Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Hole Above Anus? Normal? (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Ok - I am sure this is going to sound odd...

I have a small hole above my anus. Well, nto right above it - but allllllmost at the very top of the butt crack. It is a small hole, but still a hole. You can not see into it or anyhting, but you can tell its a hole.

But the thing is at times it bleeds, other times it puts out like a clear liquid that has some blood in it. Does not happen all the time - its random when it happens, and only usually happens for a very short time (like after I clean it up it stops). But there are times when I am stiing down and it hurts. The pain can be slight, or pretty bad.

I have searched the web for info on this - but have found nothing at all. I am kinda embarrassed to go to a doctor with this - but I feel I am almost out of options at this point.

Has anybody seen this before? Any advice on what it is or anything?

And yes, I am a male.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Aurelia
|
Users who thank Hank for this post: AmrKng  JustAGirl83 

replied January 10th, 2005
Yea.. I have the exact same thing.. After a little more seaching on the net I think it is called a fistula. Look it up on google. I will probably wait a little while and if it doesn't heal up then ill go see a doctor about it.
|

replied April 12th, 2012
im a 21 year old from hull university for years Ive been searching for other people with this condition. I no longer have to feel alone I'd love to meet up with others and discuss life with two holes!

PS I was wondering if anyone has experimented sexually with both their holes?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
this condtion is called pilonidal caused by natal clefts treatment is there ,pls consult a surgeon
|

replied May 30th, 2012
A fistula is it! I have one too and I thought I was the only one! I've never met anyone else who has one and no one has ever talked about it with me (or vise versa).
|

replied June 13th, 2013
It is called a Sacral Dimple. I have had this all of my life. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but sometimes if the area gets moist it can sting and sometimes bleed [very small amount]. Doctor told me it is seen mostly in males. I am a female. It is a deep indentation in the skin totally separate from the crack of the butt...and is just above it. As with any area of the body that holds moisture it is prone to yeast infections...keep area dry try using some antibiotic ointment or cream to treat. Hope this helps.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
It is called a Sacral Dimple. I have had this all of my life. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but sometimes if the area gets moist it can sting and sometimes bleed [very small amount]. Doctor told me it is seen mostly in males. I am a female. It is a deep indentation in the skin totally separate from the crack of the butt...and is just above it. As with any area of the body that holds moisture it is prone to yeast infections...keep area dry try using some antibiotic ointment or cream to treat. Hope this helps.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
|

replied January 23rd, 2005
Re: Hole
Not sure if you guys will be coming back to this site but i'll post anyway... I found your thread when looking for answers for myself. I too have the same thing. It started (i guess) about four days ago and my butt was itching (sorry), then I was doing some house cleaning downstairs and was like wait, what, no, whatthe hell,. I believe that it is a fistula but am going to call the doc first thing on monday as these usually require surgery. I was wondering what your diets consist of, do they include a lot of dairy and have you been constipated at all latley? Do you drink lots of water? Not to be gross but are yours both about the size of a pencil eraser??? I started freakin out I didn't know what the heck was going on...Anyway any help would be great to know & if you went to the doc - what didi he say?
|
Users who thank kkling for this post: AmrKng  JustAGirl83 

replied January 24th, 2005
Upon further ressearch, one nurse thinks it might be a pilonidal cyst or sinus caused from prolonged periods of sitting and basically it's an ingrown hair that must be cut out... I am going to the doc tomorrow morninng & i'll let you know...
|

replied February 4th, 2005
Any Answers?
I have a hole above my anus too, its been there from birth.
Any ideas what it its? Ive got a daughter thats 4 months and shes got 1 but not as deep as mine. Mine gets fluff and hair in it, and sum time it has slight blood if I use a cotton bud to clean it
|

replied November 10th, 2011
A small piece of advise
Its called fistula . Oh , just a small piece of advise . DO NOT USE A COTTON BUD TO SCRATCH , PLAY , TICKLE , CLEAN OR PUT INTO THE HOLE . Trust me on this bro , coz my best friend has it to and his doctor told him the same thing . Anyway ,hope u recover soon and we become friends . Have a good day , bro .
|

