Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Am I Still Contagious?

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
Hello im 16 and was diagnosed with mono about 6 weeks ago... But my girlfriend will not come near me until I am sure if im not contagious anymore. I know that u cant be exactly sure, but I need to know how long I should wait to kiss/make out again. I was sick with symptoms for only 2 weeks which was a pretty mild case, and was tired for a week more. Will I always be contagious or will there be a time when I wont have to worry about it at all?
Ive read all over on the internet and ive been told 1 month some places. But some places I read say much longer. I have not had symptoms for about 3 weeks now. Thanks for your help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 15th, 2004
Well... I've read that mono can stay active in your system for up to five months and it is possible to spread it during that time. Something about it can shed of the back of your throat... I don't know...

But... I kissed my boyfriend the day before I found out I had mono and he never got it...

So use your own discretion...
|
Did you find this post helpful?