Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Does Holding Your Legs Up After Sex Help You Get Pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi I ve heard that if you hold your legs up after having sexyou can get pregnant is that true?. I ve been doing that hopefully it works. But does anybody know anything about this Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 1stTimeMom2Be
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2004
Community Volunteer
Certainly it helps keep as much sperm in as possible.
As to weather it helps you get pregnant... No firm medical evidence but...
|

Experienced User
I don't know gravity...If your legs are up more sperm can travel the direction they are supposed to.
|

Experienced User
I know that your chances increase if you stay on your back for at least 20 minutes after sex with tour behind somewhat elevated so maybe try putting a pillow under your behind after sex and just lay there for like 20 minutes...I did that one time and im now 9w 2d pregnant...Good luck...
|

replied July 10th, 2012
OH THANK YOU THIS MAKES ME SO EXCITED I AM WANTING MY TO HAVE MY FIRST BABY AND HAD HEARD THIS WOULD WORK....
|

Extremely eHealthy
Anytime you can keep the sperm around the cervix, your chances for pregnancy increases. The cervix is already a substantial barrier, and only around 500 or so of the mant thousand of sperm released will actually make it through the cervix under normal circumstances. If you can double that number, it doubles your chance for getting pregnant.

(which is also, btw, the reason why douching increases your risk of pregnancy, as you wash away the mucus)
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
steen wrote:
anytime you can keep the sperm around the cervix, your chances for pregnancy increases. The cervix is already a substantial barrier, and only around 500 or so of the mant thousand of sperm released will actually make it through the cervix under normal circumstances. If you can double that number, it doubles your chance for getting pregnant.

(which is also, btw, the reason why douching increases your risk of pregnancy, as you wash away the mucus)

i second this... Also try not to pee for atleast 20 min.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think its an old wives tale
|

Thank you for all your answers. It helps alot if anyone knows more about this please let me know
thanks again Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
tazzy d wrote:
steen wrote:
anytime you can keep the sperm around the cervix, your chances for pregnancy increases. The cervix is already a substantial barrier, and only around 500 or so of the mant thousand of sperm released will actually make it through the cervix under normal circumstances. If you can double that number, it doubles your chance for getting pregnant.

does that make a difference? Cuz I know I didn't pee for like...An hour...After I had sex with my ex... Confused
|

replied December 12th, 2004
Experienced User
I heard from a friend that it does work and that is what her doctor told her to do and now she is pregnant.
|

Experienced User
Like I said I tried it and im pregnant now....So if thats what did it then ot works....Lol...
|

Thank you all
|

Thank you all
|

Experienced User
Ur welcome and good luck....
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Good luck
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2004
Community Volunteer
justacanadiangirl wrote:
tazzy d wrote:
steen wrote:

does that make a difference? Cuz I know I didn't pee for like...An hour...After I had sex with my ex... Confused

carefull with the not peeing after sex-it can case urinary tract infections
|

replied December 14th, 2004
When we concived this baby I would lay on my back with my legs somewhat up I waited for about 10 minutes not sure if that is what worked we got pregnant 1 month after ttc. Wink
|

Experienced User
I know for sure I got pregnant the only time I ever put my legs up...And we had tried for 4 months!
|

Experienced User
It Worked For Me!
My husband and I got pregnant the first month of ttc! We would have sex like every other day, just so the sperm count would be higher. And everytime I would put a pillow to lift my lower body up its not so much the legs you can croos them if you want, just as long as your lower body is properly elevated!!!!! Let me know how it goes! Dont forget to have fun! Laughing
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
justacanadiangirl wrote:
tazzy d wrote:
steen wrote:

oh yeah thats the risk you have to take..Lol

carefull with the not peeing after sex-it can case urinary tract infections
|
Quick Reply