Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

No Uterus - Is Pregnency Still Possible? .....scared (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey,

i am 17 and was born with no uterus, cervix of fallopian tubes. But I still get really paranoid about getting pregnant. I'm on aleese.....And I guess you could say that having no uterus is like having a historectomy. But lately i've been feeling really sick, and tired and my brests hurt really bad whenever anything comes into contact with them. I know these are all signs of being pregnant.... What do you think? :(
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MSFLORIDA
|

replied January 8th, 2005
Experienced User
I am almost positive you cannot get pregnant w/o a uterus. What could be causing your symptoms might be a cyst on one of your ovaries. If I misunderstood and you don't have ovaries sorry. You might want to go to the doctor to be checked out.

Meghan
|

replied January 9th, 2005
Experienced User
No there is no way sorry!!!
|

replied January 10th, 2005
Experienced User
I dont see how it would be possible becuz the baby is in your uterus....
|

replied January 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It all depends. Do you still have ovaries? And is there any connection between the vagina and the ovaries? If there is merely just continuous tissue where the crevix should normally be, then you simply can not get pregnant. Because the sperm would have to somehow reach the egg that was released from the ovaries.

And even if this happened, it would have to implant somewhere. And anything other then the uterus or a small part of the fallopian tubes is rather inhospitable to implantation.
|

replied January 21st, 2005
I am sorry but there is no way that you can get pregnant.Where would you carry the baby.You can have your eggs planted in someone else's uterus and they can carry the baby for you like a surrogate.Did you ever see the movie"the arlette sweltzer story"?
|

replied May 26th, 2005
Heya I don't really no much but I no you have nothing 2 worry about! You definatly cant get pregnant as you need 2 have falopean tubes 4 the overies to travel through in the first place and they have2have somewhere for them 2 go! Ie uterus which u dont have)
with the whole breasts hurting etc it might just be hormones ...You should maybe go see a doctor if it worries you! I don't really no my self but u should try looking 4 any odd lumps4 breast cancer ...And get them checked out I dnt want 2 alarm you but its better safe then sorry hope I have helped xxx
|

replied June 8th, 2005
Pregnancy W/no Uterus
I would like to know too if this is possible, I had my uterus removed a few years back because of edometriosis had lots of tissue through out my body bad pains etc., but now it is wierd because I am goin through all symptoms of pregnancy and have movement I have been pregnant 6 times before so I know what it feels like. What do you think?
|

replied June 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Am 17 and was born with no uterus, cervix of fallopian tubes. But I still get really paranoid about getting pregnant. I'm on aleese.....And I guess you could say that having no uterus is like having a historectomy. But lately i've been feeling really sick, and tired and my brests hurt really bad whenever anything comes into contact with them. I know these are all signs of being pregnant.... What do you think? :(

she has no uterus cervix or fallopian taubes, no pregnancy can occur
|

replied June 30th, 2005
No Uterus
If that was the case, we'd see a lot of pregnant men!!!
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Re: No Uterus - Is Pregnency Still Possible? .....scared
Skip wrote:
Hey,

i am 17 and was born with no uterus, cervix of fallopian tubes. But I still get really paranoid about getting pregnant. I'm on aleese.....And I guess you could say that having no uterus is like having a historectomy. But lately i've been feeling really sick, and tired and my brests hurt really bad whenever anything comes into contact with them. I know these are all signs of being pregnant.... What do you think? Sad

i feel that i may be my breast size went up two cups sizes and they hurt but i dont no how to find out everyone thinks iam crazy
|

replied July 16th, 2007
Re: Pregnancy W/no Uterus
Lady_Chariss wrote:
I would like to know too if this is possible, I had my uterus removed a few years back because of edometriosis had lots of tissue through out my body bad pains etc., but now it is wierd because I am goin through all symptoms of pregnancy and have movement I have been pregnant 6 times before so I know what it feels like. What do you think?

i think you might be if you know what its like to be then you should look into it good luck. i am going though the same thing i think i may be too.
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Please refer to http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic60471. html for information on hysterectomies and pregnancy.
|

replied December 24th, 2008
From a registered nurse.
The nurse's advice:
First of all, you only need ONE functioning ovary attached to a fallopian tube. If you don't have a uterus, or fallopian tubes, it is impossible to get pregnant, or even to have a ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy in the fallopian tube). Is your vagina a blind pouch, or is it open at the abdominal end? If it is blind, there is absolutely no way to get pregnant. If it's open, the sperm might find it's way to an egg, but there would be nowhere to implant. The zygote would die. No worries! Infact, you don't need to be on Birth Control pills, but always use a condom to protect against STIs!
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
Thank you, that was very helpful. I have everything but my uterus and seems like there are times when I feel like I am pregnant and know I can't carry a baby and then I "bleed" lightly for a few days. I have been checked but they say everything is ok. Just weird.
|

replied September 10th, 2009
no uterus or cervix
wish i could say no but ummmmmmm im pregnate and i had a partial historectomy how ever i still have both overies and tubes so i can sit here and say i know better
|

replied June 5th, 2012
did you take a normal pregnacy test to find out if you were pregnant cuz i have most of the symtoms also so how do i find out can i just buy a test???
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
Thanks, I think this helps a lot of women know they are not crazy and that it's not just in their heads.
|

replied October 12th, 2009
Can I carry a baby with no uterus r cervix?
OMG...Thank you for your post...I had a partial w uterus and cervix removed...have tubes and overies left, however I have had 5 pregnancys and know what the early signs are. I feel pregnant..goin t doc on Fri...keep ya posted
|

replied January 26th, 2010
getting pregnant without a uterus
whatever God allows that what it is will be. With God all things are possible.
|

replied April 9th, 2011
I say amen to that, God is the one who can create something from nothing..I too have lost my uterus, ovaries, and tubes but am feeling pregnant and growing bigger. i am going to the doctor the 25th of this month and pray I am pregnant
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
AMEN! I believe that as well.
|

replied July 18th, 2010
no uterine pregnancy
i am seriously hoping there is a way to have a baby of my own as in australia surrogacy is not really an option and I lost my uterus to Cancer
|

replied July 21st, 2010
i dont think so, bcoz my uterus small in size and my doctor said it is hard to get pregnency to me but god(doctor) is great may it happen
|

replied August 17th, 2010
signs of pregancy w/o a uterus
i have all the signs of being pregant as well but i had a partial hysteroctomy but i still have my overies . I also had a tubial but i found out that just because you have a tubial does not mean that it is for surely burned off... The doctor says that it is a one and million chance that i could be but i am not sure about that after reading all of your stories and i have been pregant twice before. But i would still really like to know if i would be able to keep a baby to full term though?????
|
12 >>