Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Hernia And Weight Lifting

I would like to know if ayone knows any weight lifting restrictions for someone whos had 2 hernia repairs......My husband is 45 and has had 2 repairs he weighs 195 lbs...And he lifts weights and does lifting at work...I don't want him to do anything to cause another repair
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2003
Hernia Left Side.
I just had a hernia repaired and it was there about two months with no pain at all, it just felt like I was growing a third testicle.Well I had it repaired on tuesday oct 21. Everything went well, not much pain, the second day although I never noticed the first day,where my stitches are and my testicle on the surgery side is quite large I figured this is normal due to the plug and patch, has anyone else had similar swelling, this is my first surgery.
|

replied December 24th, 2003
Hi hernia repair,

i don't know what it feels like to have a hernia but maybe you can help me.

The right side of my groin is tender to the touch. I've had this tenderness for awhile. I lifted a coffin a few weeks ago and felt some strange feelings coming from between my butt cheeks. I've never felt anything like that before.

I'm afraid to go to the doctors for fear what i'll find out. My wife thinks I have a bladder infection because my urine stinks bad.

Can you please tell me how to tell if I have a hernia. Thanks
|

replied December 25th, 2003
Tender Groin
I'm not a doctor but it does not sound to me like you have a hernia, from my understanding, if you have a hernia in that area, it is usually a break in the wall that separates your inside item's from that area, I guess that your insides will start coming through the little break in the wall, in my case it felt like a fatty tissue, but did not hurt when I applied any pressure,
in my case it was just that a fatty tissue, I was told it could be part of my intestines poking through, but if that would have been the case it would have hurt when pressure was applied. The only real way to find out is to be examined by a doctor, I was afraid to go and waited too. But I went and that's the best advice I can give, I own a moving company and have moved furniture for 23 years and have never had what you described happen lifting anything. After my hernia, they removed my staples in 3 days and I was back to work on the phones only in 1 week, and back to normal in 3 weeks.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal