Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

Nasal Bacterial Infection?

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
It's been about 5 weeks since I had a successful septoplasty to repair a damaged septum from a sports related injury. Everything feels about 95% back to normal and healed. However on each side of the inside of my nose I have a great amount of crusting that keeps building up constantly. There is a bit of a yellow tint to the crust and discharge and it has somewhat of a foul smell. Is this normal after a septo?

I am thinking it is probably some sort of baterial infection. I recall having something like that about 10 years ago and I believe they prescribed me an ointment which I believe was called bactroban. Is there anything otc that I can try to remedy this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 13th, 2009
skin infections
can you get skin infections(purulent) from nasal bacteria. Skin infections neede antibiotics to heel
|
Did you find this post helpful?