Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Why Does Gallbladder Disfunction Cause Dizziness? (Page 1)

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I have a paperwork to make for my anatomy class, and I have to answer this question. I've searched all over the web and I couldn't find anything.
Somebody help me please!
First Helper HaredresserD
|

replied January 8th, 2005
Experienced User
Gallbladder And Dizziness
I was very intrigued with your question. I had my gallbladder out in 2003. I don't every recall having dizziness. I felt a fullness or tightness around my middle after eating. I had to have it removed because it was pressing against my liver. I wish I could help you. :wink:
|
Did you find this post helpful?

Anonymous
Gallbladder
I had my gallbladder removed about 6 months ago in an emergency operation. I do not recall ever having dizziness but I had pain in the middle of my back. I was being treated for acid reflux for months before the meds did not work any more and I went to the hospital. My gallbladder was found to be enlarged, infected and had multiple stones. Sorry this doesn't answer your question but I would think that with this all wrong with mine if anyone gets dizziness I should have. Good luck and let me know what you find out.
|

Anonymous
Re: Why Does Gallbladder Disfunction Cause Dizziness?
anonymous wrote:
i have a paperwork to make for my anatomy class, and I have to answer this question. I've searched all over the web and I couldn't find anything.

Somebody help me please!

the pain and spasms caused by a gallbladder attack (biliary colic) often over stimulates the vagus nerve. This nerve also plays a role in controlling your blood pressure. The over stimulation of the vagus nerve often causes a brief but significant drop in your blood pressure, which usually is the cause for dizziness.
Also, excessive vomiting can cause a condition called metabolic alkalosis which can also cause dizziness.
:d
|

replied January 19th, 2005
Anonymous
My Wife's Dizziness After Gallbladder Removal.
My wife had her gallbladder removed on jan. 3rd. She is over the pain and most of the symptoms have subsided. Now yesterday she started having dizzy spells. Just mild ones at first. A little light-headedness. Tonight, she has extreme dizziness every ten minutes or so. It only lasts for a minute but she has to grab something or risk falling down.
Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be overly concerned?
A worried husband,
clint
|

replied January 21st, 2005
Anonymous
I Get the 'crazy Feeling In My Head' Thing....
I've been feeling 'light headed' for months... Not roomspinning type dizzy but just kinda out of it from time to time. Usually when my chest is hurting along with my ribs and right side. Had the hida scan today and am waiting for results. No stones..Had an ultrasound two weeks ago. But just wanted to say I get that 'dizzy' feeling and it scares me. Almost like i'm gonna pass out.
|

replied March 30th, 2005
Gallbladder Removal
I just found out that I have to have my gallbladder removed asap. After having a hydascan which showed 12% functioning. My doctor has decided to remove, yeah. I am so tired of feeling this bad. I was wondering what is the average recovery time. I am a deputy sheriff and I am stationed in a school setting. So I do alot of things (break up fights and what not). Can anyone help me with this, so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks,
susan
|

replied March 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Hi susan,

i'm having laparoscopic gallbladder surgery this coming wednesday. And am glad, because i'm sick & tired of feeling horrible all the time.... I've been told to plan one to 2 weeks for total recovery... Have heard of some people going back to work within just a few days, just no heavy lifting for awhile...

Hope all goes well for you...

Blue
|

replied March 28th, 2011
Gallbladder removal
Just had mine removed on the 23rd of March. Been told the same thing about recovery time and also have heard about the "next day miracles" who go right back to work. Not! Be prepared: stool softener, heating pad (feels great on your tummy with all that gas inside!), Gas X does help some with the expulsion of gas, chicken soup when you're ready to eat - and most importantly, move as you are able. Walk through the house and rest as necessary. Today, 5th day out, I am feeling ever so much better, but not 100%. Those little "holes" are very tender. Be careful and take your time. May your surgery go smoothly and your recovery be quick! (P.S. One "golfball" sized stone and two a little smaller! More information when I return to the doctor in three days. Good luck! Hope you feel lots better when it's over.)
|

replied April 6th, 2005
Anonymous
Dizzying Effects
I think some of the reasons why someone is dizzy from having gallbladder issues is because 1) they aren't eating or drinking right anymore for fear of pain 2) because they are in pain and the body is responding by a defense mode to have it 'shut down' so it can repair itself (aka rest) 3) tense muscle contractions are highly prominent in the neck area so the blood has a lack of good flow there. 4) the body wants to curl up around the hurt area and protect it.

This is just my experience i'm talking about. After speaking with two different surgeons, the gb is coming out. My test results were all negative except for the hida scan, which showed a 5% ejection fraction. Yippee....Not!
|

replied May 1st, 2005
Anonymous
Dizziness
I had my gb removed 12 years ago. I went through severe pain for about 5 years. Nausea, vomiting dizzyness. The works. My dizzyness was caused by a gaulstone that got lodged in my bile duct. It was a size of a large marble.

