Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Can Someone Help Me Out? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey guys, i'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I stopped coming on a while back becasue there was so much drama, but it seems to have calmed down a bit. I am 17 weeks pregnant now, and I go for my checkup on this friday, does anyone think they'll be able to tell me what the sex is? I know it's early, I just don't think I can wait any longer!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Experienced User
They might be able to tell you what the sex is....Do you have an u/s set up? If not htey might make you wait till you're around 20 weeks, it's easier and more accurate the further along you are. Good luck nad it is hard waiting!!
|

Experienced User
Hello...!
|

Experienced User
Some women's doctors can tell the sex of the baby on ultra sound as early as 16 weeks.

Um, well when I miscarried my baby girl, I was 17 weeks.. They did an ultrasound then.
|

Experienced User
You don't miscarry at 17 weeks.....Sorry.....
|

Active User, very eHealthy
When is your due date? Im about 17 weeks too. I have a u/s scheduled january 10th, my doctor said I have to be 18-20 weeks.
|

Extremely eHealthy
princess385 wrote:
you don't miscarry at 17 weeks.....Sorry.....

eve was pregnant, those who know her knew it. So who are u to say u dont miscarry at 17 wks.... Lots of us here have so just b/c u say u don't doesnt make it possible
|

Experienced User
Wow that's totally untrue. It is very possible to miscarry at 17 weeks! I have a friend who has, fyi!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think some posts on this thread need to be deleted
|

Experienced User
And they may be able to find out the sex, but it's not gonna be 100% sure, I dont think. Im not sure. But it's possible.
|

Experienced User
Ouch.. Fyi, princess.. I did miscarry..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes wendy she did and very recently u c*nt so thank u for upsetting her! And me and others with ur thoughtless and unfounded remarks
|

Experienced User
princess385 wrote:
you don't miscarry at 17 weeks.....Sorry.....

.B.U.L.L.S.H.*.T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That just goes to show how much you don't know... It's possible to miscarry at anytime... But after a certain time (the point in which the baby is capable of survival outside the womb), it's called a stillborn.
So, unless you know what you're talking about, shut your piehole... Especially if you're dissing my friends!!!!!!!
|

Experienced User
Thanks for backing me girls, sometimes this place is just a breeding ground for drama..I just have to learn to ignore ignorant people.. Rolling Eyes
|

Experienced User
Remember, just as long as you know the truth, thats all that matters. Dont listen to ignorance babe.
|

Experienced User
I was not calling her a liar....I have lost a child at 15 weeks and 30 weeks. Drs don't consider it a miscarriage...I was just correcting her. Well my dr didn't consider it a miscarriage, but a loose of the child. I don't know...I'm sorry I didn't mean to start anything, reason I put "sorry" in there. I was not calling her a liar at all!! I just want to make that clear. So please, i'm very sorry to upset anyone!!
|

Experienced User
Forgiven.. I'm sorry that everyone jumped on you, it just seemed that way when u said it... I think perhaps doctors phrase it differently, but thats pretty irrevelant what its called..

I'm sorry for your losses as well.
|

Experienced User
Meh
|

Experienced User
Thanks hun...I'm sorry for you loose as well. If you ever want to talk, i'm willing to. I've been there myself. It's not easy and it helps when you have someone who can relate to you!!
|

Experienced User
you do miscarry after 17 weeks. After around 20 weeks if you are pregnant and the baby has died while it is in the womb then it is a stillbirth then it is delivered dead, and if the baby is born after around 20 weeks but then dies it is a preemie..
|
12 >>