Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Can I Do to Get Pregnant (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi everyone I am new to this forum and I dont really know the meanings to all the abribiations like ttc and others but I hope that you guys can help me my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant and it just doesnt happen. I dont know what to do. I really want a baby. Please help....... Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
First off, hi Smile welcome to the boards. And since u don't know ttc means "trying to conceive". Just easier to write ttc I think Smile as for advice all I can say is just keep trying. But make sure it's not all work Smile it's gotta be fun too. Try not to concentrate too hard or u'll just be stressing urself out. Good luck and let us know how it goes for u Smile
|

Thanx juscanadian girl I apreciate your advice yeah hopefully I ll be able to have a baby soon
thanx
|

Experienced User
Well goodluck I hope you get pregnant soon Smile by the way how long have you been trying for?
|

Thanx. Not very long like 3 weeks I think but I cant wait til I get pregnant.
|

Experienced User
Well good luck , ive only just started trying too. If u eva want to chat just mssge me. Im hopeing I get pregnant soon but after being on the pill for a few years I dont expect to get pregnant straight away.But it would be very very nice Smile
|

Yeah it would be I would message you but I cant I am at work right now but is there anything else we can do
|

Extremely eHealthy
------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
hey mili, i'm lana, 24, two dds (dear daughters) ages 9 mos and 29 mos. From your post it sounds like you've been ttc forever! Laughing . Well, I posted this in another topic for kristynchase. She's also been ttc, for over a year. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure how much you know about getting pregnant, so i'll explain everything. Basically, you need to be ovulating in order to get pregnant. That's when the egg is released for fertilization. Here are are a few ways to figure out when you're ovulating. If you have a regular 28 day cycle it would be around the 14th day of your cylce. If it's not regular it may be harder to tell. You could use nfp. Natural family planning. There is a post about it in the birth control forum by jriegl (sp?). It includes your temp (higher than usual), cervical mucus (would be clear and and you can make strings that don't break, between your fingers, and your cervix (slighty open, low, and soft). It would take a little while to figure out your body and the changes that happen during ovulation. There are also ovulation tests. You can get them in the same section as pregnancy tests. I'm not sure how accurate they are. You should have as much sex as you can (once or twice a day) like 2-3 days before and after you ovulate and day of, of course.

|

Extremely eHealthy
The only thing I know is that you obviously can't be on bc and to maybe try the calender method and have sex when your most fertile and when he finishes to lay on your back with your feet in the air so the sperm goes into your uterus.. That's all I know other than also using the ivf but I don't know what your stance is on that so I won't go into it.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Sit back and enjoy sex with your man and let nature take its course
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Welecome and goodluck!!
|

Yea I Got One`
Take a fertility test
|

replied December 10th, 2004
Good luck!I am also ttc.I've been on depo for 9 mons. Off for 19 mons. And trying ttc.Still nothing,all we can do is pray and keep on trying!!!Good luck and best wishes!!
|

replied December 11th, 2004
Thanx yeah I hope I get pregnant soon you dont know how bad I want to.
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Have u tried and ovulation kit?

Hahah or plain and simple practice makes perfect
|

replied December 12th, 2004
Thank you
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi and welcome, i'm jill, 23 and ttc. Well month number 1 down as of today so hopefully positive news next month. But good luck trying and yes enjoy it......
|

Good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!
|

Experienced User
jillie81 wrote:
hi and welcome, i'm jill, 23 and ttc. Well month number 1 down as of today so hopefully positive news next month. But good luck trying and yes enjoy it......

you look so much like my friend kathyrn it's scary. At first when I saw your avatar I thought you were her!
|

replied December 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Just Relax!!!
Well you should let nature take its course!!!! It will happen the worst thing you can do is worry and stress your self out.... That can make ttc difficult!
Good luck let me know how it goes!!!!! Oh where are my manners welcome I look forward to chatting!!!!!
|
12 >>