with a conselor. Tell that counselor that you don't want the abortion, that this is being forced on you against your will. That should settle it right there. When you get pregnant, you just about automatically get "emancipated" meaning that you get to make your own decisions about your own life.

Your family might try to pressure or threaten you into having an abortion (the "you will have to move out and we'll never talk to you again" is a common ploy). But you can not be forced to have an abortion. They can not strap you to the table and perform an abortion just because your parents insist.

Generally, I am not a fan of the crisis pregnancy centers, but this might be a situation where they are appropriate. It all comes down to how vehemently you want to continue the pregnancy. If you are willing to do anything, then you will end up going through the pregnancy. But it comes down to whether you are willing to defy your parents. That is really the decision you need to make now, as you already decided to keep the pregnancy.
|

Experienced User
I think steen said it all and I agree with her. Your mom probably thinks she's doing the right thing for you, but no one can make you have an abortion against your will. Good luck, jess, and let us know what happens next.
|

Experienced User
Do what is best for you and your baby. I had an abortion and would never do it again if I was given the chance. I am pregnant again and I have decided to keep my baby this time. Don't do something you know you are going to regret.

Meghan
|

Experienced User
My mom came home ..I stayed in my room for about an hour n a half. She came in my room and she laughed once. Do you think she might be getting over it?? Hope so.. That would mean everything to me.

Xox jessica oxo
|

Experienced User
She might be or she could be laughing at you because she still thinks you are making a huge mistake. Sorry if you find that offensive. I couldn't find a better way to say it.
|

Experienced User
I don't think she's over it, but maybe she's had time to think about it and she's coming around. Good luck!
|

Experienced User
Thanks krista! I think she "might" be getting around im not sure.. Last night when I told her good night. She said 'jess will you please just think about." I said sure whatever. When I know I am lying to her. Maybe she thinks I might be considering it. Which I am totally not.

Xox jessica oxo
|

replied February 19th, 2005
You Go Ahead And Keep It!
Your mom sounds like she is only looking at it from her own point of view, not from yours. I mean she is probly worried that she will have to help you and the boy-friend support it. How old are you? Just an estimate I don't mean exact. Like 15- 18? I am in that ball park. Also where about in the country are you? I would help if I could. I was almost in the same situation exept my parents are pro-life and would have adopted it if I had gotten pregnant. It's kind of complicated. But I didn't get p/g.
I do not support abortion in any way. Abortion is murder and that's just the way I see it. Many people don't agree but that is just to bad.

p.S. Please don't take this wrong but i'm praying for you.
Heidi
|

Experienced User
This post is really old, and jess miscarried a few weeks back :cry:
|

Experienced User
Omg, thats awful!! :cry: she was really nice.
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Hey gurl im sorry to hear about ur moms prob with wats goin on. But try and be strong its your child and ur the mother do wats right for u not ur mom. Trust me my mom did the same to me the first time I thought I was pregnant and I was only 14 at the tim. But hey a year later and once again I might be but I havent told my mom and not planning on till I am about 31/2 or 4 months cuz by then its too late but please just do wats right for u listen to ur heart not ur moms wishes or demands no matter how bad it hurt dont give in..
|