Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Burning In Upper Back

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I get this burning on the left side where my shoulders come together in the back. It hurts so bad. Hat would cause this pain. I had a triple bypass in aug. 2001, and pain again in april of this yr. Dr. Changed my meds some and was fine until about 3 weeks ago. This pain comes and goes ... But it really burns when it does hit. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper omnia
|

replied December 14th, 2004
Hi angel and welcome to the board,
i also had triple bypass just a little before you did. I found I have some problems with my back as well. You need to talk to your doc about this one.The burning could be from a pinched nerve in your neck or middle back. I had to have fusion surgery for my neck c6-c7. I have ddd really bad in the cervical and thoracic regions of my back. I have several buldging disks and another herniation at t8-t9. I'm taking methadone for the pain and neurotin for the burning nerve pain. Check with your doc about getting an mri of your back.
Good luck, bruce Smile
|

replied February 19th, 2009
burning in uper left side of back?
i had a burning sensation in the upper left side of my back since 4 months..i went to 3 doctors but they ddnt know why. The pain is constant and it increases with the way of sitting or standing..i hope i can fine an answer here..thanx
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
burning in upper back left side
i am also having the same pain. google sharp burning upper back pain. click on medhelp.org/ forums/back-problems-support/messages. we are not the only ones with this pain. hope this helps
|

replied March 24th, 2009
Me too
I also having the same burning sensation in my back around bra lining area, I went to chiropractor, it works, they know what to do!
|