Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Hair Loss

Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
I had a hysterectomy in july. I have been having significant hair loss for the last 2 months. I am not on any replacement theraphy as I am having almost no side effects. Does anyone have any ideas to help stop the hair loss? I am worried about developing bald spots.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
I had hair loss 3 years after my hysterectomy. I still am not 100% on what caused it but this is what I came up with. I was on estrogen and had decided I didn't need it (it had caused weight gain and I couldn't seem to get the pounds off.) two months after I quit taking the estrogen my hair was falling out. I had 3 patches that were very noticable. I ended up having to buy a hair piece as I was completely bald from my forehead to the crown of my head. I was devestated!!! I had lost my weight finally - but I had lost my hair too! After hitting a deadend with my family physician and gynocologist I went to a dermatologist. She gave me a cream that I put on my scalp 2x/day. Within two weeks my hair was coming in. Now I also went back on a "natural" hormone replacement - and grateful I did! I can sleep at nights again and mood swings have vanished! I haven't been able to locate the cream to give you a name but if you are still having problems, reply back and I will call and find out what it was.
|

replied January 7th, 2010
Hair Loss
Please can you let me know what the hair replacement cream is called. I too am experiencing bad hair loss and weight gain...I start a new job next month and I am worried I am going to be fat and bald, but I need to be confident and dynamic. I had a baby 4 months ago, so I realise some hair loss is to be expected, but you can now see my scalp through my hair, and I feel fat frumpy and very unfeminine! Please help!
|

replied February 25th, 2010
I would like to know the name of the cream also.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Stress is very common after a Hysterectomy...Along with this comes hair loss...Try to ignore it...You will be fine....Take care...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile