Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Vaginal Wetness

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am 24 years old and I have a lot of vaginal wetness. I had a baby 4 years ago, the problem seemed to have started after that. I have to wear pantyliners every day and I change them twice a day. It is quite uncomfortable. Is this normal?? Any solutions??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper miyavi
|

replied October 27th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Wetness is pretty normal. Some women have it more than others. There is a vagisil cream cleanser that helps wetness. Its pretty easy and you can find it at target or other stores. Hope I helped!
|

replied April 14th, 2005
Unsolvable Problem?
I'm 19 and during intercourse my
vagina gets abnormally wet, to the point of
feeling nothing at all for either me or my boyfriend.

I have been trying to find answers but it seems everyone is saying
its normal...But it totally ruins my sex life. I know
there is no odor or unusual discoloration, however
it's just so excessive. Even if I dont let myself
get excited it still continues.

I reccently went to the gynecologist and I was considered heealthy..I
even asked her about this problem and she said it was normal...
Trust me it is not normal.

I have been searching all over the internet and I feel like no one else really has this problem...

What can I do?
|

replied October 2nd, 2011
too wet
I have this same issue... still no answers yet. If I find some I'll reply again, but YOUR NOT ALONE! =)
|

replied November 14th, 2011
There are numerous options, but few realistic ones. Here are some common things couples try (including some old wives tales) & comments about their effectiveness.

1) Anything that dries up the mouth. In general, if it dries the mouth, then it will also affect the vagina somewhat. Examples would be decongestants, antihistamines, cold formulas, certain antidepressants, alcohol, cigarettes, & marijuana. While these may work to some degree, wetness & corresponding tightness levels are not controllable, not to mention that a dry mouth is not as tasty during kissing & is more conductive to bad breath due to lack of saliva.

2) Try an Alum Douche. We heard of this, but know any doctor recommending it. Alum acts to contract walls of vagina, but can be irritating & cause yeast infections. There no way to judge how long it will last nor a way to control the extent of tightening

3) Use a ribbed condom or penis sleeve. Excess wetness remains a problem with or without a condom. Penis sleeves help the man feel more, but tends to numb the woman vagina after a few minutes, making her uncomfortable.

4) Douche with plain water. This has some impact by reducing the amount of natural lubrication, but the effect tends to vanish as the woman arousal increases, resulting in secretion of even more lubrication.

5) Insert a sponge or cloth. One of the more embarrassing techniques as it must be done intermittently. Couples find this a big turn off. The technique though, is to wrap a thin sheet/towel around a couple of fingers. Insert the fingers to soak up vaginal wetness. Proceed with intercourse. Repeat as necessary. While this method does work, re-entry of vagina is difficult & painful because this method absorbs ALL the lubrication. Within a few minutes however, as arousal increases again, there will once again be too much wetness. With this method, there is no way of controlling the desired level of wetness & tightness.

6) Use of a fan blowing on the genital area. Not a practical solution, as it primarily results in making the couple cold, while having little impact on internal vaginal secretions.

7) Use of birth control pills. An old wives tale without any validity.

Cool Repositioning her body. Certain positions, such as closing of the legs, act to tighten the vagina, but unless the man has a longer than average penis, he will find it far less satisfying due to shallower penetration.

9) Insert an ice cube into the vagina to cause muscle contraction. Another old wives tale, not to mention the obvious discomfort.

10) Vaginal Cones. Very similar in concept to kegal exercises. The idea here is to exercise the vaginal muscles by holding an object inside the vagina by flexing the interior muscles. Increasingly heavier weights can be placed inside. The theory is sound, but females have a difficult time staying on this type of program long enough to be of benefit, not to mention that like any muscle, if it is not continually worked, it will lose its strength. The other disadvantage is that to be of benefit during intercourse, the female must consciously flex her interior muscles, thus taking away from her ability to relax & enjoy the act of intercourse itself.

11) Creams. There are a couple of these on the internet now being marketed under many different names. If you already suffer from excess wetness, adding a cream to the existing problem is not going to help. Manufacturers say the creams have a tightening effect on the vagina within 15-30 minutes, but evidence shows that any NOTICEABLE tightening effects is minimal to none. Application of the cream to the interior walls of the vagina is difficult, embarrassing & must be properly timed to correspond with intercourse. Some of the creams contain benzocaine, alum or Vaseline, none of which are recommended for being inserted into the vagina. To check out more on these creams, look on the internet under vaginal tightening.

12) Absorb Shun natural powder. Is an all-natural powder that either the man or woman can apply to the man penis. It is simple & quick to use, & has a noticeable moisture absorbing effect within 1-2 minutes. The more powder used, the more absorption, thus allowing the couple to find (and control) their most preferred moisture & tightness level.

Whatever option you choose, you should look for a solution that is satisfactory for both partners. Finding the right level of lubrication can lead to greater sexual pleasure, more frequent sex, & a closer relationship between partners.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
vaginal wetness during menopause
I am well into menopause according to my doctor, but am experiencing a constant wetness with a slight ting of spotting in it causeing me to always where a pad. the wetness especially occurs when I should bend down or squat, and during my sleep. I am on a menopause supplement permpro .45 - 1.5 MG prescribed by my doctor which has helped eliminate heavy spot beeding. it is really effecting my sex life as my partner is not circumsized. I thought I should be lacking the wetness as menopause sets in. What is causing it, I know it is not urine as it does not have the order of urine. What can I do to fix this issue?
|

replied May 11th, 2009
vaginal wetness during menopause
What is funny about it...I thought menopuase is suppose ellimate the wetness and it is feaking annoying that it hasen't.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul