Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Cramping On Left Side

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I found out that I am pregnant about 6 weeks give or take. I have started haveing some pain on my left side the pain comes on real sharp and fades away. What could this be can anyone help?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lotrfantammy
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
I'm about 5 weeks and I have cramping on my left side but it's usually pretty mild.....Maybe you should ask your Dr. About it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: Cramping On Left Side
lotrfantammy wrote:
i found out that I am pregnant about 6 weeks give or take. I have started haveing some pain on my left side the pain comes on real sharp and fades away. What could this be can anyone help?

anything goes in pregnancy. I would venture to say it's fine. If you feel you would be more comfortable/reassured from talking to your doc, do that. Usually, there is a nurse you can speak to at the office, you won't have to go in.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
It can also be you uterus growing as well.
|

Experienced User
When did you start feeling this cramp?
|

Experienced User
I think your asking me........I had it ever since I found out I was preggo! After I sleep or just take a nap it seems to go away for a while!
|

Experienced User
Interesting. My husband and I are ttc and my period is due on the 10th so I am just in the waiting stage now to find out but I have had cramping off and on for about a week now. Some people say it could just be my period coming on but I have never felt this before. Heres hoping!
|

Experienced User
I know I had cramps before I found out too, because I remember thinking it was my period!!
|

Experienced User
That is very interesting because I was on here earlier asking about the cramps and someone said to me that I would not get signs this early. Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one. Will keep you posted!
|

Experienced User
Well, every women is different and obvioulsy you can get cramps that early because I did! Alot of changes would be happening in your uterus about that time so it would be normal to have cramps!
|

replied February 3rd, 2005
I just found out that I am pregnant. Date of conception- january 18 2005!!! So I am excactly 16 days pregnant. I have had cramping since day 9.
|

replied May 26th, 2009
Pregnancy
I had periods that lasted only for a day and after that only spotting that lasted for four days should i take the pregnancy test or wait a little more longer. Also have abdominal and left side pains...plz need help!
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
hi ive just found out im haveing twins and im 8 weeks i keep getting cramping in my belly is this anything 2 worry about?
|