Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Skin Sensitive to Touch

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have been having these areas on my body (it is just occurring from the waist down) that become very sensitive to touch, it feels like when you have a burn on you and can' t touch it, it keeps moving up and down my legs. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cricket1
|

replied October 24th, 2003
Has the texture or color of your skin changed Question
|

replied October 26th, 2003
No, nothing has changed.
|

replied January 16th, 2005
Skin Sensitive to Touch ....
I've had these same exact symptoms. Did yours eventually go away??
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
I've been trying to find the answer to this for quite some time. I used to date a girl who's hands were sensitive to any touch or rubbing.. Her arms as well. It was quite distressing when you can't even hold hands because she'll feel incredible pain.

If you find an answer, please do share. :)
|

replied December 17th, 2005
I'm experiencing the same thing mainly around my waist. What is it?
|

replied December 19th, 2005
Zoster Sin Herpete
My nurse practioner suggested it may be shingles without a rash. We are having a blood test run to confirm.
|

replied January 25th, 2006
Skin Sensitive to Touch
Two weeks ago, I started taking a sleeping pill. I developed dry eyes and this skin sensitivity. I stopped taking the sleeping pill 6 days ago. The dry eyes improved in 2 days, but the creepy skin sensation is still with me. My sensitity is not painful. I can barely stand to touch rough objects, mainly cloth. It gives me shivers all over. I am constantly putting hand lotion on my hands to cut down on the odd sensations. My feet, arms and legs are affected to a lesser degree. Do others have this problem and is there a name for it?
|

replied April 25th, 2006
Has anyone come up with a name for this? I experienced this for the first time today and it's really annoying. I have it on the inside and back of my right arm and every time my arm rubs against my shirt it hurts a lot. Any more info anyone???
|

replied May 21st, 2006
I Had My Gall Bladder Removed Then Told I Had Shingles
I have sunburn like pain on my tummy that goes around to the other side of my back I have had my gall bladder removed but visited the dr recently and was told I have got shingles at this stage with no rash but talk about annoying what life throws out at us does any one agree??
|

replied March 14th, 2007
Re: Skin Sensitive to Touch
i have had the sensitive to the touch spots on my shoulder lower blade andit moved to the area by my waist undr my arm and now it is on my ribs on the right side. ?????
|

replied March 14th, 2007
Re: Skin Sensitive to Touch
lisa59 wrote:
i have had the sensitive to the touch spots on my shoulder lower blade andit moved to the area by my waist undr my arm and now it is on my ribs on the right side. ?????

hi there i would say it may be nothing to worry about but still seek medical advice.i had the problem but it has gone now when i went to see the dr he said shingles but i think it may of been because i had my gall bladder out my body healing inside please consult your dr if it really annoys you because that is why they are there thanks. i hope i have helped
|

replied September 10th, 2008
sensitive areas
I have been experiencing the same thing off and on for years. Most of the time it is the back of my thighs, today however it is on the front of only one of my thighs. I have not had my gallbladder removed and shingles usually present on the abdomen around to the back. If anyone has any other suggestions as to what it might be I am very interested.
|

replied September 12th, 2008
i've been the same problems, and never cure
|

replied November 10th, 2009
raw feeling
i am having a problem right now in the crease of my leg. its not a different color, nor is it inflamed. it almost feels raw, i cant wear anything up against it that will rub. it is very painful. it happens every year but not this painful. maybe cause of the location not sure. i will go see a doctor if it doesnt get better. let you all know the outcome
|

replied November 12th, 2009
answer
went to the doctor yeesterday and it is shigles that has not surfaced yet. she put me on valtrex, she said that sometimes they do not surface which cause alot of pain. if it all on one side of your body and if you had flu like symptons previous to the pain you more than likely have the shingles
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Thanks spanky322003 for the report...This is good to know...Gives us more information for this type of problem...Hope that you get well soon...

Caroline
|

replied January 18th, 2011
I also have this same problem...on and off for a few years now. Sometimes it's on my lower abdomen, most of the time it's on my thighs, either the front or the back, or even the sides...never both legs at the same time. It's driving me crazy. It's almost like the feeling you have when you are running a fever, your skin hurts, and it hurts when touched. Even when your clothes touch it. I have not been sick with the flu or even a cold in a long time, so the fact that it could be the shingles is very odd to me. Someone please help!
|
Tags: skin, touch
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile