Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

mild to severe pain in my lower right abdominal quadrant

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have frequent mild to severe pain in my lower right abdominal quadrant. I had a hysterectomy in june of this year. I was hoping that all of my problems in that area was the thing causing my pain. It wasn't. I have gone in for test after test for appendicitis. Blood work, ultrasound, ct scan, etc. All were normal. My appendix was never able to be seen. The pain sometimes gets so intense that I think I should go to the er, but never do because nothing has ever pointed to appendicitis when I did go. My doctor says that she can't rule out appendicitis, but she can't say that it definately is since tests all came back normal. My pain and symptoms all mimic appendicitis. My doctor told me that she had a patient that had almost the same exact symptoms as mine for over 2 years and all tests for him were normal as well. Turns out that he had his appendix out and all was fine again. So that's why my doc isn't ruling it out. But since i've had 3 surgeries since march, my doc dosen't really want to put me through another one unless absolutely necessary. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 13th, 2009
pain
I'm having the same problem...out of the blue severe pain in my lower left quadrant. I had a total hysterectomy where they removed everything but my vagina & said my appendix looked fine. I had endometriosis. They had to do some scraping and said they couldn't get it all but it shouldn't be a problem without ovaries. I wonder? Before my surgery, I'd had my gallbladder ultra-sounded for this. It seemed fine but was curvy?
|

replied October 9th, 2010
lower right quadrant pain help.. not appendicitis.....
I am in a similar boat scared and desperate and in need of answers. It started with a bang, no warning what so ever in my "lower right quadrant". The pain ranges from tame to OMG PLEASE HELP!! I went to ER, great hospital good docs not their fault but they didn't fix the problem. They removed my appendic and removed adhesions on my right overy but neither doc saw a cause for the degree of pain in either of those issues, taking the appendix because it was "slightly" inflamed and minor scar tissue on my overies didn't justify the sever pain. I have had gall stones before and had my gall bladder removed. I understand pain. This peaks worse than that. I have had two c-sections but the docs didnt seem to even consider that. I am desperate for answers please, if you have had a similar experience or know something, please write me and God Bless
|