Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Questions

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Im new to all this so I just had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me

1. We get to hear the baby's hearbeat at the next drs appt but I was wondering if they'd be able to tell then if there was more than one because it is both df and my turn to have twins

2. I also wanted to know when exactly we gt to find out what we are having I cant remember what month they said

there were more questions but I forgot ... Oh wel if I remember i'll post them

thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Im not sure about the heartbeat question....But I know they can tell the sex as early as like 16 weeks I believe but thats not absolutely positive....I think the best time to find out the sex is between 20-28 weeks...Good luck
|

Extremely eHealthy
If you have twins, the doppler can detect that. As for the sex, that's done with ultrasound imaging, which is typically done around week 18-22.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Heart beats can determine twins so they may be able to tell you then but cant confirm it will they do an ultrasound.. Have you had one yet? I found out sex at 18 weeks 16 is too early
|

Active User, very eHealthy
You mean twins come in .T.U.R.N.S????? So if someone had twins 3 years ago in my family, its my turn for twins???? Wow...

Heart beats depend. I heard my first sons at 12 and my second at 16. Some hear it as early as 8.

Gender they can tell anytime pretty much after 18 weeks but sometimes as early as 16 weeks
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
They usually come in generations
|

Experienced User
I heard my baby's heartbeat at 9 weeks :) the doctor seemed pretty surprised we could hear it.

For the twins, I would think that since the heartbeat is so fast...It would be hard to hear two different heart beats. For sure they will be able to tell when you go for the ultrasound. :)

good luck
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah average is 10 weeks
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I tried at 8 weeks and it was no good
|

Experienced User
It was such a wonderful experience. I wish I could have one of those monitors at home. Just to hear the heart beat.

I go for my first ultrasound on thursday. I'll probably want to take that machine home too :p hehe
|