Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Rollar Coaster Relationship, Boyfriend Has Anger Problems

My boyfriend says I am mentally unstable, but only when he is mad at me

when we have communication problems, when we argue, and it is related to miscommunication, he thinks I am from a different world as I am arguing about something else

i just misunderstood, that doesn't mean I am crazy, right? :?

But he has broke several things of mine with in a 6 month period
he has taken my purse, or threatened to take my purse and he has tried to have me leave his car two seperate different occassions and I were to fend for myself, walking home :(

he has physically hurt me a few times, and he says it would not have happened if I did not let problems escalte, do things differently
which is true, my part in it, but still I did not deserve physically things to happen to my body.

So I am only crazy in the sense that I stayed with him, cause when things are good, it is fun, it is loving, it is great

but other than that, he is the mentally unstable one, right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2005
Your Boyfriend Has Anger Problems........
He most definetely has anger problems, which are not your fault at all!!!! If he's angry about something, doesn't give him an excuse to treat you like that ever........I was married to an abusive man for 16 years and he did all those things to me as your boyfriend is doing to you right now, but over time it only got worse...........If he's breaking your stuff and physically abusing you then take control of your life and tell him to "step off" cause you don't have to put up with that kind of treatment from no man!!!! Don't be afraid either cause that's exactly how he wants you to feel.....Afraid! He can only do to you what you allow him to do my dear!!!!!
|

replied July 25th, 2005
the Boyfriend With the Anger Problem
Well let me tell you my boyfriend has done that to becuase he was on drugs!! My boyfriend has a severe anger problem just as well so if your still with him then see if he is willing to try and get on medicatin for his anger problem and if he gets mad at that then leave it alone and move on!! Becuse if you dont then it could get you severally hurt or even killed. There are other fish in the see so good luck
|

replied May 24th, 2009
You need to read this book
Hello, I just got away from an abusive ex boyfriend. I did not know what I was dealing with nor what had happened to our once so happy relationship until I read the book "why does he do that?" by Lundy Bancroft.

You have to read this book, it will answer every question you have.

If you went back to him, get away from him as soon as possible and do not ever look back.

good luck,
Wendy
|