Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Infectious Diseases Forum

Hpv Question

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
I have hpv and got it checked and had treatment. Then a few months ago my boyfriend found a cluster on his penis. We do not want his parents to know through insurance, and even if we had to use insurance, thats ok... But we dont know what to do for treatment for him. My gyno told me to tell him to go to a urologist but the price to even go in for an appointment is so much. Any ideas? Any comments on what men have had to get done? Please ... As much information and ideas oin where to go would be very helpful! Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2005
You need to go to the health department. It is usually no charge. They can burn the warts for free, or they can prescribe you aldara but that is gonna cost you!
|

replied February 12th, 2006
Go to planned parent hood
|

replied June 10th, 2006
Planned parenthood is extremely cheap, and if they use your insurance your parents still wont know. Atleast thats what they told me and I was getting birth control every month on my insurance, and they never knew.
|

replied July 8th, 2007
I would say go to your health department or planned parenthood, depending on your age, your health insurance shouldn't be allowed to give this information to your parents! I wouldnt wait, HPV is not an STD that you should wait on!! you should seek treatment for your bf right away. Good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Exposure to Hpv
Please tell me how you could possibly have been treated for HPV as there is no cure for HPV. I know. I have been exposed to it and from everything that I have learned on eHealth Forum, there is no cure.

Perhaps, if it is only genital warts, they can be removed. But, please remember, HPV has almost 100 different strains of viruses. Some only cause genital warts. However, there are some serious, dangerous Types which cause cervical cancer.

Undoubtedly, your doctor will test you and assertain what Types of HPV you have been exposed to.

Good luck.

Roberta
|