Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Thigh Cramps

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am 38 weeks and for the last 2 weeks my thighs have been hurting so bad. It is getting to the point were I can barely get out of bed anymore with out help, and sometimes even need help out of a chair. Walking isnt all the fun right now either. Does anyone else get this, does anyone know if its normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Prego8D
|

replied October 22nd, 2003
I think this is pretty normal. I am 37 weeks right now and I wake up constantly in the middle of the night and I have to flip over to the other side because my thighs and hips ache so bad. I heard it has to do with the extra weight pulling on your hips and thighs and it helps to put a pillow under your belly while sleeping for support. I haven't tried it, though. I wouldn't doubt if it also has to do with everything stretching and widening and getting ready for birth. Oh the joys of pregnancy. I just keep telling myself its all worth it in the end! Good luck to you!
|

replied October 22nd, 2003
I tried the whole pillow thing but I can not sleep like that at all. Just doesnt work for me. It is very worth it but still not the nicest thing to go through
|

replied July 29th, 2009
yes am 26 weeks pregnant and i just got them today omg they hurt so bad i was walking in the kicten and next thing i no i was on the floor i couldnt walk, everytime i tried it hurt so bad! i just laid down for a little and stretch my legs and massaged them and i went away.
|

replied September 17th, 2009
I jumped up real quick today because my daughter wrecked her bike and it scared me i amd 28 weeks pregnant with twins every since i did it i can barely move my thighs are so sore...
|

replied November 25th, 2009
I am 37 weeks pregnant. I asked my doctor what the cramps in the upper thighs meant and she said it's from where your hips are spreading apart and your joints are loosening to prepare for child birth. You usually go into labor any where from a couple of days to a couple of weeks after this first starts happening. Sitting usually helps and if you get them in the middle of the night like I do try stretching out your legs a little bit while sitting. I hope this post was helpful.
|

replied December 4th, 2009
i am 3 weeks and i just started getting them last night during a paticularly long braxton hicks bought. as long as it is not your whole leg cramping up it should be fine. make sure if you do feel a cramping pain all through your leg that yo go to the doctor imedietly because it could be a blood clot!
|

replied December 18th, 2009
cramps/pain in thighs
i am 33weeks and 3 days pregnant. for the last wee my lower back has really been hurting and my inner thighs hurt extremely bad. stomach cramps up a lot.it hurts to even get out of bed or walk around.taken tyenol that does not help.trieda pillow in between my legs under my back and everything. it has gotten worse the last 2 or 3 days. any advice?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov