Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Okay i'm starting to get extremely stressed out. Basically here is the info. I was on birth control for about 6months, the last month being november. My october pack I messed up and missed pills, followed all of the instructions on when to take them when you miss them etc but had a lot of breakthrough bleeding. I talk to an ob who said nothing to worry about and I started the november pack as usual and the bleeding stopped. Well I missed pills in november during the first week(lets just say my life got extremely hectic those months and I forgot to the bring the pack with me everywhere I was). The breakthrough bleeding started and then stooped. I was getting really annoyed and thinking about going off of the pill (ortho tri cyclin lo) when I missed a pill on a sunday night the third week and decided I was going off the pill because it was messing me up with the breakthrough bleeding. I had sex on monday night and i'm stressed out about being pregnant. Theoretically I should get my period around now (dec 6) but it was never regular when I was on the pill and the last 2 months I did mess it up. What are the chances I am pregnant and can I take a pg test or is it too early? I really don't want to be pg at this point in my life. Thank you, all help is appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
It all depends on when you ovulated for you to be pregnant. Just becuz you missed some pills sometimes it will affect you and sometimes it wont. Since you where suppose to start your period on the 6th and you havent you could take a test, but your period may have not started yet due to the fact that you are coming off of the pill and the hormone changes that your body is going through. Well to make it short I would take a hpt. Now to be safe than sory. Good luck and keep us informed
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You could definitely be pregnant. I would say strong possibility, because if you miss pills or even take your pill at irregular times everyday it doesn't work as well. Take a test.
|