Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Acid Reflux And Whey Protien?

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
Anyone know if whey protien shakes can irritate your throat when you have gerd or acid reflux? It seems like whenever I start taking my shakes my throat gets sore again. I currently have gerd.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
It sounds like one of two things.. Either your throat hasn't had enough time to heal from your gerd (i am assuming you are on meds for this?) and is still sensitive.. Or your body may not like one of the ingredients in the shake. I wouldn't think it would aggravate the reflux unless like I said, one of the ingredients doesn't sit well with you.
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Yes I just started taking meds for the gerd a few weeks ago so my throat probobly hasnt had time to heal fully.
Thanks for the reply :d do you know by chance how long it takes for your throat to heal after you start taking the meds?
Any good recipes you would suggest? I have been eating chincken for the last month....
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
protien test positive 2
I had a physical found protien in my urine positive 2 and occastionally i suffer from severe shortness of breath. i am a very small frame truck driver what can this be?
|

replied April 26th, 2010
Sore Throat with Whey Protein
Yes, I myself am experiencing sore throat with whey protein.

What I have found is eating whey protein powder alone makes condition worse than having it mixed with a drink or food. But it does still irritates the throat, to a lesser extent though.

Would be trying gargling after having whey shake hope that reduces or removes any irritation caused by it.
|