Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Right Side Pain & More Symptoms (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi all, this is my first post. I am a 27 year old female. I have had a pain in my lower right side for almost 4 weeks now. It is to the lower right of my belly button and also in my side and sometimes even in my right upper leg. I have been to a doctor about 6 days ago with this issue (and some other issues). He has prescribed some antibiotics for a bladder infection. It was finished in about 3 days and the pain is still the same. He also did some blood tests (for my constant fatigue) and a urine sample. I have other symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite, head aches, sore and dry eyes, weight gain, dry mouth, thirst, constipation, etc. At first I suspected appendicitis, but am not sure anymore as the pain comes and goes. It is definitely worse at night. It is not sore when I touch there, but hurts when I cough or sneeze. In the last couple of days the pain is not only in the front but also at the back, probably the kidney area. The doctor also suspected an ectopic or tubal pregnancy, but did not test for such. The pain is not unbearable, but rather uncomfortable and rather worrying. I'd say I get a stabbing pain every 10 to 15 minutes, but no constant pain.

Any suggestions, do you think I should go back to the same doctor or get a second opinion?

Thanks
First Helper User Profile Anonymous
|

replied January 26th, 2005
Anonymous
Belly Pain
I have been having a constant stabbing pain in my right side just below my ribs that doesn't go away. I went to the hospital the other day and they said that I was haveing muscle spasms, and just gave me painkillers.

I am partially paralyzed from the waste down and have trouble with my bladder and my intestines. I have had c-diff twice and had colotis surgery about 4 months ago. I just help in finding out what is wrong with my insides. If you have any ideas about what could be wrong, please e-mail me.
Thanks,
cheryl murray
|

replied January 7th, 2012
chronic appendicitis
I went for the same problems and found out it was chronic appendicitis. My surgeon removed my appendix, repaired my umbilical hernia and removed scar tissue from past surgery. It has now been 5 days after surgery and i am getting stronger and sharper pains in my lower right abdomen and trying to figure out what is wrong now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 4th, 2012
Resent
I am a 25 year old female just had my appendix removed a week ago. I have been feeling better but now out of nowhere today i started getting sharp stabbing pain on my lower left side close to my bottom incision where i have a bruse. The incision is right near my pelvic area. Should i call my doctor or wait to see if it goes away??? Any suggestions?
|

replied April 29th, 2005
Anonymous
Right Side Pain And More Symptoms
Hi, I was just wondering if you found out what the pain in your side was because im 19 and have been getting the exact same in my right side and low in my stomache and back. I also feel realy tired and keep feeling as though im goin to be sick but never actually are. I no this may sound a little daft but I have a phobia of doctors and are too scared to go but the pain is almost unbearable when I get it and it seems worse first thing on a morning. So if you found out what it was can you please let me no as I am really scared. Thanks stacie. :?
|

replied May 17th, 2011
my 11 year old daughter has been having the same symptoms as the 2 of you and the dr can not find what it is...pain from her navel to the right side and gets worse at night and comes and goes...have you had any luck finding anything out?
|

replied May 7th, 2005
Anonymous
Hi I reed that you are 27 I am 49 and feel the same way had back x-rays and urin test also dr told me drink alot of water did you find out what was wrong.
|

replied May 25th, 2005
Anonymous
Right Rib And Right Rear Rib Pains
Aloha:
i am a 52 year old female/have the jabbing knife from back r ribs, under front r ribs, blood in urine on/off, constipated, sick feeling after eating. I started in january 2005 with the pain under the r rib/jabbing was told to eat a blander diet/put on prilosec. In april I had constant stabbing pain that makes you hold your breath when it happens. I also was bleeding heavy and some days nothing, I was also quite constipated. I am a healthy eater of brand, fruits and my 8+ glasses of water daily. Still constipated.
April the doctor did a urine test--showed infection and blood. I got an antibiotic for 5 days was told to come back next day if pain didn't go away. I returned to the doctor a few days later did a urine test, came back with a bladder infection or could be kidney stones with blood in it. I was given an additional antibiotic for 15 days, also had me do an ultrasould--it showed gullstones. I saw the surgeon today 5-25-05 and will remove my gullbladder asap. If you let it go your pancreas/etc could get infected. I hopes this helps. Ill let you know how the surgery is.
|

replied June 16th, 2005
Anonymous
Oww Im In So Much Pain
:( I have pain in my right side on the front and back and I do not have a fever and I drink plenty of fluids daily but this pain is unbearable when I am sitting stanging walking and I feel like I have to go to the bathroom but dont. I had my mom call the docter cause I am only 14 and they said to take some ylenol and I took ibeprofin and no such luck I am in so much pain that I am irritable and I dont no wut to do I feel like I am getting my stomach eating from the inside
please help if you can :(
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Anonymous
Re: Right Side Pain & More Symptoms
Hi, I am a 26 yo male with the exact same symptoms of pain in my side as you had. I saw that several other people also have these symptoms and was wondering what you found out. How are you now?

Thank you so much-

dorian
|

replied August 10th, 2005
newcomer wrote:
hi all, this is my first post. I am a 27 year old female. I have had a pain in my lower right side for almost 4 weeks now. It is to the lower right of my belly button and also in my side and sometimes even in my right upper leg. I have been to a doctor about 6 days ago with this issue (and some other issues). He has prescribed some antibiotics for a bladder infection. It was finished in about 3 days and the pain is still the same. He also did some blood tests (for my constant fatigue) and a urine sample. I have other symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite, head aches, sore and dry eyes, weight gain, dry mouth, thirst, constipation, etc. At first I suspected appendicitis, but am not sure anymore as the pain comes and goes. It is definitely worse at night. It is not sore when I touch there, but hurts when I cough or sneeze. In the last couple of days the pain is not only in the front but also at the back, probably the kidney area. The doctor also suspected an ectopic or tubal pregnancy, but did not test for such. The pain is not unbearable, but rather uncomfortable and rather worrying. I'd say I get a stabbing pain every 10 to 15 minutes, but no constant pain.

Any suggestions, do you think I should go back to the same doctor or get a second opinion?

Thanks
see another doctor straight away
|

replied October 21st, 2005
Anonymous
Pain/fatigue/more Pain
Hello everyone. I am 20 years old. I read that a lot of you have some of the same symptoms I have. Every morning when I wake up my stomache feels sour and it hurts. I can't eat anything but if I drink something I feel a little better. I feel pains on the left and right side of my belly button and a hardness that comes with it. It comes and goes. Also my stomache seems to hurt after everything I eat. I am also tired all of the time. Does anyone know what this is??
|

replied October 27th, 2005
Anonymous
newcomer wrote:
hi all, this is my first post. I am a 27 year old female. I have had a pain in my lower right side for almost 4 weeks now. It is to the lower right of my belly button and also in my side and sometimes even in my right upper leg. I have been to a doctor about 6 days ago with this issue (and some other issues). He has prescribed some antibiotics for a bladder infection. It was finished in about 3 days and the pain is still the same. He also did some blood tests (for my constant fatigue) and a urine sample. I have other symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite, head aches, sore and dry eyes, weight gain, dry mouth, thirst, constipation, etc. At first I suspected appendicitis, but am not sure anymore as the pain comes and goes. It is definitely worse at night. It is not sore when I touch there, but hurts when I cough or sneeze. In the last couple of days the pain is not only in the front but also at the back, probably the kidney area. The doctor also suspected an ectopic or tubal pregnancy, but did not test for such. The pain is not unbearable, but rather uncomfortable and rather worrying. I'd say I get a stabbing pain every 10 to 15 minutes, but no constant pain.

Thanks

see another doctor I have all those symtoms tired pain in the back when I cough or sneeze pain in my upper right leg sharp pain on the right side I have been sent to several doctor's the last doctor I saw is a surgent it's sims I have a problem in the gallbladder.
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Anonymous
I Don't Like It!
Hi,

i know above all things, I really need to go to the doctor to get examed. Nonetheless, I have to wait till my next visit and I do need some direction. I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis about a month ago. I was informed that the after math of the virus would be gone there after, this being the cough, phlem, mucus, ect. Six weeks have passed and i'm am still having difficulty breathing through the lungs. I have a terrible whipping cough, that not only hurts the chest, but even greater, my lower back. The cough will encompus enough pain on my back that I feel the need to curl up on the couch every time. I am always tired, and every so often, get a bit nauseated along side some dizzyness and shortly followed by a headache. I also experience speratic changes in body temperatures with hot to cold sweats, more so at night than during the day. I also had my first encounter a cute little friend "mr. Cold sore".

I know it takes a while for the body to recover from any foreign unwanted substances, but come on, is all this normal within six weeks? I feel like I am prgressively getting worse than better. What is your opinion?

Thanks!
|

I have had the same pain for five days now.I went to the drs and they did tests..And he said I woz fine..And come back in a weak?????R u mad.I cud be dead..Telling me thers nowt rong with me...Wot can I do?
|

You have to be pushy with your doc or he wont believe you are in as much pain as you say,i had a hell of a time getting anyone to listen to me to start I was in the docs twice a week and ended up in er a few times as the pain was so bad, don't let them fob you off if you feel really bad keep going back ,sometimes it is the only way to get anyone to help and take you seriously,in my doc surgery we have about 8 different docs I must have seen four before I found one that wud listen to me,
|

Re: I Don't Like It!
jublu22 wrote:
hi,

i know above all things, I really need to go to the doctor to get examed. Nonetheless, I have to wait till my next visit and I do need some direction. I was diagnosed with acute bronchitis about a month ago. I was informed that the after math of the virus would be gone there after, this being the cough, phlem, mucus, ect. Six weeks have passed and i'm am still having difficulty breathing through the lungs. I have a terrible whipping cough, that not only hurts the chest, but even greater, my lower back. The cough will encompus enough pain on my back that I feel the need to curl up on the couch every time. I am always tired, and every so often, get a bit nauseated along side some dizzyness and shortly followed by a headache. I also experience speratic changes in body temperatures with hot to cold sweats, more so at night than during the day. I also had my first encounter a cute little friend "mr. Cold sore".

I know it takes a while for the body to recover from any foreign unwanted substances, but come on, is all this normal within six weeks? I feel like I am prgressively getting worse than better. What is your opinion?

Thanks!

if I was you I wouldn't wait til next week I suffer from asthma so I often get bronchial infections and I never leave it if it isn't getting better,antibiotics should take no more than 72 hours to go into your system and start working if you are getting no better then obviously you need something else instead.
|

replied November 27th, 2005
Re: I Don't Like It!
[quote="jublu22"]hi,

Thanks![/quot

it sounds like you have pnoemonia
|

replied November 29th, 2005
Anonymous
You Might Have Gallstones
Ever since I had my daughter 6 months ago every month about 2-3 times I would get this horrible sharp pain in my right side upper abdomin right under my rib cage. The pain was so horrible, I couldn't sleep for about 2-3 hours at night. I didn't think anything of it for the first few months thinking ok, I have never had a baby before maybe this is a symptom of just having a baby. Well it got so bad that I went to the e.R. In september. Well they said it was acid reflux. Took medicine for it and it didn't help, went to the doctors and had to keep on going till the doctor sent me to the hospital for a ultrasound, low and behold they found my gallbladder was full of gallstones. Thank god they finally found the problem. Now I am going on the 9th of december to get my gallbladder out! Talk to your doctor about this. It could be gallstones!
good luck :!:
|

replied December 17th, 2005
Anonymous
Rt Side Pain
Three days ago, I was diagnosis with diverticulitis. I was experiencing lt side pain that radiated to the right. I was hospitalized for three days and given iv antibotic. During the last stay at the hospital, I started having extreme rt side pains-rated 9 out of 10. The doctor discharged and instructed me to take oral antibotic at home. I am not running a fever but I have chills at night. I started having headaches two days ago. I can't believe the doctor discharged me with extreme pains.

Good luck to everyone.
|

replied December 18th, 2005
Re Rt Side Pain
I would strongly recommend you get a second opinion if the pain is that severe.
|

replied December 19th, 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:
|

replied January 7th, 2006
Anonymous
Pain Inthe Right Hand Side
Has anyone ever heard of the illeocecal valve? It is close to the appendix & it could be the cause of your symptons. Do your research on it. The medical profession hardly ever mention it.
|