Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Does Pulling Out Work? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I had sex with my ex girlfriend for over 2 years at least 3 times a week and I have never used a condum. I pull out before I come. I must be doing something right. Anyway I believe it does work if you do it right. It's good because, I don't have to use a condum because it feels bad for me and my girlfriend, I don't care about stds since i'm exclusively having sex with one person and they haven't given me an std so I know that they don't have one. I think that the probabilities that they teach you in school are purposely increased to scare you into not having sex. Isn't usually difficult for couples to even have a baby? Like people try to have kids and it takes them a long time so how is a little precum that is gonna die half way down my girlfriends vagina going to work....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2005
Community Volunteer
No pulling out does not work, it is ok for couples who don't mind if they get pregnant but aren't planning it right away.

The precum is not neccessarily half way down the vagina but right up at the top by the cervix.

Yes some couples do have trouble concieving but usually there is an underlying cause and not every woman ovulates every month.
What about the poor girls who get raped and get pregnant hmmm?

To say you don't care about std's is just insane.

Nothing is made up to scare people into not having sex but to educate them to do it sensibly.

For goodness sake if you both don't want to use a condom then get advice on maybe her taking the birth control pill or patch, don't leave it to chance any longer unless you are prepared to take the responsibility and costs of being a parent!
|

I would get birth control or whatever if I knew where to get it, it's not to far from where I live since I can't drive yet, and there was no way of either of our parents finding out.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Look in the phone book for planned parenthood or a general health clinic might have it.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
If you are scared of your parents finding out I really suggest you find a way to get some birth control, cuz if she gets pregnant they are sure gonna find out hon!

Condoms are easy to get a hold of at any convenience store or service station.
If she is 16 or older then she can go on the birth control pill/patch etc without parental consent.

I'm sorry but personally I think it is silly to take such a risk because you can't be bothered to find out where you can get birth control from.

Just asking but what would you do if she got pregnant?
|

Experienced User
Pulling out does not work. Sure, it's better to pull out than to cum in your partner, but no way is it safe. It's more like playing russian roulette with only one bullet in the gun instead of 4 or 5.

No form of birth control is 100% effective, but pulling out is one of the least effective. If you think they increase the statistics just to scare you, before long you'll be the proud father of one of those statistics.

The best thing for you to do is go to planned parenthood and talk to them. They will give you good advice and it's all confidential.
|

Experienced User
Re: Does Pulling Out Work?
forsaken1234 wrote:
i had sex with my ex girlfriend for over 2 years at least 3 times a week and I have never used a condum. I pull out before I come. I must be doing something right. Anyway I believe it does work if you do it right.

are you crazy? Well no, you're not doing anything right, you're just lucky buddy. Ok seriously do you know how many teens get pregnant a year due to the infamous "pull out method?". It doesnt work. The only reason why your girlfriend hasn't gotten pregnant yet is because you're lucky. Seriously, your pre-cum will get her pregnant eventually, I can almost garauntee that. It's been two years and she's still not pregnant. Well i've been with my boyfriend for two years and two months and the pull out method didn't get me pregnant until the second year. So there you go, you just beat me by a year. But seriously you need to start wearing condoms wether or not you or your girlfriend have std's. There is no "specific" or "right" way to use the pull out method. It has failed on many couples. And eventually it'll fail on you if you don't start using some kind of protection.
|

Extremely eHealthy
"forsaken," we have a name for people like you. We call them "daddy."
|

replied January 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Ha ha honestly I read the name of the post and I laughed out loud my dad was like what is so funny. Duh I got preggy on that non-method
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Seriously dude did u just ask does pulling out really work?? No it doesnt work!!!!!!!!! Do you know how many people get preggy off precum!?!?!?.. The only reason you havent got your girlfriend preggy is because of extremely good luck!!! Use protection b4 she really does get preggy!!!
|

Experienced User
Me and my ex used the pull out mwthod for 3 1/2 years... I didn't get pregnant by him... Soon as he broke up with me he knocked his new girl up and then I got knocked up by my new bf... Sometimes it works... But then again it just doesn't....
|

If my girlfriend got pregnant, I would see if she could get an abortion. Don't try to argue morals to me, it just won't work. If I couldn't get that i'd see if she'd put it up for adoption. If all else fails then i'd have to help support her and take care of the baby.
|

Well this is my opinion.. If your so responsible about sex.. I think if she got preggy.. You should take care of your responsibilities... Instead of running from them.. :?
|

Extremely eHealthy
forsaken1234 wrote:
if my girlfriend got pregnant, I would see if she could get an abortion. Don't try to argue morals to me, it just won't work. If I couldn't get that i'd see if she'd put it up for adoption. If all else fails then i'd have to help support her and take care of the baby.

what a boyfriend you are. You would see if she could get an abortion? So now you are using abortion as a form of birthcontrol. Christ, get up early one morning and go get her on the pill, please. That way, you wont have to worry about getting her an abortion, and we wont have to worry about a baby being brought up by you!
|

Experienced User
Damright, sara, I agree with you 100%. I was gonna say pretty much the same thing. Plus I was gonna say he better start packing his wallet cuz one way or another he's gonna be laying out some $$$. I thought about saying i'm sure glad he's not my bf, but then it dawned on me i'd never have a guy like him for a bf or even a friend. :lol:
|

Exactly sarah!!! If you think the "method" is such a handy dandy tool.. Atleast go get her on the patch or pill.. B4 the so called "method" fails you!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Im glad you agree girls! Geesh.....All because his poor weenie doesnt like the way a condom feels....Grow up!
|

Lmao!
|

replied January 5th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Lmao sarah...Omg u go girl :lol:
|

replied November 11th, 2009
I really hate guys who think that its ok to ask your girlfriend to get an abortion.. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO HER TO TAKE THAT BABY OUT??? Not to mention the fact that you're killing a child, but we won't get into morals here. I want you to go and look up what an abortion is and then ask yourself...would you let someone do that to you?! GET SOME BIRTH CONTROL.
|
12 >>