5 years after my gb surg. I went through the same symptoms. Went to er and they found 4 more gaulstones....I was told that I am a stone maker. I didn't have my gb anymore...So, they went in and got them out. So far it has been 7 years and no more episodes. I am waiting though. Lol
but I did have dizzy spells when I had a gaulstone caught in my bile duct. Btw, at the initial surg, they removed 33 gaulstones.
|

replied July 11th, 2005
Anonymous
Dizziness
Whew! Thank goodness I found this site! I too am being checked for gallbladder problems and the dizziness is worse than the upper right quadrant pain. What is the answer???
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
I was wondering if anyone had any updates to this topic? I've been suffering from dizziness for the past two years with no cause found. I also have pressure under my right side ribs, but no real pain, just uncomfortable and would love to find a solution.
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
Anonymous
Dizziness
Hello,

yes, I had terrible dizziness when I was passing stones. I became so lightheaded that I had to fight passing out. I think this was cuased by a spike in my blood pressure. I had my gb out a little more thana month ago and 100% back to normal!
|

replied December 7th, 2005
Anonymous
Gallbladder Answer
I have an answer for all of you that have gallbladder problems. There is doctor in centerville ohio named dr paul fulk. He is a genius. Do your best to save your gallbladder because without it, the liver has to do all the work. You really do need your gallbladder. It serves a very important function in the body. This doctor is a kinesiologist and a chiropractor. I usually don't go onto these forums but I would be robbing a lot of good people some very valuable information that you all need to know, so I could not ignore it. If you are tired of feeling sick and tired of being in pain, call dr paul fulk at 937-434-8066. I promise you that he has the answers for you. If this is too much for you to do, the next best thing is to go to your health food store and get a product called "a-f betafood". It is made by standard process. It actually dilutes the bile and it will get your gallbladder back to health in no time. I am not trying to promote this doctor. My motives are pure. I just happen to be one of the lucky patients that got my life saved by this man. I promise you that you will not be sorry. He can dilute gall stones or kidney stones within a few weeks and without any pain. You will never know that you had them when you are done. This is the cheapest way to getting healthy. Stop letting the stupid medical doctors poison you with drugs and stop the surgery. They are not fixing your problem by taking out your gallbladder, they are just making a whole new set of problems.
Thanks for taking the time to read this information. Whatever you decide to do, I hope that you get better. I am just a patient that recovered and am trying to give a little back to help someone else.
Here's to your good health. Please let me know if any of you pursue this way and let me know your results. I will be very interested to hear.
Feel free to email me if you need anymore information. If you are interested in talking with me then email me and I will give you my phone number so that we can talk.
Cindy hadfield
|

replied December 8th, 2005
I bet to differ here. Your body can cope very well without a gallbladder. It just stores excess bile. Without it the bile just goes straight from your liver into your stomach to cope with the fat in food.
|

replied December 9th, 2005
anonymous wrote:
i bet to differ here. Your body can cope very well without a gallbladder. It just stores excess bile. Without it the bile just goes straight from your liver into your stomach to cope with the fat in food.

and what if you gave up fat food? And that bile is in your stomach all the time? What does that mean for my digestion? I am so afraid to get fat, especially now when i've been told not to work out for two months.
|

replied December 12th, 2005
Gallbladder
You have probably been talking to medical doctors which would explain your reasoning. Medical doctors are trained to do two things and two things only. 1) prescribe medicines which make you sicker and 2) cut out what is bothering you. If the bolt that was holding the engine in your car was rusted and you cut it out, would that solve the problem? Stop listening to medical doctors. They are the reason for this forum in the first place. They don't know how to cure and that is why there are so many frustrated patients.
But it is your loss.
|

replied December 13th, 2005
anonymous wrote:
i was wondering if anyone had any updates to this topic? I've been suffering from dizziness for the past two years with no cause found. I also have pressure under my right side ribs, but no real pain, just uncomfortable and would love to find a solution.

i posted above, and have since had a hida scan which found 9%, the doc tells me 60% is normal and he is going to take out my gallbladder on thur. I asked if he thought the gallbladder had anything to do with my dizziness and he didn't think so but asked if I get dizzy after eating, which I do. He said it's possible then. Obviously he doesn't have a clue about the dizziness but at least they found something that isn't working right. Every other test i've had done comes back perfectly normal.
|

replied December 14th, 2005
"and what if you gave up fat food? And that bile is in your stomach all the time? What does that mean for my digestion? I am so afraid to get fat, especially now when i've been told not to work out for two months."

you liver produces the bile when you eat fat, so if you dont eat as much fat, your liver wont produce as much. Having your gallbladder removed will not make you fat. The only reason you put on weight following surgery, is that you can eat the food you couldnt before.

In reply about medical drs. They are highly trained & are there for a reason, not to be ignored. Yes sometimes they cannot help, but most of the time they treat people very adaquately!
|

replied December 15th, 2005
anonymous wrote:
"the only reason you put on weight following surgery, is that you can eat the food you couldnt before.

not true. I have a list of forbidden foods. No french fries, no burgers, no chocolate, ice-cream, shall I go on? I am not eating food that I ate before. I will probably eat more and less healthy when time passes, but never again will I eat a completely unhealthy (and useless) meal.
|
Quick Reply