replied February 4th, 2005
I went to the doctor and the have put me on antibiotics and I have just finished the dosage today..The discharging has stopped and the hole appears to be getting smaller. I go back in for re-check on the 18th, feb 05 for them to see "how it's doing"..They didn't say what it was - so i'm still kinda in the dark. I have purchased insurance just in case..I avoided the pre-existing condition part cause I went to a separate doctor that normal and they'll have a hard time finding out. I don't ever remember it being there before, but I may have dismissed it cause it wasn't leaking or anything. They did say that it might have just been an infection from have sweat build up down there, I do sit alot for my job and they said theat may be a cause for it..I will post again upon next visit..
|

replied May 8th, 2005
Painless Hole Above Anus With White Discharge
I have looked and looked all over and I have not found anything that is quite like the problem my boyfriend has. Ryan was the closest.
My boyfriend has a small (eraser sized) hole above his anus. It is painless and does not bleed. It does discharge a milky white fluid. The discharge has a foul smell. He says he thinks he has had it his whole life. He thought everyone had one. The fistula thread was interesting. He has dark, course hair. But, like I said. His hole is totally painless at all times. He also says that his bowl movements are normal. Please, if you have any information, share it with us. Is this genetic? Is it dangerous? Is it fixable? What kind of doctor should he see?
|
Users who thank Aurelia for this post: AmrKng 

replied May 8th, 2005
to Aurelia...
To all actually...
After seeing one doctor and not liking their treatment I decided to see another who's been practicing since 78...Well turns out - it was exactly what I told the first doctor I thought it was...Stupid rookie....
Diagnosis:
anyway, my (new) doc diagnosed it as a pilonidal sinus. They are not dangerous/contagious/life threatening/etc. He recommended that it be left alone unless it should be become bothersome (ie: multiple infections or pain).
Operation/treatment:
i went to my new general physician his cost to eliminate is est at $700+/- us (this was his est. For an in house operation). They simply cut the hole out and sew it back up. I personally opted out on that, but to each is own. If left alone (after infection treated) the skin within will toughen similar to our outer skin and become resistant to any problems. It seems that these are fairly common (about 1 of 100 people get them - mostly men) and usually take preference to men with thick/abundant hair in the region. I'm no ape but the hair is thick.
Symptoms:
if there is a discharge you probably have a minor infection which can be treated with anitbiotics (at least that worked for me & haven't had any problems since), usually the cause of the infection is due to an ingrown (or otherwise) hair. If you have further questions please feel free to post as I think this link will eventually help eliminate alot of unneeded stress in others lives. Now i'm not saying that I am right about anyone who has symptoms of this as i'm not a doctor. I'm only going by my own experiences.
Possible other diagnosis:
anal fistula - tunnel or tract which is trying to connect between intestine and buttock.
Fissure - usually on or near anus opening -very small.
Pilonidal cyst - usually same hole with noticable pain caused by cyst or other abscess.
Causes for sinus:
generally unknown but typical patient has thick or abundant hair, prolonged sitting periods or lack of blood flow to that region.
Other:
generally has little to do with bowl movements and/or diet, however a diet high in fiber helps with the "flow" of things, if you know what I mean.

I hope you found this helpful and would advise you see a doc just to confirm our research. I wouldn't get worked up though since there's no pain - it's likely the same as here. Rest easy & good day!
|

replied May 8th, 2005
I think you finally figured out what is wrong with my boyfriend. It is very similar to what you described. Please check out this website. It is very informative and professional. I am only dismayed that it was so hard to find. I googled and googled. I finally gave up and went to altavista. That eventually led me to pilonidal sinus.

Http://www.Pilonidal.Org/

we will be off to the doctor as soon as the insurance is settled. There are some highly recommended doctors in this area, but there also seems to be a lot of quackery.
Thank you so much for sharing this information. I am really sorry that you have this disease, it seems to be very bothersome, but knowledge is power. I was very worried about this mystery illness. At least now we can be proactive about caring for this condition. Please keep us posted on your medical progress. Good luck!
|

replied November 10th, 2011
To. Aurelia
Dont worry , Aurelia . your boyfriend wil be fine . I know because my classmate which is also my best friend had this same problem about two weeks ago . His is now already half way healed . He went and checked with a doctor at the hospital which got himself a very minor surgery only . The doctor knocked him out with by injecting chloroform and only cleaned the hole deep inside and also outside of course to disinfect it . My friend has to go to the doctor quite often for now to change the gose and cotton which the doctor had inserted into the hole the suck the blood and white liquid from the hole to prevent it from infecting . Oh , just to inform u . This hole is not dangerous and is a small isue that has a few action's to be taken . One of the action is very easy which is taking your boyfriend to the hospital to see a profesional doctor . So dont worry , and hope for the best . I hope your boyfriend heals soon . Have a good day . Hope we become good friends too . ;-D
|

replied May 8th, 2005
Re: Website
I too eventually found that site....Just a heads up for you and your boyfriend, are you getting insurance just for the ps? Or for peace of mind? Just curious as the cost of a doctors visit is typically only around $75 and he is likely going to tell you the same thing. These sinuses aren't a disease it's just something that happens, kinda like a wart or whatnot. Basically what doc said was...Unless it becomes painful or continued infection it's just something you live with and just to keep the area hair free (or at least as much as possible) - but hey as I said - to each is own - ----------by the way is your bf in the age bracket of 20-30? ----------

that website you also found scared the hell out of me with all the cyst talk and recurring problems - what a pain in the arse. Literally.
As far as continued treatment - I plan not to bother it unless it bothers me. I tend to follow the slogan "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" he also said to k
|

replied May 14th, 2005
If It Ain't Broke
My boyfriend has had this hole for over ten years. It never really bothered him, it thought it was totally normal and that everyone had one. It seems, however, that ignorance is bliss. I was worried about it because I know that it is not something that everyone has. So I got pro-active and looked it up and basically diagnosed it . . . And now it is really bothering him. For the first time. It is oozing a lot and it is causing him pain. So we will have to do something. Rationally I know that the discovery of the cause of the hole did not cause it to become a problem, but it sure is more than a little odd that it becomes a problem now.
About the insurance, we are getting married next year and we became domestic partners last christmas, and my work will just cover him. So that is not a financial burden. It is looking like this is going to require an operation and so I am glad that we will be covered.
Finally, he is 29 - fits the age bracket, does not it? Also, he had a doctor look at it initally - he things that the cyst and sinus may be a result of a serious fall he took a few years ago - and the doctor said it was only a bruise - but this was in iran. So to those of you who are concerned, get a second opinion before it becomes a problem. Good luck!
|

replied November 20th, 2006
I also have the same problem. I actually just posted something on this forum asking anybody if they have the same problem. I'm so glad that I found this thread to at least answer some of the questions I have. I can't diagnose it for sure, i'm not a doctor. But it sure sounds like i've got something similar to this.

Mine started about six months ago (maybe more, i'm not real sure). But its a small hole actually quite a ways above my anus. Its right on the bottom tip of my tailbone. Occaisionally it would bleed, usually after activities of physical exertion, or if I sit on my tailbone and apply pressure to the area. There usually isn't a lot of blood (maybe a tablespoon or two). But if pressure is applied, blood will come out as i've noticed to myself in the bathroom.

At first I was concerned about this, mostly because i'd never heard of this or seen one before. Mostly its annoying, worrying if by sitting improperly i'm causing blood to come out and possibly ruining my pants (embarassing).

I highly doubt it is a fistula, too high above the anus for that. But some of the other things mentioned sound reasonable. I guess i'll show the doc and see what he has to say about it.

Thanks y'all
|

replied December 6th, 2006
Any of you ever notice any "stagnent blood" odors (excuse my comparison... But like a used tampon that's been accidently left in the waste basket for 3 days), or any other really bad odors (rotting flesh) coming from it?

Sorry for the embarrasing and bizarre questions; however, given the topic... I don't think any of us here in this topic mind (since our problem is taken as bizarre or strange from most other people)! My brother used to make kidding remarks that i'm a the "a**hole of a**holes", as "i've been blessed w/ two of them!"

btw, I am 29 years old... Suprisingly this age is mentioned in an above post.
|

replied July 15th, 2011
I have always had kind of a sensitive spot near my tailbone. It would become annissue, usually, only when doing sit-ups on hard floors for example. Just yesterday, after starting a second very physical job, it started becoming quite painful. Without going into detail, I'll say that I looked and discovered this little hole (about the size of a....headphone jack, I guess) just below my tailbone. Obviously, this makes it very uncomfortable to sit down, and even bend over sometimes.
Now....the freakiest part is, I just turned 29 last month! This is really odd, and I will be getting it checked out asap. Thank you for all of the useful info.
|

replied September 8th, 2011
Ok this is just getting weird. I signed up just so I could post this.

