Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Well to My Surprise, I Started Today....

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
2 weeks early.... Shocked

as most of you might have read about my situation I was worried about in this thread: http://ehealthforum.Com/health/topic26825. Html

from the last day of my period, I usually dont start for a month and another week... Well today, I started my period which is never early... Starting today put me a week before it would be a month (2 weeks before I was supposed to start)... My periods are pretty consistant... Is this weird or a good thing???

Edit: I just read heathergirls post and I am cramping (not bad, but I hardly ever cramp) and I am bleeding heavier than usual the first day (although I don't think as bad as her... The blood is very more bright red than usual (i noticed she mentioned that as well)...

Last edited by bailysbutterfly on December 12th, 2004 06:11 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Are you sure it's your period?
|

Experienced User
l2at24 wrote:
are you sure it's your period?

definatly... Its very heavy... Which is also unusual for the first day... And im cramping pretty bad...
|

Extremely eHealthy
You may be miscarrying, something similar just happened to heathergirl.
|

Experienced User
l2at24 wrote:
you may be miscarrying, something similar just happened to heathergirl.

are you serious??? Exclamation im about to do a search and read her posts
|

Extremely eHealthy
It's under hey! Read me. Go to the second page.
|

Experienced User
l2at24 wrote:
it's under hey! Read me. Go to the second page.

i edited my first post with a little more info... I dont seem to be cramping as bad as her, but I have been going to bed quite a bit earlier (not really too too tired during the day)...

I have a home pregnancy test, would that let me know if it is just a regular period or not?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't think so. You won't have enough hcg to show up on the test.
|

Experienced User
I think you should make an appt to see a doc. If you are miscarrying there is a possibility that it could some how be bad for your health. Just to be sure and such go to your gyno. I hope it's just your period.
|

Experienced User
I have also noticed that everything is making me nauseated! My bf smokes cigarettes and that was making me want to vomit and the smell of my lotion that I always wear is also making me nautious...

What is the deal? I go to my regular doctor tomorrow, not my obgyn but my family physician for something else... Should I mention this to him?
|