Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Please Tell Me Your Opinions

I am 25 my boyfriend is 28 and we have been together for 1 1/2 years. My boyfriend says he wants to be with me forever and that he wants to marry me. I am ok with him saying that although I sorta feel non commital and this is why...I am a student thus I am poor. My boyfriend has a decent income and yet we still split everything 50/50 (rent, bills, etc). I am ok with that. He buys mountain bikes, and snowmobiles and all kinds of things I can't afford and than takes off all weekend doing things I can't do because I can not afford the equipment. When I tell him I want to do these things with him he basically says I am too poor to enjoy the same things that he likes. This upsets me because I am a student and will eventually make more money than him and I have every intention to include him in on whatever it is I do. I will not exclude him because he can't afford it. I tell him that if he wants to be married like he is always talking about one of us doesn't get to be rich and one of us poor, we are in it together. He doesn't understand. I would be ok if he would try to help me out a little, he could buy me a bike and I could pay him back so I can have fun too. I would like this to either be more of a team/partnership situation or I need some space so I don't expect such a serious commitment from him. I am ok with backing off on the seriousness but he is not, yet he doesn't understand why I am upset with the way things are. Anyway, we have been together for 1 1/2 years and this has been going on for about 6 months, it is driving me crazy!! Am I being ridiculous?????????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
If you do not put your foot down now then you will be eating his baloney for the rest of your life and if you are not happy then you are the onlyone who can change it.
The best to you.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied December 28th, 2004
Jamie,i have to agree w/sandy. He really sounds as if he's on the mountain looking down on you because of the $.Now,what happens when you're on the mountain?Ask him what he thinks of that? No one is better than anyone else.Take care.Smile:)
|
Tags: afford
Quick Reply