Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Hot Tub

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I want to take my husband to a hottub this weekend. I am really excited. However I just heard rumors about hot tubs. Can you tell me if you can contract any std from hottubs. What are my risks?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
I think this is one of the most asked questions regarding stds...The myth that you can contract an std or infection from a hottub is just that...A myth. Hottubs have chemicals in them that kill off any harmful bacteria so there is no potential risk of catching anything...The only thing I would worry about is if you were using a hot tub with just water...But who does that? Lol so anyways, have fun, stop worrying, and happy hottubbing because you're in the clear! Laughing
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied November 5th, 2003
Experienced User
Hot Tub
Yep,
she is right. You cannot contract any std from a hot tub.
So, have fun!

Marissa
|

replied April 5th, 2009
std hotub
well on the show the doctors they mentioned that you can so im on the border line and i dont know whats true and whats not true??
|

replied May 14th, 2012
ok so i have a question can u pass a std while u are in a hot bath since there are no chemicals in there
|

replied June 9th, 2013
Diseases from Hot tubs
You can catch folliculitis and certain rashes from hot tubs. Look it up!
|
Quick Reply