I have the same problem.... and I was also 29 when this started happening. Been dealing with it for 6-8 months, just turned 30 a couple weeks ago.
|

replied July 15th, 2011
I have always had kind of a sensitive spot near my tailbone. It would become annissue, usually, only when doing sit-ups on hard floors for example. Just yesterday, after starting a second very physical job, it started becoming quite painful. Without going into detail, I'll say that I looked and discovered this little hole (about the size of a....headphone jack, I guess) just below my tailbone. Obviously, this makes it very uncomfortable to sit down, and even bend over sometimes.
Now....the creakiest part is, I just turned 29 last month! This is really odd, and I will be getting it checked out asap. Thank you for all of the useful info.
|

replied June 10th, 2007
well basicly iv got the same thing but the wierd thing about me is iv got 2.theres i close to my tailbone, and theres another like juuuuuuust above my anus. im realy embaressed to go to a doctor so i want to ask 1 thing: those of you that went to see a doctor, did the doctor want to take a look at it? if so then that just makes going to the doctor ten times worse
|

replied June 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
marios wrote:
well basicly iv got the same thing but the wierd thing about me is iv got 2.theres i close to my tailbone, and theres another like juuuuuuust above my anus. im realy embaressed to go to a doctor so i want to ask 1 thing: those of you that went to see a doctor, did the doctor want to take a look at it? if so then that just makes going to the doctor ten times worse

I'm confused... you should want the doctor to look at them! Come on, he's a doctor, he's seen miles of naked man-butt. Yours is no different to him. I'll never understand people's derision towards doctors.
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
marios wrote:

There would be no point in going to the doctor if the doctor did not look at it. Doctors cannot diagnose you with things or treat any health issues you may have if they don't look at you. Going to the doctor might be embarrassing, but welcome to being an adult. Laughing Sometimes we have to let doctors poke around in places that are usually private.
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
this is an old post. please repost your question as a new topic. thanks
|

replied February 16th, 2008
Thanks
I am male-age 17. I have what was described in Kkling's last post in this thread. I just really found out I had it tonight and was freaking out a bit. As stated in Kkling's post-it occurs is hairy males. I am quite hairy for my age-so I assume I fit the profile. It always bleeds, not a lot just if i touch it with a paper towel or something. The only set back is that it itches sometimes-hence how I found out I had it. So if you have this described hole-I'd advise not to worry about it since it has been described as harmless. Thanks so much Kkling for putting my mind at rest. I just wasn't sure what in the world it was and it didn't seem natural, but I guess it is natural.
|

replied February 19th, 2008
Small hole just above rectum.
Wow at one point in my life I thought I was the only person in the world that had this. I was 14 years old at the time I noticed it. I worried myself sick until I was about 25 years old when I told my doctor about it. Basically it's just a small hole that most people were born with, some of us just have a larger one like described in these posts. It will leak sometime. And especially if you sweat alot and do not throughly wash the area it will become irritated and itch. It is better to take a bath than a shower for people with small holes like this, it provides proper cleansing.Also because the skin is very sensitive inside the hole, if you continuosly wipe it with a tissue or towel, it will bleed. So leave it alone. Just make sure you gently wash the area after a heavy sweat. I am now 39 years old and never had it get infected, it never caused me any pain. The only thing is that sometimes if you experience discomfort like an internal itch, you may have hair growing inside the hole, you can easily remove it with a twizzer or your fingertips, it's very odd it's not like pulling a nose hair, it will slide right out of the hole. Those of you that are worried and think you have a rare condition, you don't. I have learned that 1 out of 100 people have the same thing. It's just that people are embarressed to say that they have it.
|

replied December 15th, 2008
well
i to have this ive had it for a while and it hurt so bad at one point u went to the er and had surgery, tonight i noticed blood so im fearing its comming back, and the smelliness of it is back
|
Tags: male, all liquid
Quick Reply